Norwegian Jade experts - Tell me what you know.

papcx

Does the Promenade outside on deck 7 go all the way around the ship or do you have to double back anywhere ?

All the way around, no jogging though due to cabins below. Jogging track is up on deck.

We get off the Jade in Barcelona on October 15, 2016 and her next cruise is her TA on Oct 29, so refit should be then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you know? I can't find a dry dock schedule for Jade at all. She was just refurbed in 2011, that seems rather soon to do another?

Edited by Bluefox

How do you know? I can't find a dry dock schedule for Jade at all. She was just refurbed in 2011, that seems rather soon to do another?

We will be sailing on her in January 2017. Our travel agent said the Jade will be under going a complete reburb in October 2016 and it will be like a brand new ship! :cool:

We will be sailing on her in January 2017. Our travel agent said the Jade will be under going a complete reburb in October 2016 and it will be like a brand new ship! :cool:

While she will go to scheduled every-5-years drydock visit, I'd say that calling her "like a brand new ship" is a gross overstatement.

Sure, they will update some surfaces (carpeting, upholstery) in public areas etc, but it is still just regular maintenance and the biggest things while in drydock happen in hidden mechanical spaces.

For example cabins are maintained continuously anyway (by fixing broken things and replacing carpets as needed) so they won't be changing.

There will not be any major changes visible to passengers except for moving the Moderno to deck 13, upgrading and expanding Blue Lagoon to O'Sheehan's and changing the theme of Star Bar to a mojito bar.

I've sailed on her four times and can't say that anything was drastically different after the last regular drydock - NCL does good job with the continuous maintenance on their ships.

We are on the Jade sept 5 , is the Grand Pacific MDR open for lunch on embarkation day? Always think the buffets are so chaotic.

Yes, on all NCL ships one MDR is open for lunch on embarkation day and all sea days. On all Jewel class ships it's usually the aft MDR, as it has been on Jade.

My responses may differ but as someone here correctly stated: everyone is different.

We were on Deck 11 in the Amethyst Penthouse Suite.....11512. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, living area and coffee bar/dining area with balcony. It was incredibly convenient as it was quite near to the front elevators and staircase. Inside the suite, it was silent. at times, I could have closed my eyes and I would have thought there was no one around us for miles.

Our butler and suite steward had snacks and sweets in the suite every afternoon at 4pm-ish. It varied but it was always scrumptious: petit fours, sandwiches, fruit, fresh breads and cake. Too many items to list but always a 'main' item and a dessert item.......two large plates.

There are some who may be bothere by this but it did not bother us: the suite is directly below the fitness center........read: people pounding the treadmills. The hours of the fitness center are arranged so that we never found it a problem, it never disturbed us, never kept us from falling asleep or caused us to be awakened. some nights, the kis would be watching movies and they would hear the treadmills, but it really was not a problem. Heck! you are in a gorgeous suite in the middle of somewhere. We decided it was not an issue. And i did know about the fitness center being right above us when we booked. A review by a previous occupant said that the perks of being in a suite far outweighed any minor noise from the treadmills. He was correct!

The tub in the suite is TDF! Huge window, deep tub. fabulous. The shower has a rainforest shower head and is just as amazing. Huge window there as well. It is an experience to be bathing and showering and looking out at nothing but sea. CLOSE THE SHADES IF YOU ARE IN PORT!

Ample closet space. Meh drawer space, but use the cabinets above and below the tv in the master bedroom and you will be fine.

That is all i have time to write now -- if you have any questions, please ask me.

Oh, wait: Restaurants: Loved LeBistro, Cagney's. went there often. Used the Garden Caffe for snacks when we were relaxing on deck. Went to Grand Pacific once with friends.......very, very, noisy. plates clattering, etc. it is just the acoustics of thee room design. Food was good. Wait staff delightful.

Liked Alizar. Very much.

Moderno: NCL needs to revamp this concept. the way it is at present, it does not work. we sat and waited 15-20 minutes between selections being brought out. It needs to be run more like teppanyaki --- which was fine, but nothing to write home about.

That's all for now.:)

Does anyone know if it's called white hot party or the glow party on the jade? Last summer on the getaway it was now called glow party, just curious so I can pack accordingly :)

White Hot according to the pamphlet they emailed me earlier this week. :)

• 2 weeks later...

HI All,

we're off on the Jade in 16days, what is the general consensus on the drinks package. we have never cruised before, but do enjoy a drink.

Can I get bottles of Bud (as prices are in $, not sure how expensive drinks are on ship), and does it cover tea/coffee?

thanks in advance.

Allan

HI All,

we're off on the Jade in 16days, what is the general consensus on the drinks package. we have never cruised before, but do enjoy a drink.

Can I get bottles of Bud (as prices are in $, not sure how expensive drinks are on ship), and does it cover tea/coffee?

Alcoholic drinks are generally $6-10 each so if you consume approx 6-8 drinks a day, the drink package is worth it. Yes, almost any alcoholic drink onboard is covered, sans ultra premium liquors. Coffee and tea are complimentary (speciality coffees are extra).

Here are the exact T&C of UBP: http://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

Edited by Demonyte

HI All,

thanks in advance.

Allan

If you only drink beer then you will need to drink 12 or so per day every day to come out in front - the buckets of beer (6 for the price of 5) might be a better bet. If you drink cocktails, spirits etc. then the breakeven point is roughly 8 per day. As already posted above, speciality coffees are not included.

If you only drink beer then you will need to drink 12 or so per day every day to come out in front...

Individual beers are $5.75 and up so assuming one drinks nothing but cheapest beers, the breakeven point is at 10 beers (actually at 9.39 beers but one needs to purchase the 10th to get the 0.39 beers ;)).

Edited by Demonyte

Cheers .

One last question (he says hopefully), can you buy the drinks package on a daily basis, or got to have it for the whole time ?,

as just saw copy of one of the Jade Dailies, and it mentions asking bar staff about the packeage so assuming I can get it on board, but it won't be a the discounted price.

Cheers .

One last question (he says hopefully), can you buy the drinks package on a daily basis, or got to have it for the whole time ?,

as just saw copy of one of the Jade Dailies, and it mentions asking bar staff about the packeage so assuming I can get it on board, but it won't be a the discounted price.

From the T&C linked above:

"Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise."

Outside spring break period (March 1 - April 15) you can also purchase the package onboard on second day of the cruise (not paying for the first day) but that is the only exception.

We were on Deck 11 in the Amethyst Penthouse Suite.....11512.

The tub in the suite is TDF! Huge window, deep tub. fabulous. The shower has a rainforest shower head and is just as amazing. Huge window there as well. It is an experience to be bathing and showering and looking out at nothing but sea. CLOSE THE SHADES IF YOU ARE IN PORT!

We were really hoping for one of those two-bedroom suites on our cruise in November, but it was a bit beyond our budget, so we went with a mini-suite just down the hall. Judging by the videos I've seen posted, I am absolutely in love with the tubs and showers in the SC and dying to actually see them in person. I'm trying to decide if it would be totally creepy to ask one of my neighbors if I can check out their bathroom. :eek:

We were really hoping for one of those two-bedroom suites on our cruise in November, but it was a bit beyond our budget, so we went with a mini-suite just down the hall. Judging by the videos I've seen posted, I am absolutely in love with the tubs and showers in the SC and dying to actually see them in person. I'm trying to decide if it would be totally creepy to ask one of my neighbors if I can check out their bathroom. :eek:

Not if you are the cabin crawl organizer for your meet and greet.

I have heard that the main pool is adults only, is that true? I thought there was a separate kids pool, but just saw a picture of the kiddie pool on the Jewel and it literally looks like something you would put in your back yard. :( Is that really the only place for kids to swim? :eek: What about the water slides?

I think you're on our cruise- we are in one of the 2 bedrooms :) go to the meet and greet- maybe we can get OhioGirl to show us the 3 bedroom!

I have heard that the main pool is adults only, is that true? I thought there was a separate kids pool, but just saw a picture of the kiddie pool on the Jewel and it literally looks like something you would put in your back yard. :( Is that really the only place for kids to swim? :eek: What about the water slides?

If the layout is the same as the Pearl and Jewel,there are two pools. One has a small water slide near it. I believe kids are allowed in that pool but not the other.