Solstice Class Penthouse Suites

jamescruise07

Hi all,

New to Celebrity and want to spoil my mum as its a special birthday

Is the Penthouse Suite worth the money or are there alternatives

Definitely the Solstice Class though

Thanks

Have never stayed in a Suite... But they do look nice.

If you are looking at the S-Class Ships, and willing to SPLURGE you should look at the last built / launched Reflection... They have the Reflection Suite... That is even a notch above a PH

Celebrity Reflection = http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-reflection

Ps... Way to treat your Mom right, you must be a great kid. :D

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Is the Penthouse Suite worth the money or are there alternatives ...

It is impossible to give an overall opinion as to whether or not it is worth the money as the answer will be different for different people. It all depends on your traveling budget and priorities. I've met cruisers who always book the penthouse if it is available and love it and I've met other cruisers who believe anything more expensive than a standard inside cabin is a waste of money. Personally the Penthouse is not worth it to me because it is way outside of our traveling budget.

If you look through the Celebrity web site you can find some photos of the Penthouse along with a floor plan and list of perks. Also, if you search for the name of an S class ship and the word penthouse on YouTube you'll find some video tours of the suite.

I've sailed the PH and RS on S class ships.

PH is a great suite, the shower is just amazing, I'd spend all day in it if I could. 2 huge shower heads, gets steamy, a large bench to sit on, and handheld sprayers to use as body sprays. Veranda whirlpool is kind of small, same as in RS.

If they plan to entertain, definitely go PH if budget allows. Although I just sailed RS on Sille, and hosted 78 for a sail away party, tight, but with veranda etc. we made it work.

I honestly say go for RS unless you find a great deal in PH as I do last minute sometimes, or unless you really want to make the splurge. The perks and service granted to PH versus RS will be negligibly different if at all different.

I've not sailed in the Reflection Suite, but did attend a party there. The veranda is fully shaded and tiny relative to the PH, so I honestly say the Reflection suite is way overpriced, especially if they won't use the 2nd bedroom sharing it with someone. The cool jewel shower is neat (and has access from the Master BR AND from veranda, the veranda access is only thru the shower or thru the 2nd bedroom, no access from the living space), but I think the PH shower is more comfortable and practical (I wouldn't be concerned about the Jewel shower privacy, it is tinted appropriately to avoid lookie-loos). My opinion on the decor was it was nice and modern, but looked like they hosted an interior design contest and had 4 designers each design a section of the space, it was overdone and cluttered.

If you looked at M class, the PH s aft and has the wonderful aft views the bathroom is older and shower relatively small. But the veranda is probably the best at sea honestly. I'd take the PH over RS on M class, as the RS just feels cramped to me. In fact, I prefer CS to RS on M class.

We were upgraded to the PH suite on the Solstice. Honestly, I felt that it was too big for just the two of us but it is very nice. I would rather be in a RS which I feel is very nice also. It gives us the shower and the tub. The PH is awesome and I was overwhelmed being in it. The butlers are wonderful. We are low maintenance people and get what we can afford.

Cle-guy, missed your party. Maybe the next time.:)

No one can tell you if it's worth it for you. We know neither your your personal income nor your budget for a cruise so therefore it's not a question anyone but you can answer. We've been in the PH many times and we love the space and amenities. But I think a RS is just as nice for a lot less, and we've been in RS a few times.

We booked a PH on Eclipse for our 40th wedding anniversary. It was to be a one-off for a special occasion. Until then, we were convinced the Royal Suites were as much as you needed for a couple.

Not so! Since then, we have only sailed in PH suites and have just booked for Christmas/New Year on Equinox in 2016/17. We have sailed in the PH on Eclipse twice so far and absolutely love the suite. I love the light, the flow through the suite, the location, the décor, ... in fact , there is nothing I do not like although, after the M-class PH, you do feel that the balcony could be larger. [This is clearly not possible if you keep the location so I am looking for the impossible!]

On our latest cruise, we actually got the opportunity to look at the S-class Celebrity and Royal Suites. There are very nice but seemed very small to us.

I think what I am trying to say is the S-class PHs are very, very nice BUT, once tried, they can be very difficult to give up again. You will definitely be spoiling your Mum if you book one for her but, if she cruises often, you may spoil her for anything else in the future.

I am looking forward to being in the PH for the first time....have to say the main reason I picked it rather than the RS was the shower.....i really like the look of it and want to see if it is worth putting into my home.