Pacific Sun's Useless Facts and Figures

Pikachu052

Here is some useless, and minutely interesting facts on the Pacific Sun. There are:

• 72 chefs, cooks and bakers prepare more than 8,600 meals a day for passengers and crew
  • Pacific Sun had a makeover in 2008 at a cost of A$10 million
  • On an average South Pacific cruise, Pacific Sun’s culinary masters will use around: 50,000 eggs, 1000kg of bacon, 2800kg of chicken, 1000kg of lettuce, 2500kg of rice, 375kg of coffee, 1500 kg of pineapples and 5000 litres of milk.
  • With a length of 223m, Pacific Sun is equivalent to three 747 jumbo jets lined up in a row

The passenger capacity is 1900 and about 600 crew. That works out to roughly 20 eggs each. Who is eating all of those eggs???

No wonder I come home fatter.....:eek::eek::eek:

Here is some useless, and minutely interesting facts on the Pacific Sun. There are:

• 72 chefs, cooks and bakers prepare more than 8,600 meals a day for passengers and crew
  • On an average South Pacific cruise, Pacific Sun’s culinary masters will use around: 50,000 eggs, 1000kg of bacon, 2800kg of chicken, 1000kg of lettuce, 2500kg of rice, 375kg of coffee, 1500 kg of pineapples and 5000 litres of milk.
  • With a length of 223m, Pacific Sun is equivalent to three 747 jumbo jets lined up in a row

The passenger capacity is 1900 and about 600 crew. That works out to roughly 20 eggs each. Who is eating all of those eggs???

Is the secret staircase sill there since the refit? Hope so!

Den

Hi Den

What secret staircase :confused:. C'mon spill the beans :D.

Oh dear the game starts again:D

Only brought it up because we are on the Pacific Sun again in January!

Took us about 3 days the first trip,do hope its still there:p

Den

that depends on which cruise the sum dose

that depends on which cruise the sum dose

have you been on the Pacific Sun?

If so did you find the secret staaircase?

Some find it first cruise,some claim to have found it but never did,and some will never find it!

But it is a secret so if you have "keep the cat in the bag!"

Den

have you been on the Pacific Sun?

If so did you find the secret staaircase?

Some find it first cruise,some claim to have found it but never did,and some will never find it!

But it is a secret so if you have "keep the cat in the bag!"

Den

yes gave been on her two times but never scen or heard or looked for this so called stair case please do tell

I found the secret staircase. Well at least I thought it was the secret staircase.:p

I even used it myself. Though someone actually got told off not long after me for using it?:rolleyes:

I could imagine people getting told off for using it!

Worth the risk though;)

Den

yes gave been on her two times but never scen or heard or looked for this so called stair case please do tell

Sorry its a secret,cant tell! lots of fun when you do find it but very frustrating for cruisers who have not found it,especially those who have cruised on her more than once with no joy:D

Den

Speed: Maximum 21 knots

Passenger cabins: 740 cabins in total – incl 10 suites with balconies; 432 standard outside cabins; 298 standard inside cabins :D

I found it and used it several times although we did get some funny looks going through.

It is a legal door way I think as we never got told off for using it.

I was thinking more along the lines of kids going up and down that would get told off!

That is of course "if" there is only "One" secret staircase" and we are talking about the same "one"!:D

I am sure we are though;)

Den

last time I was on the sun some who discovered it got told off in a big way! and warned. i dont know what they would do to punish you :eek: but as u say Den it is worth it!

Cant see why an adult would get warned if you were genuinely going from one place to the other:confused:

I will be using it for sure on my next cruise!:D

But could see problems if lots started to use it all the time:eek:

Den

Cant see why an adult would get warned if you were genuinely going from one place to the other:confused:

I will be using it for sure on my next cruise!:D

But could see problems if lots started to use it all the time:eek:

Den

Maybe there were too many using it? All the more reason to keep it secret..:D

Not sure if there is a secret staircase on the Sun Princess or dawn princess. I checked but couldn't find a door way.

Yes probably best ti keep it a secret then if people are getting told off for using it, I thought it was ok seeing as many people were using it.

My lips are sealed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Sun_(ship)

very intersting that at this link it also said this the Pacific Sun is a medium sized ship, accommodating up to 1,900 passengers

Class and type: Holiday class cruise ship

Tonnage: gross tonnage (GT) of 47,262 tons[2]

Displacement: 6,405 metric tons deadweight (DWT)

Length: 223.4 m (732 ft 11 in)[2]

Beam: 28.2 m (92 ft 6 in)[2]

Draft: 7.5 m (24 ft 7 in)[2]

Decks: 10 passenger decks[2]

Installed power: 2×7 cylinder Sulzer diesels, combined 23520 kW[1]

Propulsion: Two propellers[2]

Speed: 21.7 kn (40.19 km/h; 24.97 mph)[1]

Capacity: 1,486 passengers[2]

Crew: 670[2]

source wikipedia

Archived