Royal Cabin Help

DShock

We have the choice of booking D727 or M722 on the Royal (both S2's). The balcony on Dolphin 727 seems to be larger and covered from the photos I've seen. The balcony on Marina 722 seem to be smaller and only partially covered...partially exposed to the deck above.

Can you help with clarification? I have to let my travel agent know by 5 pm today which cabin we want.

Thanks

Personally I'd stay away from the aft facing Marina Deck cabins unless you really don't mind those folks at the Lido Terrace starring at the top of your head five feet away! ;) If it were me I'd book the Dolphin Deck cabin!

8617664667_660a46f2ef_z_d.jpg

We have the choice of booking D727 or M722 on the Royal (both S2's). The balcony on Dolphin 727 seems to be larger and covered from the photos I've seen. The balcony on Marina 722 seem to be smaller and only partially covered...partially exposed to the deck above.

Can you help with clarification? I have to let my travel agent know by 5 pm today which cabin we want.

Thanks

The aft portion of the Marina deck S2 balconies are essentially totally open to the aft of the Horizon Terrace above. If you want privacy, I would avoid the aft Marina deck cabins. The Dolphin deck S2 balconies (and Baja deck) are almost 100 sq ft larger and more than 50% covered. They would be my choice if I had the bucks for a Cat S2 suite :)

We booked B 735 for both cruises...I think that is a good choice.
I'm booked in B 735 for the Regal's Maiden Voyage June 2, 2014. Would you please send pics and give me your thoughts on the cabin? Thanks
If I was paying the big bucks for a full suite my choice would be B734 or B735. D726 and D727 have the same larger sized balcony that is at least 50% covered, but you might have louder wake noise on the Dolphin deck balcony. Also, on Baja deck you are two stair flights closer to the Concierge Lounge on Riviera deck.

If I was paying the big bucks for a full suite my choice would be B734 or B735. D726 and D727 have the same larger sized balcony that is at least 50% covered, but you might have louder wake noise on the Dolphin deck balcony. Also, on Baja deck you are two stair flights closer to the Concierge Lounge on Riviera deck.

We've stayed in suites on Emerald, Dolphin and Aloha decks (mostly on Emerald). Yes, the wake is a little louder on the lower decks, but not bad. Without knowing much about the new ships, we chose Baja deck because, as you mentioned, the balcony appears larger and partially covered. The Princess rep gave me square footage and The Baja cabin was the second largest S2. Not sure if balcony was included in the square footage.

Archived