Jewel in Houston

LAWTONCRUISE

I just posted a mini-review of Trujillo (including Victor Bodden's Lagoon & Mangrove boat tour) in the Trujillo thread. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have! We are Okies, too - Tulsa area.

Thanks. Read your review on the other tread. Very nicely done. Looking forward to a new port. Do you think the tour is worth the time and money?

Thanks. Read your review on the other tread. Very nicely done. Looking forward to a new port. Do you think the tour is worth the time and money?

This is a hard question to answer. Although many things about this tour were not to our liking, we had one amazing moment - on our trip through the bay, a dolphin jumped right next to our boat, and we were able to see several more a few yards away. We got some great pictures! So, that made the excursion worth it for us.. but a lot of that was just being in the right place at the right time. Without the dolphins, we would not have thought it was worth it.

BUT... as I said in the other review, I fully anticipate that things will improve rapidly as all of Trujillo, and Victor specifically, gets more prepared for the influx of tourists. For instance, we were bothered that there were not enough life jackets on the boat, but it turns out, that was just a miscommunication among Victor's employees - they had plenty of life jackets in their kiosk, they just did not get delivered to the boat. So that won't be an issue at all for future customers. I'm not sure exactly when you are travelling? If you have time, I'd wait 3 or 4 weeks, and then ask Victor some questions about the current situation on the excursion - What kind of boat is being used? What is the loading/unloading process like? (we had to take off our shoes and wade out into the ocean to hop in & out - fine for us, but challenging for others). Will there be an English-speaking guide? Will there be opportunities to get a close look at the wildlife near the shore? (the vast majority of our trip was right in the middle of a very wide lagoon, so without binoculars or a camera with a zoom lens, it was impossible to see anything of interest).

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...