Carnival Magic's New Features...

Dave0311

So John Heald posted this on his Facebook page:

i will be the CD on the Carnival Magic and talking of that...........next week we will reveal all on my blog about some brilliant new first time features.

I know he's been mentioning that there will be new features for quite a while now. Looks like we'll be finding out what they are "next week." (How often do we hear that? :p)

What do you think these new features could be? The current deck plans don't really reveal anything new. Could they have possibly left some things off the current deck plans?

The new features will start being announced on Monday, according to today's blog.

Next week is going to be very exciting for those of you who have been awaiting more news on the Carnival Magic. If you are one of those…….I think you may like next week……starting on Monday’s blog.

I'm curious to read about what these are going to be. :cool:

Who knows what they will incorporate on the Magic but in my book I don't see any changes that will alleviate too many people in basically the same public space as the Conquest class. They justed added another passenger deck (about 500-600 more people) without adding more public space. I am sure it will be a nice ship but not one I will be on.

Who knows what they will incorporate on the Magic but in my book I don't see any changes that will alleviate too many people in basically the same public space as the Conquest class. They justed added another passenger deck (about 500-600 more people) without adding more public space. I am sure it will be a nice ship but not one I will be on.

I guess you are.

Of course there is more public space on Dream. There is Lower Dream Street and a Promenade Deck that wraps all the way around to name a couple.

I'm very interested in what changes there will be, as long as these changes don't push the first sail date back at all. :D

Me, too! I am on her the week after you. Hopefully no delays. Looks like they have a cushion of time built in. Then we will come back and tell everyone what they missed.:p:cool:

On the Dream they finished the sea trials weeks before the first cruise.

I live here in Houston and have no desire to ever sail the Magic. I would rather fly/drive 1200 miles to Florida than go on another Conquest style ship. That's how much I dislike them...

I'm flying 4,000 miles to get to the Magic next summer. :cool: I didn't realize that it was a Conquest style ship. Looking forward to the cruise.

Lets hope there are some substantial upgrades. I just don't think Carnival is thinking far enough outside of the box. After touring the Dream, I thought she was a nice enough ship, but it felt just like being on a Destiny/Conquest Class ship with a few tweaks. I think they really need some exclusive "only available here" features like RCI has with Oasis, and NCL will have with Epic. To quote old school MTV, they need something "buzz worthy".

Lets hope there are some substantial upgrades. I just don't think Carnival is thinking far enough outside of the box. After touring the Dream, I thought she was a nice enough ship, but it felt just like being on a Destiny/Conquest Class ship with a few tweaks. I think they really need some exclusive "only available here" features like RCI has with Oasis, and NCL will have with Epic. To quote old school MTV, they need something "buzz worthy".

To compete with RCI would be very costly and force Carnival to raise its prices. That just doesn't appear to be part of Carnival's business model. The Magic is a modified version of the Dream and the Breeze probably won't be much dfferent. RCI's strategy is a bit risky and they are less profitable than Carnival. It will be interesting to see if they can fill both the Oasis and the Allure and, at the same time, not canibalize their other large ships. All of this extra capacity can only be good for us customers and keep prices for all lines down.

will these announcements be on the Carnival page blog or on this guy's personal blog? If the latter, does anyone have a link? So excited to find out more about the ship!
Here it is:

http://www.johnhealdsblog.com

I agree with this. All the ships seem to have the same basic design/layout, with little changes here and there. They made some progress on the Dream with the wrap-around promenade and the lanai area. Still nothing groundbreaking though. I'm not saying they need to add an ice skating rink or a carousel to draw passengers, but something innovative and unique to Carnival would be cool.

So the first announced feature is a pub! The Red Frog pub, with a "signature" beer called Red Frog.

According to John there will also be something new with water, something new with food, and "excitement and outdoor fun." Hmm... :cool:

The idea of a pub sounds interesting. I wonder if it'll be free or an extra fee.

To compete with RCI would be very costly and force Carnival to raise its prices. That just doesn't appear to be part of Carnival's business model. The Magic is a modified version of the Dream and the Breeze probably won't be much dfferent. RCI's strategy is a bit risky and they are less profitable than Carnival. It will be interesting to see if they can fill both the Oasis and the Allure and, at the same time, not canibalize their other large ships. All of this extra capacity can only be good for us customers and keep prices for all lines down.

Carnival Dream: $599

RCL Freedom of the Seas: $489

Both out of Port Canaveral.

Can you be more specific about how RCL has to charge more for similar ships? This claim is simply not supported by the current prices showing on their respective web sites.

Archived