Celebrity Alaska Cruise Documents?

FirstTimer987

I was on Celebrity's website looking for the required documents and I found it to be a bit confusing... I will be going to Alaska from Seattle and I am a landed immigrant in Canada and my wife and child are Canadian citizens, what documents do I really need? also if I plan to pay my SeaPass Account with cash at the end of my cruise, am I still required to show a credit card upon check-in?

Thanks!

According to the FAQ section on documentation for a cruise, it specifically states that Canadian Landed Immigrants must have a passport, visa and your permanent resident card. Canadian citizens need a passport.

At checkin, you must put cash on account in order to use your Sign and Sail cards. The amount required depends on length of cruise. The one, and only, time we did cash, it was $250 USD per person---that may have changed by now. Once your cash on account gets to a certain point, you will be contacted for more money, and if you don't put more on account, your charging privileges will be suspended. If you have a balance at the end of the cruise, you go to Guest Services on disembarkation morning and get a refund. Be warned that you could be standing in line for a long time because it's really busy on the last morning. You also could go for your refund on the last night, but you will not be able to use your sign and sail card once you close out your account.

Unless you have a strong reason for not using a credit card, it really helps to use one at check-in. I do this even when I intend to pay in full in cash [when we have been able to purchase US$ at a better exchange rate that at the time we are cruising]. That way, I can deposit cash on our account when it suits me during the cruise. On the last day, I work out what additional charges we will make to our account and make my final cash deposit at a time that Guest Relations is quiet. If we spend a little more than expected, it is not that much. The only real problem is if you deposit too much cash on your account. If that happens and you do not go to Guest Relations to request a cash refund at the end of the cruise, they will credit the surplus to your credit card.