Ziplining Weight Limits???

randjsmom

We are going with victorsin June I emailed him and he said under 300 as along as the harness fits. So I guess it depends on how people are built. My partner is a little worried as well but I told her to give it a try and see. She is below that range but she is still scared because a lot of other ones I tryed to get her onover the years have had a weight limit she was over. If worst thing i'm sure they will work around doing something else or letting everyone go that can and finding something else for the others to do. All the right ups I see about victors seem positives.

We are definitely ziplining in Roatan in June. We will probably go with Victor. Anyone know weight limits or where I can find out? Some people in our party are full figured. So, we want to make sure.

Hi,

I read that the weight limits are 225 lbs. My husband, who is not fat by any means, is 50 pounds over that (he's well over 6 feet tall, and is pretty densely muscled).

I did ask around on the boards, and since the cable-and harness- are weight rated at much more than a human would weigh, i was told it basically came down to whether or not the person can safely and properly fit into the harness. We are scheduled to go-our sons will do it, and we were told that they can see if he can zip too.

i for one, despite being well below the limit, don't plan on zipping. i will be the designated waiter/picture taker!

We are going with victorsin June I emailed him and he said under 300 as along as the harness fits. So I guess it depends on how people are built. My partner is a little worried as well but I told her to give it a try and see. She is below that range but she is still scared because a lot of other ones I tryed to get her onover the years have had a weight limit she was over. If worst thing i'm sure they will work around doing something else or letting everyone go that can and finding something else for the others to do. All the right ups I see about victors seem positives.

I see you will be on the same trip with us on the Valor. Thanks for the info. We'll be on the Jungle Canopy tour. I did see on Victor's website that if the harness fits, you can go.

My husband and I did the extreme zip line. My husband is over 225 lbs and has a belly. The harness didn’t fit him as tight as it did me. He did it anyway. He just had to ask the tour guide to tighten it up after each jump. It did work. The last line he accidently let go of the rope and went upside down. The harness caught him. It is safe.

Have fun! It was the best excursion I have ever done. Scary, but the BEST!

Happy Cruising!:D

99WildcatCruiser

We did south shore in April and I weigh 230 and my DH weighs 285. There was not even a blink of the eye at our weights. We were told as long as the harness fits we could go. The cables and harness could hold MUCH more weight!

They did give us a chest harness in addition to the regular harness. It helped you stay upright as you go along.

This was by far the BEST excursion we ever did. Our kids 10 and 8 went. They were zipping along ahead of us. The guides were great and we felt VERY safe.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived