Vantage Grand European Cologne to Bucharest any helpful hints ?

We are going on Oct' date=' 17 any helpful hints? Which tours to do in Rudesheim, Passau, Vienna, Wurzburg, Budapest, Belgrade, How did you do laundry? THANKS Gail and Marty{ any one else joining us? lets share some thoughts } gmwg@juno.com

We have not cruised this one, but lived in Germany for four years and have been to all these places except South of Budapest. Make sure you take the excursion to Rothenberg on the Tauber in southern Germany. It is a Medieval walled city intact. Also, if you have a chance to go to Salzburg, Austria, do so.

We did a Vantage cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam and loved it. I agree about Rothenburg- Go to the St. Jacob's cathedral and see the beautiful hand carved altar piece upstairs. Then walk up the street for lunch at a tree shaded outdoor restaurant. The story and pictures are on our website

We did a Vantage cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam and loved it. I agree about Rothenburg- Go to the St. Jacob's cathedral and see the beautiful hand carved altar piece upstairs. Then walk up the street for lunch at a tree shaded outdoor restaurant. The story and pictures are on our website

The link is damaged is what I get when I click on the URL.

When I click on the link, I receive the message that the link is broken.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are sailing on the 8/15 Cologne to Budapest cruise. We have used Vantage before and have been very satisfied especially with their tour directors. We noted that our return trip routed us through Munich and we contacted Vantage asking if we could take a delay in route in Munich which they quickly arranged for us at minimal cost. My wife and I met in Munich 50 years ago so this is a treat for us to spend a few days visiting an area that has fond memories for us.

We are going on Oct' date=' 17 any helpful hints? Which tours to do in Rudesheim, Passau, Vienna, Wurzburg, Budapest, Belgrade, How did you do laundry? THANKS Gail and Marty{ any one else joining us? lets share some thoughts } gmwg@juno.com

Hi

I posted below remarks a while back about Budapest to Black Sea. We have also taken Vantage Amsterdam to Budapest cruise. As for laundry, you can either wash out clothes in the sink or use Vantage service. Liz took included Rothenburg tour and I took Wurzburg tour and both were enjoyable. Passau walking tour guide wore a dirndl dress and was funny.

Our next Vantage trip is China, Oct 18,2014

Hi

Liz and I took this cruise as our 1st Vantage trip in 04 and enjoyed it very much. Bucharest was a little depressing. The "Peoples Palace" tour is something that I would skip--unless you want to see a monstrosity monument to Ceausescu. Vantage has added stops in Slovakia and Croatia since 04, so I can't comment on those. I spent 2 months in Bulgaria in 93 as a SAM(Sanctions Assistance Monitor) and I enjoyed visiting places where I had previously worked. Veliko Turnovo is the ancient capital of Bulgaria and worth visiting. There was a side trip to Belogradchik--ancient fortress --and has rocks reminiscent of Garden of the Gods in Colorado.

Tom:)

• 2 months later...

Hi fellow cruisers. We are also on the Oct Vantage Grand European cruise. First Vantage trip and have only done 1 short river cruise in China. But we are big cruisers (big ships).

Looking forward to this one. Right now the flooding in Europe is worrisome. Friends are doing a river cruise in July and wondering what will happen. Hope things are better come fall. We live in central Florida (Leesburg). Thanks to those who have given advice from previous trips. Always appreciated.

Hi fellow cruisers. We are also on the Oct Vantage Grand European cruise. First Vantage trip and have only done 1 short river cruise in China. But we are big cruisers (big ships).

Looking forward to this one. Right now the flooding in Europe is worrisome. Friends are doing a river cruise in July and wondering what will happen. Hope things are better come fall. We live in central Florida (Leesburg). Thanks to those who have given advice from previous trips. Always appreciated.

Hi, That is great, We did Tulips and Windmills last year with vantage we can't wait for this one 27 days should be great .

If you want to chat our E mail is gmwg@juno.com

Archived