Let's Plan a Singles Cruise!!

Tina99

I love cruising, but I'm single now -- and that's not going to stop me! I am a loyal Royal Caribbean girl, but have enjoyed Princess. Carnival is too . . . well, carnival for me.

What I'm hoping to get interest in is: A cruise-lovers singles cruise on the new Princess ship, Royal Princess. Itinerary, Eastern Caribbean, January 2014. Who's with me?

• 2 months later...
I'm actually looking at Celebrity in April on the Reflection. Hard to beat when they are offering a free classic beverage package right now.

Yes, I am booked on the 4/5/14 sailing by myself and got that beverage package plus $200 shipboard credit. I'm excited and would love to have some other solo sailors join me. How about it everyone?

Debbie

I have only traveled with Carnival so a new cruise line would something good to try......to me it just depends on what port we leave out of.

This one on the Reflection is sailing out of Miami. Booking now to June 19th there is a pick your perk deal which one of them is the classic alcohol beverage package. However they seem to be doing a lot of promos lately so this type of one may be coming up again soon.

Yes, I am booked on the 4/5/14 sailing by myself and got that beverage package plus $200 shipboard credit. I'm excited and would love to have some other solo sailors join me. How about it everyone?

Debbie

Oh, I'm on the 4/5/14 sailing as well.

Oh good!! I'm happy that I won't be the only single/solo on board. Hope to get together with you on the ship. Lets stay in touch, OK?

Yeah, I'm guessing we probably won't be the only single/solo people on board. While trying to convince my friend to go I looked up Single cruises. There apparently is an online site that advertises for singles cruises and is planning one on this sailing for their 40 and over crowd. That is one of the reasons I looked at this sailing so we wouldn't be the only singles on board. I didn't book w/ them so won't be included in their exclusive events but just figured there was more of a chance than other sailings that there would be more singles/solo travelers.

Yes we'll definately have to stay in touch and meet up on the ship.

Sonya

Yeah, I'm guessing we probably won't be the only single/solo people on board. While trying to convince my friend to go I looked up Single cruises. There apparently is an online site that advertises for singles cruises and is planning one on this sailing for their 40 and over crowd. That is one of the reasons I looked at this sailing so we wouldn't be the only singles on board. I didn't book w/ them so won't be included in their exclusive events but just figured there was more of a chance than other sailings that there would be more singles/solo travelers.

Yes we'll definately have to stay in touch and meet up on the ship.

Sonya

Sonya,

I didn't know about the singles group booked on that sailing. Thats great to know that there will be a lot of singles there - and that they are over 40. YAY!!

So, it sounds like you are sharing your cabin with a friend, right? I decided to book my cabin for myself as I got spoiled not sharing a cabin on my last cruise 3 months ago on the Solstice. Have you been on a Solstice-class ship previously? I absolutely LOVE the Solstice and know that I will feel the same about the new Reflection. I am so happy to get that beverage package which includes the fresh-squeezed juice; when I was on the Solstice, they were charging $3.00 for a glass of fresh orange juice !!

Debbie

Sonya,

I didn't know about the singles group booked on that sailing. Thats great to know that there will be a lot of singles there - and that they are over 40. YAY!!

So, it sounds like you are sharing your cabin with a friend, right? I decided to book my cabin for myself as I got spoiled not sharing a cabin on my last cruise 3 months ago on the Solstice. Have you been on a Solstice-class ship previously? I absolutely LOVE the Solstice and know that I will feel the same about the new Reflection. I am so happy to get that beverage package which includes the fresh-squeezed juice; when I was on the Solstice, they were charging $3.00 for a glass of fresh orange juice !!

Debbie

I'm not sure yet as my friend is being hesitant to actually commit to the trip. I'm still thinking she may choose to book it but not certain. I'm at the point that I really want to go on a cruise and just may do it by myself even if she doesn't come around. I like the fact that I would have a cabin to myself but not liking the price. Did you get an inside room, oceanview or veranda? Just wondering what I should choose if going by myself. I like the idea of a veranda but not convinced the price is worth it for a single person. Oh well figure it just may be my 40th b-day present to myself if she doesn't go. Then I think I'm in trouble as I'll probably be hooked on cruising. Only problem is I would love to do the lawn grill but not excited about doing it by myself.

I'm not sure yet as my friend is being hesitant to actually commit to the trip. I'm still thinking she may choose to book it but not certain. I'm at the point that I really want to go on a cruise and just may do it by myself even if she doesn't come around. I like the fact that I would have a cabin to myself but not liking the price. Did you get an inside room, oceanview or veranda? Just wondering what I should choose if going by myself. I like the idea of a veranda but not convinced the price is worth it for a single person. Oh well figure it just may be my 40th b-day present to myself if she doesn't go. Then I think I'm in trouble as I'll probably be hooked on cruising. Only problem is I would love to do the lawn grill but not excited about doing it by myself.

Oh, you should absolutely book the cruise for yourself as your birthday gift to yourself. Treat yourself well! I have tired of trying to find someone to be my roomie on different cruises and getting constantly turned down that I just decided to go for it alone rather than stay home and have regrets... I have an oceanview cabin this time. I have always had a veranda cabin for many years but since I have to pay the single supplement I thought I better downgrade and - guess what - I did not miss the balcony at all ! I had a good-size picture window and I was just so comfortable being able to spread out - I filled the closet and had something in every drawer; and not sharing the bathroom is the best :-) You should really spoil yourself for your special birthday to remember. I'll be happy to accompany you for dinner at the Lawn Grill. I've never been one to spend extra on the alternative dining venues but I can do it this time since I have that $200 shipboard credit.

It sounds like this will be your first cruise, is that right? Oh my, you will most definitely be hooked, but thats okay. And you have chosen the one of the best cruiselines and ships - WOW.

BTW, I am quite a bit older than you. I will be 61 at that time, but I do look much younger (I have good genes).

Debbie

Oh, you should absolutely book the cruise for yourself as your birthday gift to yourself. Treat yourself well! I have tired of trying to find someone to be my roomie on different cruises and getting constantly turned down that I just decided to go for it alone rather than stay home and have regrets... I have an oceanview cabin this time. I have always had a veranda cabin for many years but since I have to pay the single supplement I thought I better downgrade and - guess what - I did not miss the balcony at all ! I had a good-size picture window and I was just so comfortable being able to spread out - I filled the closet and had something in every drawer; and not sharing the bathroom is the best :-) You should really spoil yourself for your special birthday to remember. I'll be happy to accompany you for dinner at the Lawn Grill. I've never been one to spend extra on the alternative dining venues but I can do it this time since I have that $200 shipboard credit.

It sounds like this will be your first cruise, is that right? Oh my, you will most definitely be hooked, but thats okay. And you have chosen the one of the best cruiselines and ships - WOW.

BTW, I am quite a bit older than you. I will be 61 at that time, but I do look much younger (I have good genes).

Debbie

Yeah, I will gladly take you up on the partner for the lawn grill. I don't eat much per sitting but grilling is one of the things I can't seem to resist. And after reading a recent review by JW I really want to try the lawn grill. I don't mind someone who is older as long as the heart is young. I also look younger so if you don't mine someone who my travel agent thought was in her 20's but more like 30's even though I'll just be 40 will be absolutely fine. I really need to treat myself and do something more exciting than my families place in FL.

Yeah, I will gladly take you up on the partner for the lawn grill. I don't eat much per sitting but grilling is one of the things I can't seem to resist. And after reading a recent review by JW I really want to try the lawn grill. I don't mind someone who is older as long as the heart is young. I also look younger so if you don't mine someone who my travel agent thought was in her 20's but more like 30's even though I'll just be 40 will be absolutely fine. I really need to treat myself and do something more exciting than my families place in FL.

Sonya,

Let me know when/if you book the cruise.

Debbie

Sonya,

Let me know when/if you book the cruise.

Debbie

I did go ahead and booked it last week. Didn't want to miss out on the promo and the good rates they had. If my friend changes her mind she is still listed but can always change that later on.

I did go ahead and booked it last week. Didn't want to miss out on the promo and the good rates they had. If my friend changes her mind she is still listed but can always change that later on.

Do you have a balcony? On what deck? I'm on Deck 3 (Plaza Deck).

Debbie

Do you have a balcony? On what deck? I'm on Deck 3 (Plaza Deck).

Debbie

Right now I think we are on Deck 12 since my friend wanted Aqua Class. But w/ her backing out for now I think I'm going to have the TA change it to a regular balcony so not sure where I'm going to end up. But going to stick w/ balcony for sure.

Ooh! Aqua Class! Big splurge. My sister is currently on the Solstice in Alaska in an Aqua Class cabin. Did you sign up for Traditional or Anytime Dining? I have the traditional early seating. I have always enjoyed sitting with the same people each night and establishing a rapport and friendship with them plus I like having the same waitstaff and getting to know them too. Also, I don't like eating late and prefer to go to bed at reasonably early time (10-11 p.m.) and would rather go to the show after dinner rather than before.

I requested the late seating but at this time they said it was closed but could open up again. I like spending time out in the sun and think the early seating would be pushing it to get ready. I tend to be a night owl so late seating doesn't bother me too much. Hope they reopen it. Yeah Aqua would have been a splurge. My friend liked the idea of Blu and the Persian Gardens since she can't tolerate the sun as much as I can. I gave in so she could enjoy the time as well. But not that I'm going w/ thinking of this as a solo trip there is no need for all the extras.

Debbie

You so made me laugh with this post. I have the same problem. I am 67 but no one believes it. My spirit is no where in the 50s or 60s.

So glad you guys are posting as I have never gone on a solo cruise but will probably do so after the one I'm doing on 9/29. After reading the results on here, I know I will be fine. Thx.

You so made me laugh with this post. I have the same problem. I am 67 but no one believes it. My spirit is no where in the 50s or 60s.

So glad you guys are posting as I have never gone on a solo cruise but will probably do so after the one I'm doing on 9/29. After reading the results on here, I know I will be fine. Thx.

Glad I made you laugh :-) Its a good "problem" to have, right? Hope you enjoy your first solo cruise in September and why don't you think about joining us next April on the Reflection? The more, the merrier.

Glad I made you laugh :-) Its a good "problem" to have, right? Hope you enjoy your first solo cruise in September and why don't you think about joining us next April on the Reflection? The more, the merrier.

Hi Crooz, it is a good problem or not. My cruise in September isn't solo. I hope to do one in 2014. Could you tell me more about the April cruise (dates, ports, etc.), so I can take a look and see what's what? Thanks for the invite.

Hi Crooz, it is a good problem or not. My cruise in September isn't solo. I hope to do one in 2014. Could you tell me more about the April cruise (dates, ports, etc.), so I can take a look and see what's what? Thanks for the invite.

Hi Peachie,

I'm booked on the new Celebrity Reflection April 5-12 departing from Miami to San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

Debbie