Celebrity Penthouse suite vs Norwegian Delux Owners suite

LabGuy64

I was wondering if anyone had done cruises in both these cabins and had comparisons....many people seem to like the "Haven" experiance on the Norweigian ships but when I looked at a youtube video of the Deluxe Owners suite on the Pearl the decore seemed brash and well....a bit tacky IMO...I guess some might call it more "fun"....sometimes things seem different in person that from a video......so...taking in the entire cruising experiance....any comparions that anyone wants to share?

Have only done NCL Sun but I am guessing that the décor on Pearl will be a bit loud. You do not say which Celebrity PH you are looking at. On the M-class ships, the PH décor is "traditional" - dark wood panelling. On the S-class ships, the PH décor is "modern" - very light, creams. Both experiences will be very different décor-wise to NCL.

In the past, the NCL suite experience was much better than on Celebrity but, since they announced the new suite perks, Celebrity has up their game considerably. It is already on a par with NCL and, come April 2015, will be better, in my considered opinion.

I've visited the Dlx OS and it is a small odd room that is not really a suite with a separate bedroom. It just has a table barely big enough for 4 to eat squeezed in. Its main feature is it is on deck 15 with a great balcony with hot tub and view of the pool area. IMO the regular OS is better and much larger, no hot tub, less $.

I have not sailed on Celebrity but have been looking at X suites. Their PH appears larger than the NCL OS. It also appears better decorated than NCL, but remember I've not been in it.

The Owners Suite on Pearl is a little more than half the size of Celebrity's S Class PH, and less than half the size of the M Class PH. The Penthouses on Celebrity are more upscale looking with the best showers at sea on the S class. The OS on NCL are more garish rather than stylish. With Celebrity's new suite perks, it makes Celebrity's PH experience more upscale

Edited by kitty9

My BIL thought that the S class PH is about the length of 6 regular rooms. I just know that it is very large and has everything that anyone would desire. It's one floor which for my DH and me is best.

Come, try our Celebrity.

The reason I was comparing them was that I read that the Deluxe OS was over 1100 sq ft and by size seemed comparable to the PH suite on the S class Celebrity ships...any other thought on the benefits of the "Haven" vs Celebrity's PH suite perks?

I've visited the Dlx OS and it is a small odd room that is not really a suite with a separate bedroom. It just has a table barely big enough for 4 to eat squeezed in. Its main feature is it is on deck 15 with a great balcony with hot tub and view of the pool area. IMO the regular OS is better and much larger, no hot tub, less $.

I have not sailed on Celebrity but have been looking at X suites. Their PH appears larger than the NCL OS. It also appears better decorated than NCL, but remember I've not been in it.

The reason I was comparing them was that I read that the Deluxe OS was over 1100 sq ft and by size seemed comparable to the PH suite on the S class Celebrity ships...any other thought on the benefits of the "Haven" vs Celebrity's PH suite perks?

IMHO, the "new" Celebrity [once the suite perks have been implemented in April 2015] will be better than the NCL Haven. Personally, although I love the idea of the new suite dining room and Michael's Club lounge, I have no desire to isolate myself from the rest of the ship. It is why I sail Celebrity.

Remember, though, that I have only sailed on Sun which has no Haven. I would select a Haven suite IF I ever sailed on NCL again because I do not like the NCL product. I can also understand that the Haven may be more desirable if you enjoy sitting around the pool - something we do not do.

I like the look of the Celebrity suite package as well......I was just wondering if I was missing out on something with the "Haven" experiance.

We are booked in the PH ....but not til 2016..we are looking forward to it very much. I am thinking about booking at the end of '15 ant looking at options