Hotwire 3*

mdmomof7

After looking over the hotels listed for Hotwire, the two 3*s are Holiday Inn Miami International and Holiday Inn Airport West - Doral. By their descriptions, I think the one Hotwire is offering for mid January is the Miami International Airport. Anyone know any info on either, but more specifically, the HI Miami International?

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/MIAIA/welcome

The HIMIA advertises a FREE scheduled shuttle to the cruise port. That means we could drop off our rental cars at the airport, use the hotel's complimentary airport shuttle to come back to the hotel and then go from the hotel to the port on their scheduled shuttle. I think I'll like this and can live w/ not being in a better hotel for one night pre cruise. :rolleyes:

I assume that you are looking for a room on the 18th? When I punch in that date on Hotwire...the 3* includes a business center. Which according to betterbidding, the HIMIA does not have. When you look at the HIMIA website...they do advertise some business services though. :confused:

But according to betterbidding...the amenties match the HI Doral (West). Let us know what you get.

After looking over the hotels listed for Hotwire, the two 3*s are Holiday Inn Miami International and Holiday Inn Airport West - Doral. By their descriptions, I think the one Hotwire is offering for mid January is the Miami International Airport. Anyone know any info on either, but more specifically, the HI Miami International?

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/MIAIA/welcome

The HIMIA advertises a FREE scheduled shuttle to the cruise port. That means we could drop off our rental cars at the airport, use the hotel's complimentary airport shuttle to come back to the hotel and then go from the hotel to the port on their scheduled shuttle. I think I'll like this and can live w/ not being in a better hotel for one night pre cruise. :rolleyes:

momof7, don't plan on either of those hotels being the three star you are looking at because things happen all the time to change that. A hotel could lose or gain a half star rating, another hotel could start participating in hotwire, or one who hasn't had inventory has suddenly opened up and now has rooms.

I'm not saying that they will not be just don't assume they will be.

Thanks! I just don't see deals for the nicer hotels and we need at least 2 rooms and three would be better. I want the best price I can find. You guys are right, who knows what I'll get w/ that business center thrown in and the International's vague description.

Thanks!

Dahna

Be careful when assuming you will get a comfortable and timely ride to the port with such large group. Haven't used free shuttle service, but have read that some posters were delayed or their groups separated. You might be better off taking cabs. It's not expensive and you'll be able to plan and know when you'll be arriving and can stay together. Easier than expecting to make it on a small shuttle which has a scheduled run. Just a thought when you're choosing you hotel.

I think what we will do is use the rental cars and find a rental agency whose drop off is as close to the pier as possible. (Is that Dollar, Thrifty or Avis?) I can see us dropping off the majority of the group at the pier and then the two drivers go back and drop off the vehicles and get a taxi or shuttle that the agency provides to the pier. I'm hearing varying things about the shuttles from the agencies to the pier. Some say Dollar does do it and some say it doesn't?

Thanks for the help!

I just booked on Hotwire for and got the Holiday Inn Miami

Aiport West - Doral Area for March 14th for $59 plus tax. We are flying into FLL and don't get in until 9:00 pm so we just basically need a place to sleep and go to the pier in the morning.

Is this an OK hotel?? I hope so, since it's a done deal.

Booked the HIIMA for $69.00 for President's week on hotwire a few months ago. With a large group- the free shuttles are worth it plus kids eat free. It does not look like a great place, but for one night who cares. The price is right!

Archived