Rotational Dining on Disney magic

CruisinNewb

We are booked on the on the Disney Magic in October for the 7 night Marvel Day at Sea cruise. Retiring the week before this cruise and we had some DVC points to burn :)

It has been a while since we cruised on Disney although I remember the rotation dining aspect and I also realize they replaced Parrot Cay with Cariocas.

I just booked Palo's for our 3rd night which is sea day for an earlier time as we already have late seating at 830 so as not to have to rush to get ready for dinner.

I have read you can request a certain dining rotation (although no guarantees). In looking over the updated menus I think my wife would prefer Tritons and AP over Cariocas.

Does anyone know or is there a way to discover what the rotations might be for this cruise? I also realize that they may be subject to change before October.

Thanks for any help.

There's no way to know your assigned rotation before embarkation day. Changes can be made once you board the ship. The CM who checks you in can tell you where to go on the ship to make changes, and the info should also be listed on the daily Navigator you receive at check in.

Also, bear in mind that if you want to skip Carioca's for the entire 7 nights, it's going to throw off your ability to have the same servers during the cruise.

Once a Marvel Day at sea cruise has happened then you would have an idea of the rotation, but you wouldn't know your exact rotation until you get your key card.

Remember that you would only have the Carioca's menu once, even if you eat in Carioca's more than once. Even if you're in Carioca's and want something from the other restaurants then they will do their best to accommodate, and it's very easy if you wanted something from lumieres (tritons is on the Wonder) as they share a kitchen.

Also, bear in mind that if you want to skip Carioca's for the entire 7 nights, it's going to throw off your ability to have the same servers during the cruise.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by this comment. You WILL be assigned to a rotation that includes Carioca's, and you WILL be assigned to your "same" servers throughout the cruise. Whether you choose to sit in Carioca's and eat there on your assigned nights is up to you--you can opt to do adult dining, Cabanas, or room service if you don't want to sit in Carioca's. There is no way you can be given some special rotation that will never assign you to seating in a particular restaurant.

As above, I don't know what OP's issue is with Carioca's. If it is the signature menu, your dining staff will be happy to get you something from one of the other restaurant's signature menus. In addition, there is always the "lighter fare." On the second assigned night there, you'll have the same theme menu being served in all the restaurants. If the problem is the atmosphere, you just make a different choice for that night. It is completely possible on most 7 night cruises to do adult dining more than once--you book one in advance and on day 1 request to be waitlisted for a second time. And, as I noted, there is "cruise casual" dining in Cabanas except on the first and last nights of the cruise.

As noted, you can request a rotation and will usually get it. But our approach--at embarkation, look at the KTTW card to see what we got. If it doesn't mesh well with the Palo we've booked, we go to "Dining Changes" and leave it up to them whether to change our rotation or our Palo. They always make it work for us!

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't looking for a special rotation that avoids a particular restaurant. I also have no issue with Carioca's. I'm sure it is a good restaurant.

I was just perusing the menus, thought we'd like the menu choices better at AP and Lumiere's and I wanted to keep my Palo reservation on the sea day that I made it.

So I thought I'd try and request a rotation that has Carioca's on the day of our reservation at Palo's.

Not a big deal, just thought I'd ask.

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't looking for a special rotation that avoids a particular restaurant. I also have no issue with Carioca's. I'm sure it is a good restaurant.

I was just perusing the menus, thought we'd like the menu choices better at AP and Lumiere's and I wanted to keep my Palo reservation on the sea day that I made it.

So I thought I'd try and request a rotation that has Carioca's on the day of our reservation at Palo's.

Not a big deal, just thought I'd ask.

That's easy--if you don't have a rotation that puts you in Carioca's on your Palo day, go to "Dining Changes" on embarkation day (the times will be in the Welcome Aboard Navigator) and ask to be changed.

• 2 weeks later...

You can call the Disney Cruise line customer service number, and they will tell you what your dining rotation will be (although it is not guaranteed). We did it in July to decide which night we wanted to go to Palo's instead.