Voyager Bayonne

My Mom just called me from the Voyager -they just finished loading luggage and have just left the pier-3 hours late.

She said boarding was a breeze, they boarded at 12:00 no lines no problem.

I think being its a new pier they are just getting used to the process of loading 3000 passengers luggage, cannot be an easy job.

They are on their way and will be going to Labadee

I am glad to hear your Mom boarded okay. We disembarked the VOS this morning and it was pretty bad! I felt bad for the passengers getting on as we were onboard until past 11, and I am sure they were getting ansy!

Voyager of the Seas - 05/04

Tahitian Princess - 10/03 (Our Honeymoon)

Carnival Paradise - 08/02

Karen_cpa

She is a little worried about the luggage situation as its been 8 hours since they boarded and still no luggage has been delivered to the cabin. Its a full ship, they are Crown and Anchor (platinum status??--they've been on 60+ RCCL cruises) and always get upgraded at the pier-----not this time

They really don't care, they love cruising and would be happy just floating around in the middle of nowhere

We arrived at 12:00 and didn't get our luggage until 10:00pm. Tell her not to worry, it will be there eventually. icon_frown.gif

Adventure of the Seas 2-03

Enchantment of the Seas 3-03

Majesty of the Seas 5-03

Adventure of the Seas 9-03

Sovereign of the Seas 11-03

Sovereign of the Seas 1-04

Grandeur of the Seas 3-04

Voyager of the Seas 5-04

My albums can be viewed with this link...

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/

Does anyone know what time is the earliest you can board for the 9 night cruise? How about what time you can get into the parking area? This will be the first time we have driven to the port and I want to be as early as I can, but not have to wait in line, etc. Thank you, Karen

According to my recently received cruise documents, the nine-night cruise boarding begins at 1:00 p.m., with the ship sailing at 5:00 p.m. The documents ask that we not arrive before 1:00 p.m.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JordanF:

According to my recently received cruise documents, the nine-night cruise boarding begins at 1:00 p.m., with the ship sailing at 5:00 p.m. The documents ask that we not arrive before 1:00 p.m.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that sounds about right. anything before then and you will arrive right in the middle of disembarking passengers. people from the 5/16 cruise were disembarking until well past noon. it was a nightmare trying to get out of the parking lot - people coming in & out, loading and unloading, taxis with no patience! yuck!!

Plus . . . An Open Booking with Princess!!

so let me get this straight. the boarding is not great, the disembarking is'nt great, the luggage coming to your room within a reasonable amount of time is'nt great and leaving the parking lot is'nt great. so, what's so great about the new location in new jersey. not knocking it, but no one has many positives about it and i really like royal caribbean. again not trying to knock it just trying to understand it.

O.A.T.C.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;8;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till the "Brillance of the Sea"

seajay - for us embarkation was a breeze! i think our luggage was in our room by 7 or so - can't remember the exact time. disembarkation was god-awful, but i blame the inconsiderate few who do not know how to follow instructions. all it takes is one person not showing up at immigration to hold up an entire ship from clearing. good luck tracking them down on a boat of that size once they are out of their room - sorry, off my tangent now icon_smile.gif

for us the biggest positive is the distance - one hour from door to door. even the NYC pier can't match that!! plus plenty of reasonable parking!

just my thoughts!

Plus . . . An Open Booking with Princess!!

karen, thanks for the quick reply. glad to hear the positive comments. i agree with you on the inconsiderate few who hold everyone up no matter what ship you're on and no matter what port. one hour sure beats flying 4-5. looking forward to finding a cruise and booking it out of bayonne. thanks.

O.A.T.C.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;8;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till the "Brillance of the Sea"

Karen, When do you go through immigration? We have a late flight and it certainly wouldn't make sense for us to be off earlier than others. If they are calling by deck number--that makes no sense at all. I would take a leisurely breakfast and wait in a lounge, rather than get stuck in a stairwell. Couldn't we let the main mass of people off before us?

Archived