Cabins on the Dawn

LisaDoesEarth

We just booked our cruise Saturday, Sept. 17 for our cruise Sunday Sept 25th. The only thing left was category m guarantee cabins. I've been in inside cabins before on Carnival, but I was wondering if the cabins on NCL's Dawn are a lot smaller than Carnivals. My husband one and only cruise we had a suite onboard a Carnival ship with a wrap around balcony. (We had just gotten married.) He saw my sister's inside cabin and thought it was small. I only sailed RCCL once because I was kind of claustrophobic in the inside cabin. Are the category m cabins really tiny? Is there a refridgerator? What are the chances of paying for an upgrade once we set sail?

Hi Lisa,

We will be on the Sept. 25th cruise also. This is our first NCL cruise so we will be a little skeptical about the freestyle dining only.

We booked an inside room only once on our previous cruises and were not too thrilled with them. I guess we got spoiled with the balconies.

Maybe we can get together onboard or something. I have not seen a roll call for this cruise so I don't know if there will be a CC get together

NCL Dawn 9/25/05

I'm going to put a post in roll call to see if there is anyone else here going on that cruise. It should be fun! I've left out of port of NY one time and even though my husband is skeptical, I thought it was more of a party crowd, but this was a Carnival ship and things may be different on this ship. My husband also was spoiled with the suite and balcony. He was initially relunctant, but when I told him it was all that was left he said it was ok. I told him the room would be "cozy." lol

Hi Lisa,

We will be on the Sept. 25th cruise also. This is our first NCL cruise so we will be a little skeptical about the freestyle dining only.

We booked an inside room only once on our previous cruises and were not too thrilled with them. I guess we got spoiled with the balconies.

Maybe we can get together onboard or something. I have not seen a roll call for this cruise so I don't know if there will be a CC get together

NCL Dawn 9/25/05

Hi, this link will let you see the size, in square feet, of any cabin on any of the NCL ships.

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/stateroom_detail.cfm?Cat=BA&Num=11580&SC=DAWN

To find the details of the cabin you are interested in change the "orange" parts above as follows

BA to cabin category

11580 to cabin number

DAWN to ship's name (in capitals)

Of course, this does not tell you where the furniture is or whether the cabin is long and thin or square but it might help.

I'm going to put a post in roll call to see if there is anyone else here going on that cruise. It should be fun! I've left out of port of NY one time and even though my husband is skeptical, I thought it was more of a party crowd, but this was a Carnival ship and things may be different on this ship. My husband also was spoiled with the suite and balcony. He was initially relunctant, but when I told him it was all that was left he said it was ok. I told him the room would be "cozy." lol

Hi Lisa, There is a roll call started, it just never stays on page one for very long.

Go sign up, We are getting things together for a CC meet & greet

There are about 15-17 people.. If you need to do the search feature, the roll call is Dawn 9/25/05

Mike I saw your new post on the roll call, and I'm looking foward to meeting you and everyone too.

Donna

We won't know our rooms until the cruise I guess. We are in a guarantee. I'm thinking we should take a night light or something though. As I recall the room gets really dark when you turn out the lights.

We had 3 to a room and there was plenty of room. We always had outsides before..this was first time for insides and it was fine. we were in 4003 & 4005 on the Dawn.

Thanks! We don't have our ship numer yet though, but I can look at rooms in my category!

Hi, this link will let you see the size, in square feet, of any cabin on any of the NCL ships.

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/stateroom_detail.cfm?Cat=BA&Num=11580&SC=DAWN

To find the details of the cabin you are interested in change the "orange" parts above as follows

BA to cabin category

11580 to cabin number

DAWN to ship's name (in capitals)

Of course, this does not tell you where the furniture is or whether the cabin is long and thin or square but it might help.

We won't know our rooms until the cruise I guess. We are in a guarantee. I'm thinking we should take a night light or something though. As I recall the room gets really dark when you turn out the lights.

Lisa, when you do your online registration, your cabin number appears. If you've done the registration already, check the document. If you haven't done it yet you'd better get going!:eek: I think the deadline is 14 days prior to cruising!

Post back and let us know your cabin number, so we can give you more specific information. Have a great time on your cruise - what a wonderful way to wind-down after all that hard work in the Gulf Coast!

Pepper

See you there!! I booked my wife and I for the 25 September cruise yesterday (20th) and got GTY N. You think you got it bad? LOL Cat N is at the bottom of the boat (Deck 4) at the front inside.

Like you we normally get suites and always a balconey except the NCL Majesty which has no balconies.

There is always the possiblity of someone having to cancel giving us the chance at an upgrade. But even if we are stuck with the "hole" we will absolutely love the cruise and enjoy a wonderful 7 days together without the hassels of home.

I hope you can do the same.

Thanks Waldos! I registered late because I only booked the cruise last Saturday. I pre-registered on Sunday and the documents still said guarantee. After reading your post, I looked again and they assigned us a cabin which is 8137. I then used Calmac's link and was able to see the cabin. It's 147 square feet. Tiny, but I am happy about the slight upgrade. We went from the fourth floor to the ninth. Definitely an improvement!

Lisa, when you do your online registration, your cabin number appears. If you've done the registration already, check the document. If you haven't done it yet you'd better get going!:eek: I think the deadline is 14 days prior to cruising!

Post back and let us know your cabin number, so we can give you more specific information. Have a great time on your cruise - what a wonderful way to wind-down after all that hard work in the Gulf Coast!

Pepper

Archived