What do you want to know about Carnival Dream?

Hi everyone,

On Thursday, Carnival will finally christen it's brand-new Carnival Dream in New York City, and I'll be there, reporting live on the event in Cruise Critic News. I'll also be sailing on Friday's two-night preview cruise -- along with Host Mach and 100+ other Cruise Critic members! -- and would be glad to answer your questions about the 130,000-ton, 3,652-passenger ship, the line's largest ever.

A few questions I've already jotted down for myself:

* What's the 11,250-square-foot adults-only Serenity area, covering two decks, like?

* How does the indoor/outdoor dance club work?

* What's the deal with the 36 "FunHub" kiosks -- easy/useful?

* Is the new steakhouse as good as the Supper Clubs of ships past?

* Will anyone use the corkscrew waterslide in November, in New York (especially if we DO get a nor'easter up this way?!)

I will answer as many questions as I can (though I won't be able to check out specific cabins -- sorry) and post insights and photos -- and I know Host Mach will be doing so as well.

Can't wait!

Melissa

Hello, Melissa and all of you Carnival DREAMers out there!

I'll be on board with Melissa and over 100 Cruise Critic folks for the 2 day Cruise To Nowhere on the 13th!

I'll be reporting live from the ship and hopefully be uploading plenty of pictures to my PhotoBucket account. I'll add a link...

Like Melissa said, we won't have access to specific cabins but we have a great cross section of cabins represented on our roll call and I'll do my best to get pictures of each type we have!!

I'm pumped about this little adventure and this new and very large ship so stay tuned for the fun!!!

:)

Mach

I'm VERY interested in that *cove balcony* you've been talking about, Mach!

Laura

So am I, Laura! I can't wait to see it!

I love the idea of a balcony cabin being so close to the water line but that brings up a potential problem... The seas are forecast to be pretty.... ummm... active when we sail. In bad enough conditions weather doors to the Cove balconies are locked preventing unwary passengers from getting washed overboard by an unusually large wave!!

Here's hoping for benign seas... at least benign enough for my camera and I to spend some time out there!!

Serenity is nice. The chair hogs have discovered the clam shells and hammocks - only two hammocks.

I'm not aware of any indoor/outdoor dance club. I'll look again tonight.

Many cove balcony pictures here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/coveDummies.htm

and many more other pictures here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/index.htm

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/TA/index.htm

The kiosks are interesting and the social networking thing interesting, but my laptop seems to have faster internet access.

When it is windy, the slides aren't open.

I have one ridiculous question for you. Is the DREAM going to be docked in Brooklyn or Manhattan before going on the cruises out of NY? i have read somewhere that it was going to be out of Brooklyn then I read somewhere else it would be docked in Manhattan. My wife and I live on Staten island and we want to see the ship leave on this sunday. Depending on where the DREAM is leaving from, will determine what time I have to get to the spot where I want to see her leave. Thanks

I have one ridiculous question for you. Is the DREAM going to be docked in Brooklyn or Manhattan before going on the cruises out of NY? i have read somewhere that it was going to be out of Brooklyn then I read somewhere else it would be docked in Manhattan. My wife and I live on Staten island and we want to see the ship leave on this sunday. Depending on where the DREAM is leaving from, will determine what time I have to get to the spot where I want to see her leave. Thanks

She leaves from Manhattan. I'll waive to you as we go under the Verazzano!

She leaves from Manhattan at 4:00PM. I'll waive to you as we go under the Verazzano! :D:D:D:D

Manhattan...

:(:(Your pics were great, thanks for them. However ,I noticed that the pool side band is enclosed up on the next deck ,out of touch with the people.I don't like that! When myself and DW cruise our favorite activity is dancing pool side, and interaction with the band is what makes it fun. Ill bet the musicians don't like it either ,they don't get any energy from the crowd. Without feedback from the people they become just background music. Just MHO.

:(:(Your pics were great, thanks for them. However ,I noticed that the pool side band is enclosed up on the next deck ,out of touch with the people.I don't like that! When myself and DW cruise our favorite activity is dancing pool side, and interaction with the band is what makes it fun. Ill bet the musicians don't like it either ,they don't get any energy from the crowd. Without feedback from the people they become just background music. Just MHO.

The same is true of the Conquest Class. You can see the band below the SeaSide Theater in this picture:

IMG_3105.jpg

The Fantasy Class have a small elevated stage for the performers

IMG_0599.jpg

and the Splendor has the bandstand at the bow end of the Lido Deck pool area and below the SeaSide Theater:

IMG_2150.jpg

Hello Mach,

I'll be on the 11/23 sailing in stateroom 1442. There seems to be a crew area beside my stateroom. Can you find some information about this area? I'm a little worried that it might be noisy. Thanks and have a great sailing!

I'll be happy to run by that area and listen for noise.

Normally, those areas are rather quiet and aren't a problem.

I will answer as many questions as I can (though I won't be able to check out specific cabins -- sorry) and post insights and photos --

:) Thanks for the offer, Melissa, as I do have a question concerning the new Carnival Dream.

There's been some guessing if there would be the addition (after arriving in the States) of a Loyalty Desk offering the Future Carnival Vacation certificates.

Would greatly appreciate you checking while on the Promenade, or elsewhere, to verify if that has, indeed, happened. If not yet adding, perhaps CCL intends to do so after the ship arrives to its new home port at Canaveral next month.

Thanks, again, and Bon Voyage!!! :D

:) Thanks for the offer, Melissa, as I do have a question concerning the new Carnival Dream.

There's been some guessing if there would be the addition (after arriving in the States) of a Loyalty Desk offering the Future Carnival Vacation certificates.

Would greatly appreciate you checking while on the Promenade, or elsewhere, to verify if that has, indeed, happened. If not yet adding, perhaps CCL intends to do so after the ship arrives to its new home port at Canaveral next month.

Thanks, again, and Bon Voyage!!! :D

Sort of. They are advertising the program at the purser's desk, but don't currently have the certificates on board. My understanding is that they will start the program in New Yorkish.

Hi Host Mach,

We're sailing 12/03/09 on the 9 day. Trying to find which of the dining rooms does "fixed seating".....not sure if it's Crimson or Scarlet (and on which deck). You may know already but would really like to have this info before we take off. BTW, thanks so much to all of you at CC who take such good care of us AND for putting up with some of the things we say here :rolleyes:

Thanks and HAVE A GREAT VOYAGE!

Steve :)

P.S. We'll pray for the storm to calm down so you'll get great pics from the Cove balcony.

Hi Host Mach,

We're sailing 12/03/09 on the 9 day. Trying to find which of the dining rooms does "fixed seating".....not sure if it's Crimson or Scarlet (and on which deck). You may know already but would really like to have this info before we take off. BTW, thanks so much to all of you at CC who take such good care of us AND for putting up with some of the things we say here :rolleyes:

Thanks and HAVE A GREAT VOYAGE!

Steve :)

P.S. We'll pray for the storm to calm down so you'll get great pics from the Cove balcony.

We had regular seating in the Crimson on level 3. Level 4 there was "anytime" dining. Not sure if they did the same in the Scarlet.

Archived