$398 stateroom upgrade

minz56

Tracy,

Do not try to push it LOL!! Bite the bullet and apply.

I am sure you will be at the top of the list. LOL!!!;);)

Rex

Oh course l am at the top of the list;)!!!

Tracy:)

Can I just ask the cruisers who received the upgrade, how were they informed?

If you used a TA, did they inform you?

(Stil hoping!)

Our travel agent rang us after being contacted by Azamara. We had to make our minds up quickly as Azamara was on hold whilst we were offered this. We had a choice of 4 Club Continent suites.

Just to be clear this wasnt a free upgrade. We applied and were offered this upgrade at a discounted price. But it wasnt free.

We are still very happy :):)

Our travel agent rang us after being contacted by Azamara. We had to make our minds up quickly as Azamara was on hold whilst we were offered this. We had a choice of 4 Club Continent suites.

Just to be clear this wasnt a free upgrade. We applied and were offered this upgrade at a discounted price. But it wasnt free.

We are still very happy :):)

You'll love your club continent suite...more elbow room, nicer by far bathroom, somewhat larger balcony, and our two experiences are that our butlers were warm, friendly, and would do anything for us. Enjoy!

You'll love your club continent suite...more elbow room, nicer by far bathroom, somewhat larger balcony, and our two experiences are that our butlers were warm, friendly, and would do anything for us. Enjoy!

Thank you!! We are very excited! Can you tell me please if there are sunloungers on the balcony?

Thanks

Before they changed the balcony furniture in the Club Continent Suites there used to be two (uncomfortable) chairs, a table and a reclining chair much like you get in a Celebrity balcony cabin. They swapped them all out for new chairs and a table. The balcony is wide enough to take three chairs, but the table takes up quite a bit of space. The picture below is a different cabin category, but the grey chairs and table are the same as you yet in a Club Continent Suite. I found the trick for a comfortable recline is to pull the chair close to the patio window and use one of the cushions from inside to rest your head. Feet on the balcony railings. Pretty comfortable.

image.jpg3_zpsikwviwnx.jpg

Phil

Before they changed the balcony furniture in the Club Continent Suites there used to be two (uncomfortable) chairs, a table and a reclining chair much like you get in a Celebrity balcony cabin. They swapped them all out for new chairs and a table. The balcony is wide enough to take three chairs, but the table takes up quite a bit of space. The picture below is a different cabin category, but the grey chairs and table are the same as you yet in a Club Continent Suite. I found the trick for a comfortable recline is to pull the chair close to the patio window and use one of the cushions from inside to rest your head. Feet on the balcony railings. Pretty comfortable.

image.jpg3_zpsikwviwnx.jpg

Phil

Thanks Phil

• 3 weeks later...
They called us, via our travel agent but wanted an immediate answer

Congratulations!

Were you given a choice of available cabins or just asked if you wanted to go ahead with the upgrade?

Edited by bbqoug

Congratulations!

Were you given a choice of available cabins or just asked if you wanted to go ahead with the upgrade?

We were offered 3 different grades of suites (at different prices) inc an Owners Suite which we accepted very happily.

We were offered 3 different grades of suites (at different prices) inc an Owners Suite which we accepted very happily.

Wow!

I guess it all depends on availability, LCV level, etc.

It sounds like you definitely scored.

I will have to make sure our TA has my cell phone number so I can be reached easily if the offer becomes available for our cruise.

When I spoke to Celebrity Captain's Club about the Elite benefits transferring over to Azamara she at first mentioned this, but then said, "Never mind, because they are only for people who booked at full price, and you booked on a promo."

Anyone ever get one of the $398 upgrades when booked on a promotional rate?

Congratulations. Enjoy.

May I ask how many AZ cruises you have been on and at what your Le Club Voyage loyalty level is.

Thanks.

Again, have fun.

When I spoke to Celebrity Captain's Club about the Elite benefits transferring over to Azamara she at first mentioned this, but then said, "Never mind, because they are only for people who booked at full price, and you booked on a promo."

Anyone ever get one of the $398 upgrades when booked on a promotional rate?

Yes. Just got one on a cruise I booked as a last minute deal.

Congratulations. Enjoy.

May I ask how many AZ cruises you have been on and at what your Le Club Voyage loyalty level is.

Thanks.

Again, have fun.

We have only been on one Azamara cruise previously but are Discoverer Level due to being Diamond on RCCL.

Yes. Just got one on a cruise I booked as a last minute deal.

Interesting. I understood the LCV $398 stateroom upgrade program is only available to bookings outside of 120 days. Are you saying they accepted it within that period? From the terms and conditions:

Program is not valid for bookings made in guarantee categories (W, X, Y, Z), for bookings created within 120 days to departure, or bookings that change stateroom categories within 120 days to departure.

Phil