I have a ?

jcool

I would like to know if what I heard is true? someone told me if you get early saver that you can cancel if you have the carnival insurance and if you change the days you will not have to pay the $50 is that true or not?

This is what the policy says

Carnival's Cruise Vacation Protection Package of Benefits:

Carnival Cancellation Fee Waiver Program waives the non-refundable cancellation provision of your cruise Ticket Contract and pays you the value of the unused portion of your prepaid cruise vacation in the event that you or your traveling companion need to cancel your cruise vacation (for specified reasons). In addition, should you or your traveling companion need to cancel your cruise for "any other reason", you may be eligible for cruise credits up to 75% of the non-refundable, prepaid cruise vacation cost as long as the Cruise Vacation Protection is purchased prior to final payment. Brought to you by Carnival Cruise Lines*.

I see 2 different issues here.

If you paid for the trip insurance at the time of deposit and you outright cancel an ES booking there will be a $50pp penalty fee assessed and the remainder of your deposit is held as a future cruise credit good for 24 months. You could make a claim with Berkley Care for the $50. If your cruise fare is $400pp or less the transaction would end in a wash as the insurance is only $49. Higher priced cruise fares have higher premiums.

If you wish to move your sailing date and you are doing it at the same time as you are cancelling your original date, they will waive the $50 penalty. This is regardless of whether you have trip insurance or not.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Ok,

I buy a cruise and Carnival cruise insurance.

I need to change the date of my cruise.

How much does it cost me to do it?

Can I change to another ship?

Another ship for the same dates?

Does my travel insurance go to the new cruise or do I have to buy it again?

We had to change the date of our cruise because of our sons graduation date. We were told they would waive the $50 per person fee for us. When friends of ours called to change theirs for the same reason, they were changed the $50 per person. I guess it depends on who you talk to and how much they like you.

Malisa