Pearl Harbor

floridafolks

In the past, tickets were available on a first come/first served basis for Pearl Harbor Historic sites (USS Arizona) This has been discussed on various cc threads. Another possibility for obtaining tickets began today.

The tickets are now available for booking in advance online at

http://www.recreation.gov

There is a $1.50 reservation fee per ticket- a small price to pay to know you have tickets for a specific time. They will send a confirmation email to confirm your reservation number.

Thank you so much for this valuable information! We are going to the Big Island in April for a land vacation, but have booked tickets to fly to Oahu specifically to go to Pearl Harbor and we were worried if they ran out of tickets. Now we can book them and not worry! There are 9 people in our group so this helps out tremendously!!

Thank you so much for this valuable information! We are going to the Big Island in April for a land vacation, but have booked tickets to fly to Oahu specifically to go to Pearl Harbor and we were worried if they ran out of tickets. Now we can book them and not worry! There are 9 people in our group so this helps out tremendously!!

Glad that helps! There seemed to be a 10 ticket limit per reservation so that will work our great for you! But don't delay, as there seemed to only be 35 online tickets available for each time slot when the online ticketing opened this morning.

We also obtained our tickets today for visiting Pearl Harbor in April. We have 8 in our group and the booking process was quick and painless. :)

Agreed. We got tickets for our March visit today. It was quick and painless. It sure beats getting there early and waiting in lines. :D

When reserving for Pearl Harbour how do you pay?? Would like to do it again as the last time we wasted a day and didnt get in as big groups had taken over.We are not going till September but know 2 cruises will be there at same time. Ta! Irene and Stan

When reserving for Pearl Harbour how do you pay?? Would like to do it again as the last time we wasted a day and didnt get in as big groups had taken over.We are not going till September but know 2 cruises will be there at same time. Ta! Irene and Stan

That is exactly why we were thrilled to be able to reserve in advance- Now we can plan our day knowing what time we will be at Pearl Harbor.

Just go to this site:

You pick which tour you want and which date and time slot you want. You can pay via CC. You will receive a confirmation email sent to the email address you used when you registered. The entire process just took a short time.

Just go to this site:

You pick which tour you want and which date and time slot you want. You can pay via CC. You will receive a confirmation email sent to the email address you used when you registered. The entire process just took a short time.

Questions floridafolks: I went on to reserve for 5/31/12 and it said tickets not available yet.............is there a "timeline" of how far out you can book? I looked but didn't see anything mentioned on the site. Thanks for posting, very helpful ! :)

Questions floridafolks: I went on to reserve for 5/31/12 and it said tickets not available yet.............is there a "timeline" of how far out you can book? I looked but didn't see anything mentioned on the site. Thanks for posting, very helpful ! :)

We are going in March 2012, so I did not have a problem. I was just going to suggest calling- and I see you did. When I played with the site, the latest date available today was May 17th--so indeed you are correct about the 3 months max. ( You probably have your calendar marked for 3 months before May 31st the way I did for the opening day of the online reservation system;))

Got our tickets for April but I was disappointed the lady on the phone told me and it's in my confirmation that we have to pick up the tickets 1 hour before our reserved time.Better than hours I guess.

I think 1 hour is more than fair. If there are no shows, they can distribute the tickets to those who have been waiting in line.

beachchick

And, also, the hour can be very well spent. There are two buildings to the new museum, plus around the grounds are memorials to those killed on 12-07-41 that were on ships other than the USS Arizona. The way that the area has been re-done is so wonderful and it is possible to spend well more than hour prior to your movie/launch shuttle time!

Wow....thanks for this huge help. I was planning to go at 7am to be sure to get tickets and not have to wait.....now we have tickets for 1pm. We are doing the swap meet now that morning ...also 4/7.....and I will just take the shuttle over early and get the tickets and dw can finish shopping and meander over at one.

Thanks for posting.....completely changed my plan for the day because of your help. Also, bear in mind nothing much goes over to memorial....fanny packs, purses etc. Lockers are available....I figure I'll need the 6x8 foot one after dw gets done at swap meet. Cameras are ok but even camera bags won't go.

Thanks again

Mastergator

I think 1 hour is more than fair. If there are no shows, they can distribute the tickets to those who have been waiting in line.

beachchick

It is fair..I am just hoping we make it in time. Our ship docks at 9 am, tour time is 10:30 am..pretty sure we won't make it a whole HOUR before.

• 5 months later...

I did a search but am having trouble finding a thread touching on the best way to get down to the USS Arizona Memorial if doing it yourself and NOT in a tour group 1) should we take a shuttle or cab? 2) How much availability is there for either and... 3) how much time should we allow for travel from port to the memorial? We were in honolulu last time but it was the day we sailed in/out for our hawaiian cruise and our flight was too close to embark/disembark so sadly we don't really know much about the honolulu port and distances to/from we know as a rule that the traffic on the islands can be a nightmare we don't really want to rent a car I don't think but is that a good option? We live near Vegas and we hate driving in Vegas so I doubt we'd enjoy driving in Hawaii's traffic. Esp. since I heard honking is considered to be really rude there.

I'd love a response today because my inlaws and my husband and I want to discuss this tomorrow as a group. They are leaning to a cruise sponsored tour but I'm guessing we could save a LOAD of money doing this one ourselves

^^ Is that accurate us saving a lot of $ going it on our own??

We have a 3 year old that will be along is that going to pose any issues do you think? Rules-wise is he allowed in or is there an age restriction? I know some people who don't like kids might be against it... but I watch him and he does really well with travel and is pretty mellow and well behaved overall. Last cruise we got tons of compliments on how well behaved he is at that time he was 15 months but he's done well with long car trips and land-based travel and flights since that cruise.

Archived