East Indian Food near the port? and what's in walking distance?

courtneyMC

Hello,

we dock in Philipsburg on RCCL Freedom, I don't know if there's more than one pier? is there much within walking distance of the pier?

We'd like to get East Indian food while we're there. Is there any place that's good, especially within walking distance? if not, how easy is a taxi?

thanks!

Hello,

we dock in Philipsburg on RCCL Freedom, I don't know if there's more than one pier? is there much within walking distance of the pier?

We'd like to get East Indian food while we're there. Is there any place that's good, especially within walking distance? if not, how easy is a taxi?

thanks!

There used to be Shiv Shakti or something like that :) . They had 2 one on Front St in Philipsburg and one in Simpson Bay but that location only opens for dinner. I don't see reviews for the Philipsburg one anymore so perhaps it's no longer open. I know that the crew from the ships would patronize it a lot so if I was looking for Indian food in a port I would think that they may be a good resource.

Edited by Karysa

• 2 weeks later...
There used to be Shiv Shakti or something like that :) . They had 2 one on Front St in Philipsburg and one in Simpson Bay but that location only opens for dinner. I don't see reviews for the Philipsburg one anymore so perhaps it's no longer open. I know that the crew from the ships would patronize it a lot so if I was looking for Indian food in a port I would think that they may be a good resource.

Shiv Sagar was excellent. We had dinner there several times while staying on-island, but I also understand that it has closed.

There's another small spot that we have hit for lunch in Philipsburg a couple times that was quite good and very reasonably priced -- Anand. It's on a side street down from le Escargot Restaurant.

Still, asking the crew members is a good idea, as well. :)

gary

Shiv Sagar was excellent. We had dinner there several times while staying on-island, but I also understand that it has closed.

There's another small spot that we have hit for lunch in Philipsburg a couple times that was quite good and very reasonably priced -- Anand. It's on a side street down from le Escargot Restaurant.

Still, asking the crew members is a good idea, as well. :)

gary

Gary your speaking of the Philipsburg Shiv Sagar not the one across the street from the Atrium in Simpson Bay right? We eat there on every island vacation. :)

Yes, I am talking specifically about Shiv Sagar, downtown Philipsburg, upstairs on Front Street.

The restaurant in Simpson Bay is the name in your post, or close to it, but the OP was asking about Philipsburg.

I think Anand has/had a location in Simpson Bay, too.

gary

Yes, I am talking specifically about Shiv Sagar, downtown Philipsburg, upstairs on Front Street.

The restaurant in Simpson Bay is the name in your post, or close to it, but the OP was asking about Philipsburg.

I think Anand has/had a location in Simpson Bay, too.

gary

Oh ok. :) The Shiv restaurants are owned by the same family BTW. So glad that the Simpson Bay one is still open at least. We have seen Anand in Simpson Bay but have never tried it.