Sydney hotels

JJean

If you want some helpful recommendations, you should provide your budget (my "reasonable" may not be your "reasonable") and the dates of your stay as hotel rates can vary widely depending on the time of year/day of week, etc.

Thanks for your ideas. I am looking for under $200 a night in February, 2016.

Hi, Notice you are from U.S. so is that US$200 or AU$200. The downward spiral of our AU$ means your US$200 would buy a bit more! You could also check out accommodation sites here in Aussie, eg wotif.com.au for a start. Just plug in dates, location (Sydney CBD) price range, and away you go.

We stay at Rendezvous The Rocks (https://www.tfehotels.com/brands/rendezvous-hotels/rendezvous-hotel-sydney-the-rocks/). A very short walk to the cruise OPT. Walk to Circular Quay ferries/trains. Apartment style boutique hotel with kitchens in the rooms (well, in the one bedroom apartment style that we stay in). Restaurant and pool on site.

Although USD 200 will buy you more in Australia than it used to, it's still not a lot of money for a Sydney hotel room. And who knows what the exchange rate will be a year from now.

Having said that, we too have stayed in the Sydney Harbor B&B and have recommended it to friends and family who have enjoyed it. The location in The Rocks is excellent; the rooms are comfortable and quiet and the breakfasts are excellent.

I booked the Travelodge Phillip Street for our November trip - just $150 a night & 15 minutes walk to all the major places. It has pretty good reviews & a few minutes walk from St James station so convenient from the airport. If you sign up for newsletters you get 10% off your first booking as well :)

Coming to Sydney mid March 2016. We live in Minnesota USA. I wonder what to do about flights, how or where to watch for reasoneable rates.

Sometimes flying via LAX or SFO to AKL to SYD can be the best cost option with Air NZ

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed at the Marriott Circular Quay, which is about 1 block from the quay, very good location, beautiful hotel. We stayed Jan 5-10 and paid $1100 Aus$ with the exchange rate that made it well under $200 a night. Remember those rates also include tax, which is not the case in the US.

For my two cents, if anybody is flying to Sydney, the Qantas flight out of Dallas is terrific. Straight from Dallas to Sydney QF8, coming back QF7. It is an Airbus 380, complete double deck. The flight attendant told us the flight never books full because of weight restrictions. We booked a window and aisle at the rear and had an empty seat. Two rows in back of us only had one person each. Plus the service was outstanding and the plane was terrific.

What we did the last couple of times was rent a unit, the last time for 4 nights, through "Stayz". They have them in the city as well as out of the city. We stayed in Glebe, loved it, easy to get into the city and then just called a maxi taxi to get us to the terminal.