Halifax Info?

Am sailing the Victory in early August. Any info on weather, excursions (booked with ship or otherwise) would be most helpful. Have heard about magnificent tides at Bay of Fundy. Is there a good site to check tide table to see if our arrival coincides with high tide? Thanks in advance

Cunard Princess 1986

Carnival Fascination 4/5/04

Carnival Victory 8/5/04

Only thing I can help you with is that the weather should be rather nice. Not too hot, but definetly not cold. According to the average temp chart, it should be high 70's in August in Halifax.

We are going there in October and plan to check out the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic (Titanic exhibits) and a few other things.

I have been warned to not book with the ship - its much more expensive and I would assume its a bit confining if you dont want to do exactly what the group does. But others say that they prefer it b/c all the tranportation is all taken care of.

Many things are within walking distance in Halifax though, so I'm not very worried about transportation.

Have a great cruise!

Carnival Victory, here I come!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I found the tide tables on the tourismsaintjohn web site (I think that was the name of it). Go to attractions , bay of Fundy & there is a little line (link) somewhere on that page that says "tide tables".

mirrajay, cgc33a, beachgirl55

Thanks for the info. Probably right not to book with ship if everything is in walking distance in Halifax. As for Bay of Fundy, isn't it the change in the tides of up to 60' that is the attraction? Don't know. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Cunard Princess 1986

Carnival Fascination 4/5/04

Carnival Victory 8/5/04

Hi folks,a word of caution,don't stay on the shore too long when the tide comes in on the bay of Fundy,it comes in fast and you can get trapped there.I live in Halifax and we are planning our first cruise for April....a long wait.

In Halifax there are lots of thing's to do,that can be done on foot.One place I love to go is Peggy's Cove,to me it would be well worth the bus ride.Oh don't forget to take the harbour hopper on the waterfront,lots of fun and history.I love to go to the water front and play tourist,soo many thing's to see.I especially love the different kinds of music.Come see my city and enjoy..... :-)

Archived