Alcohol Drink Package on Freedom??

We are on Freedom on 13 January.

I enjoy a few drinks and would probably liketo take the package. However my wife does not touch alcohol.

I can understand why RCCL do not want people abusing this and sharing a package, however much as I would like to buy it, their is no way we will approach our doctor and ask for a medical certificate confirming my wife does not (and cannot) drink alcohol!

Any suggestions?

Any actual information about these packages on the RCI site? Or is this like usual, where it will take them a couple years to update things?

Don't know about their site. My answer came right from the bartender on board.

What are the details?

Do you have to tip on your seapass every time you get a beer/mixed drink? Or is there a tip calculated on the purchase price of the program ($45 or $55)?

Do you even have to show them your seapass at all when you get your drinks?

How does the program work for single cruisers? I often have my own room when cruising with my family.

Thanks Everyone

What are the details?

Do you have to tip on your seapass every time you get a beer/mixed drink? Or is there a tip calculated on the purchase price of the program ($45 or $55)?

Do you even have to show them your seapass at all when you get your drinks?

How does the program work for single cruisers? I often have my own room when cruising with my family.

Thanks Everyone

15% gratuity is added at the time you purchase the package.

I'm on the ship right now and yes they have the alcoholic package. 55$ for the premium pkg and 45$ for beer and wine per day.

Interesting to hear this. This has got to be one of the most chaotic roll out's of a new program I have ever seen. Royal is mum about it on the website. USA Today runs an article about the program only being available on Oasis and Allure. Royal needs to put more effort into this roll out. If they are doing it just come out with the details so that customers and ships crew are aware of the program and what the rules and stipulations are. Right now there are so many different threads and posts about this program and the only consistent statement seems to be the prices.

Thanks for the info there dchillis.

We are on Freedom on 13 January.

I enjoy a few drinks and would probably liketo take the package. However my wife does not touch alcohol.

I can understand why RCCL do not want people abusing this and sharing a package, however much as I would like to buy it, their is no way we will approach our doctor and ask for a medical certificate confirming my wife does not (and cannot) drink alcohol!

Any suggestions?

Try a doctor friend maybe... If I didnt know any I would just ask my doctor. What's the worst that good happen??

Unless you are a "heavy drinker" the alcohol package is a joke. No bottle water, can soda or specialty coffees but they want $885.50 for 7 days. That's $126.50 per day. My DW & I talked about it but with the ommission of the list above it's not worth it especially with the 3 port days on most 7 night cruises. Since we are Diamond, get to bring 2 bottles of wine on board, have the C&A drink coupons and have the DL on our upcoming Mariner cruise we will be passing on this deal.:rolleyes:

Unless you are a "heavy drinker" the alcohol package is a joke.

Simples don't buy it if it doesn't suit you

. That's $126.50 per day.

If its $55 a day please explain your maths

I had this package on the Indy and loved it although would like coffees included

I am now pleased as punch they are doing it on my next cruise

Phil

Your maths is wrong the 15% Gratuity is included within the $55 not added

HTH

Hi sxphil we had the package on Indy and it was $55 a day, but we were on Splendor last month and it was $55 a day plus 15% gratuity which was $126 a day.

On Indy out of the uk we are not charged 15% gratuity on any drinks.

Interesting adding a further 15% would take it out of my comfort zone

That is why we didn't have it on Splendor.When we got on I had a big aluminium bottle of bud which was priced at $6 the same price as Indy so when they charged me $6.90 I said sorry but I think you have over charged me no said the barman that is 90cent gratuity. :(

Simples don't buy it if it doesn't suit you

If its $55 a day please explain your maths

I had this package on the Indy and loved it although would like coffees included

I am now pleased as punch they are doing it on my next cruise

Phil

I'd be happy to explain my "maths"

$55pp per day + 15% gratuity = $126.50. And I wasn't trying to "offend" those who drink heavily I was simply stating my thought that to make this deal worth while you would have to drink "alcohol" heavily since coffees, water and canned soda are not included. Also, if people didn't give contrasting opinions on these boards, then every thread would be one sided.

I'd be happy to explain my "maths"

$55pp per day + 15% gratuity = $126.50. And I wasn't trying to "offend" those who drink heavily I was simply stating my thought that to make this deal worth while you would have to drink "alcohol" heavily since coffees, water and canned soda are not included. Also, if people didn't give contrasting opinions on these boards, then every thread would be one sided.

That's $126.50 per day for TWO people. If you each had 8 drinks per day, the package would pay for itself... anything more is just a bonus. I know some people that have at least 8 drinks a day on the pool deck alone.

Try a doctor friend maybe... If I didnt know any I would just ask my doctor. What's the worst that good happen??

I'd do it if one of my patients asked, if I thought they were honest enough not to cheat the system.

BTW, when people ask "how does my cheating affect you," here's the answer.

If people weren't so flippant about scamming the system we wouldn't have to buy 2 packages per cabin.

My wife doesn't drink much either, I could get her a letter as above but I can't imagine drinking 8 drinks a day myself!

One thing this board has done for me is made me feel ALOT better about the amount I do drink!

That's $126.50 per day for TWO people. If you each had 8 drinks per day, the package would pay for itself... anything more is just a bonus. I know some people that have at least 8 drinks a day on the pool deck alone.

Yes, hence the $55pp per day. I am not a teatotaler by any means but, having eight drinks per day or even, God Forbid, 8 drinks by the pool during the day is a little much. However, the biggest thing for me is the 3 port days on my cruise that will knock down onboard libation quite a bit. I guess I just look at is as $885.50 is more than the cost per person for my aft balcony. Suppose I'd rather do other things at this stage in my life with my money.

Archived