St John Tour question...

We're about to book a tour with Freedom Tours, and I'm wondering if this seems like a pretty good list of things to see... the price seems good, about $40 each, US. We could do it all ourselves by renting a car, but we're probably enver get to all of it.
[url="http://www.freedomtours.com/custom_pkg_ind.html"]http://www.freedomtours.com/custom_pkg_ind.html[/url]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Tour 2: From the Fundy Coast to the Fundy Shore

Duration: 5 Hours This tour begins with a short drive to Reversing Falls, where you will see the Falls at one level in their cycle. Witness the power of the Bay of Fundy tide overcoming the natural flow of the St. John River, or behaving as a river should, flowing into the sea over the Falls. Next, visit the scenic lookout, Fort Howe, for an overview of the city and its harbour. Our journey then continues to the quaint fishing village of St Martins, just an hour’s drive from Saint John. Explore the historic fishing village famous for its natural harbour, red cliffs, echoing sea–caves (at low tide), hiking, and birdwatching. Capture the romance of two covered bridges from various camera angles. Witness the effects of the extreme high and low tides of the Bay of Fundy. .

After lunch, we tour the Fundy Eco-Trail, which encompasses 14 miles of spectacular shoreline. Travel back to Saint John to see popular city attractions, including King’s Square and the Trinity Royal Historic Properties. Next we return to Reversing Falls to view them in “reverse mode”. We finish our tour with a visit to the Old City Market, giving you some leisure time to stroll and shop in Uptown Saint John or should you wish, we can deliver you back to the ship. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too many days since the Legend (10/03)
Looking forward to Victory...6/04!!!

That's pretty comprehensive, and a good buy. It doesn't say whether it includes lunch, so take some spending stuff. There's some great scenery, so take your camera. The smells are so good at the market you'll want to buy something. (Try the dulse) I like the idea of two visits to Reversing Falls to see them in two stages. Sounds like a good trip. Enjoy.

Island Princess Feb. 2004
Grand Princess Feb. 2002
Norwegian Sky Feb. 2001

I took this tour LAST WEEK. (VoyagerOTS out of New York). Don't bother. It's a city bus that goes out to the reversing falls which are in front of a pulp factory and besides being VERY poluted (the guide felt it necessary to apologize) they are unremarkable. Market and the rest of the city is a 3 minute walk from the ship. The people of St. John, God bless them, are anxious to have tourists but have very little to offer. DRESS WARMLY. REALLY. REALLY. You can rent a taxi by the hour to go out to the falls and save $$ if there 2 - 3 of you.

Hi,

I actually took the tour with Freedom Tours las t week. My family highly enjoyed it. It was fun and it was nice to have the personal tour. We went in our own van and were extremly comfortable . But it was totally freezing

The weather seems to be looking up a little, but we used to live in Maine so we're prepared for whatever it brings (besides snow, lol).

I am quite curious to hear more about this, are we all talking about the 5 hour trip?

yes, we did the five hour tour. The company had a guide right at the dock for us and off we went. The weather was really cold that day but the van was toasty warm. The guide was infomrative and really funny as they gave us a background on Saint John. It is an older city but rich in history. We ask for specific spots to take pictures and they were very accommodating . We had a gentleman named mark and he was very good. We were back by 1:45 ship time and my kids certainly enjoyed it

Thanks, it's interesting to hear two such different opinions!

How about St. Martin's? Anything to do there, or any thoughts on stops for lunch?

Well, I see rain too, but the days I will be there aren't on the forecast (which always changes anyway). I meant that the temps appear to be heading upwards, towards the mid 60's, at least.

The weather is getting better everyday. I was in SJ last weekend and it was over 20Celcius (can't remember what that is F but it's warm.)I live in Fredericton which is just 1 1/2 hours up river.
If you go to St. Martin's, look for a couple of resturants that serve Lobster Rolls or Chowder. (you can get these at the city Market as well. ) Check out the caves....they are amazing. We Maritimers are sooo happy that you cruisers are coming to our part of the country that we really try to put on a good show. Enjoy!!

Anyone predicting the weather that far ahead in the Maritimes simply has no idea what it's going to do. Weather patterns in this area can change at any time, so a prediction of rain on the 15th could mean anything from real rain, to showers, to absolutely wonderful sunny and warm weather. Even the official forecasts can't get much accuracy more than 48 hours in advance.

Island Princess Feb. 2004
Grand Princess Feb. 2002
Norwegian Sky Feb. 2001

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
[quote name='winkelmann']tlynnie - did you end up taking the tour with Freedom Tours? We're interested to know how it was. We're considering them for October.[/QUOTE]

Bumping this up.

I am also interested in this Freedom Tour for Oct 8 cruise. Any recent feedback?

Archived