Little Divi beach

jsf

I wouldn't say there was anything special about it, but it's close to port and just on the other side of Great Bay (10 minute taxi ride). Lounger/umbrella rental available ($5.00 per lounger; $5.00 per umbrella). It's a resort so food/beverage are available for purchase and there are very nice (and clean) restrooms. There is a snorkeling area and jets skis are available for rent. There were other people there but it wasn't crowded. We just got a taxi from port (think it's $10.00 a cab, each way). We enjoyed it there and wouldn't mind going back. We got drinks (ours were strong) but didn't purchase anything to eat. For transportation back, you can arrange with the driver who takes you or you can get a cab out front. We got a cab out front. If none happen to be out there, the people at the front desk will call one for you.

I did a review after our cruise that includes a lot of pictures of Divi Little Bay. I copied the link to where the section/pictures of Divi Little Bay start, so hopefully it will work. If not, it's page 29 of the review and Divi Little Bay pictures start on post #575.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573&page=29

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Little Divi beach looks nice in any pictures I've seen (including yours), it's close to the port and seems to offer food and amenities/rentals. I'm trying to figure out why it isn't more popular? Is it just because it's not 'as beautiful' as other beaches?

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Positives for us :

Close to port

Clean bathrooms

Snorkeling

Rentals

Small grocery type store to buy cheap snacks

Chairs not too expensive.

Negatives. Not for us but some complain that it is not that pure white sand you think of.

I didn't have any negatives. We were just there two weeks ago. You can find the record in my signature. It is the breeze cruise

Taxi was 6 per person

I think it's just not well know because it's mainly time share people.

We probably need to think about keeping Divi Little Bay a secret, I'd love to come back here and loved that it wasn't packed. :D

I'm in the middle of reading your review and really enjoying. Hope to catch up with more later.

I think the pros are that there are water sports available and very nice washrooms and a taxi stand. I only have one con and that's the quality of the sand. It's just not even close to some of the other beaches.

What is meant by the quality of the sand? Is it rocky / shelly? Not as white? Just trying to determine if this is a big issue. "Bad thing" for us is we'll be at St Thomas the day before where we'll be at either Coki or Magens, and both seem like beautiful beaches, so would we be disappointed with Little Divi?

The only other beach I see an alternative with similar features and amenities is Mullet, but my concern is the lack of a washroom (which is a big deal when coming with kids...well, and me too)

Edited by LuCruise

What is meant by the quality of the sand? Is it rocky / shelly? Not as white? Just trying to determine if this is a big issue. "Bad thing" for us is we'll be at St Thomas the day before where we'll be at either Coki or Magens, and both seem like beautiful beaches, so would we be disappointed with Little Divi?

The only other beach I see an alternative with similar features and amenities is Mullet, but my concern is the lack of a washroom (which is a big deal when coming with kids...well, and me too)

The sand in the main beach area was soft. Same with the sand in the water. It just isn't that pristine white sand you see in pictures of the Caribbean. That is my opinion. THe original poster may have something else to say

The sand in the main beach area was soft. Same with the sand in the water. It just isn't that pristine white sand you see in pictures of the Caribbean. That is my opinion. THe original poster may have something else to say

Thanks for the feedback...and for your great review.

The beach still looks like a great option and having sand not as white as other spots is a great compromise with everything else it offers. It's nice too to have it so close to the port, and (if I'm not mistaken), it's easy to mix with a day of shopping.

I found the sand at Coki and Maegans and Mullet, finer and softer and I don't know if fluffier or deeper would be the other word. :)

If the quality of sand is really important to you then ya you might be disappointed but the water sports options, snorkeling and clean restaurant and washrooms plus the fact that getting a taxi is easy and it's a quick inexpensive taxi ride to and from the port might be enough to over look that.

Edited by Karysa

I found the sand at Coki and Maegans and Mullet, finer and softer and I don't know if fluffier or deeper would be the other word. :)

If the quality of sand is really important to you then ya you might be disappointed but the water sports options, snorkeling and clean restaurant and washrooms plus the fact that getting a taxi is easy and it's a quick inexpensive taxi ride to and from the port might be enough to over look that.

Thanks Karysa. I kind of wish we were going to St Marten before St Thomas. ;) The beach still seems to have many pros. We're coming with kids so washroom and facilities/amenities are important, plus just a more laid back day with it being near port may outweigh the sand.

PS - I put in another post since we're still deciding between Little Divi Beach and Bernards Tour)

Thanks Karysa. I kind of wish we were going to St Marten before St Thomas. ;) The beach still seems to have many pros. We're coming with kids so washroom and facilities/amenities are important, plus just a more laid back day with it being near port may outweigh the sand.

PS - I put in another post since we're still deciding between Little Divi Beach and Bernards Tour)

I agree there are many pros. It's not harsh sand by any stretch so don't worry about that. It's just that compared to many beaches on the island the quality of sand on this one just doesn't stack up. It seems like an all over good choice for your family from reading your posts.

Edited by Karysa

On a thread Divi Little bay vs Mullet by vanrrr Gary posted pictures side by side of Little Bay (left) and Mullet (right). I think by looking at those you will see what I mean when I try and explain the differences between the sand at these two beaches.

On a thread Divi Little bay vs Mullet by vanrrr Gary posted pictures side by side of Little Bay (left) and Mullet (right). I think by looking at those you will see what I mean when I try and explain the differences between the sand at these two beaches.

Thanks Karysa. I see the pictures you mean. Mullet sand looks soft and fluffy. Little Divi looks coarser, denser and darker. So I can get what you mean.

If Mullet has washrooms then we would consider going there. :(

But, if we end up with Bernard's Tours, then it'll be Orient for us. That beach looks pretty too, but rougher than I would pick myself when coming with kids.

Thanks Karysa. I see the pictures you mean. Mullet sand looks soft and fluffy. Little Divi looks coarser, denser and darker. So I can get what you mean.

If Mullet has washrooms then we would consider going there. :(

But, if we end up with Bernard's Tours, then it'll be Orient for us. That beach looks pretty too, but rougher than I would pick myself when coming with kids.

Have a fun day where ever you happen to end up! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I did a review after our cruise that includes a lot of pictures of Divi Little Bay. I copied the link to where the section/pictures of Divi Little Bay start, so hopefully it will work. If not, it's page 29 of the review and Divi Little Bay pictures start on post #575.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573&page=29

I just wanted to thank you for pointing us to all of these pictures! As someone bringing children, it is so much better to feel informed about our options. I really appreciate it!

I just wanted to thank you for pointing us to all of these pictures! As someone bringing children, it is so much better to feel informed about our options. I really appreciate it!

I'm so glad this was helpful to you. We ended up there just wanting a nice beach that was close to port and a taxi driver actually recommended it. We decided to try it out based on his description and without ever seeing any pictures of it. We were very pleasantly surprised. I'm a "visual" person, so I really appreciate seeing pictures in addition to descriptions when I'm researching an area. :)

I'm so glad this was helpful to you. We ended up there just wanting a nice beach that was close to port and a taxi driver actually recommended it. We decided to try it out based on his description and without ever seeing any pictures of it. We were very pleasantly surprised. I'm a "visual" person, so I really appreciate seeing pictures in addition to descriptions when I'm researching an area. :)

Hello pghsteelerfan, I also want to say thanks for the beautiful pictures of Little Divi! They really helped us with our planning. Quick question for you. Do you remember if the bar/restaurant area had wifi available? Our 15 yr. old daughter will probably be having Instagram/Snapchat withdraws by the time we dock in St. Maarten. Looking for somewhere she can catch up back home while we lounge at the beach. Thanks in advance.

Edited by mudd77

Hello pghsteelerfan, I also want to say thanks for the beautiful pictures of Little Divi! They really helped us with our planning. Quick question for you. Do you remember if the bar/restaurant area had wifi available? Our 15 yr. old daughter will probably be having Instagram/Snapchat withdraws by the time we dock in St. Maarten. Looking for somewhere she can catch up back home while we lounge at the beach. Thanks in advance.

Thank you and I'm happy that the pictures were helpful to you in planning. I'm sorry, but I can only partially answer your question about the wifi. Through quick internet search, I was able to confirm that it's available and included for guests actually staying at the resort, but don't know if there is an extra charge for people visiting for the day or if it's free. We had our phones with us, but due to international roaming charges, we kept them on "airplane" mode for most of our cruise and only used them for pictures.

Hoping someone else can confirm if there is a charge for day guests or not.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

We've been deciding what to do in St Maarten. I finally got my DH to sit down for 10 minutes to listen to our options and we decided to go to Little Divi. We like that it is near port and has everything we need. We'll probably go there for a few hours and mix in some local shopping.

Thanks as well for posting the pictures.

We've been deciding what to do in St Maarten. I finally got my DH to sit down for 10 minutes to listen to our options and we decided to go to Little Divi. We like that it is near port and has everything we need. We'll probably go there for a few hours and mix in some local shopping.

Thanks as well for posting the pictures.

I really think you'll have a nice time. For what your plans are, it should be perfect because that is exactly what we did and it was just a nice, relaxing and enjoyable day. So glad the pictures were helpful. :)

I really think you'll have a nice time. For what your plans are, it should be perfect because that is exactly what we did and it was just a nice, relaxing and enjoyable day. So glad the pictures were helpful. :)

Thanks so much. Will report back.

I would have never heard of Little Divi if it wasn't for cruise critic and others sharing their day.