Self Serve Laundry Facilities?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:15 AM.
12 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Mr. Sasso,

My wife and kids are really looking forward to our first trip with MSC in a month. I read somewhere on this board that there is no self serve laundry facilities on the MSC Orchestra and that there was a pay cleaning service.
As you can imagine with the 4 of us we will go through a lot of clothes on a 7 day cruise plus 2 more days of driving in our case. We would like to be able to wash and dry our on clothes to not have to pack so much. Is there really no self serve laundry on the Orchestra and do you have any plans to change this? Also, how much does the pay laundry service run?
Thanks in advance for answering all these questions and taking up your time.
Woodbridge, NJ
485 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
I just got off the Lirica, they offered "10 items for $19.90" toward the end of the trip, kind of a moot point. I kept wondering if socks counted as 2 items.
12 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Thanks, that sounds too high to me. Does anybody else have any first hand knowledge? I posted this to Mr. Sasso's thread but it got moved here.
Ontario, Canada
160 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
There's no self-serve laundry as far as I can tell. We generally take along a small container of laundry detergent and do light washings in the small sink, and hang them to dry over the shower. Frankly, we're going for two weeks later this month and I expect we'll bring enough clothes to last us the whole time without much if any laundry to worry about, as we've done many times before. For one week you should be ok.
belvidere il
55 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
hi I was on the Liricia for 20 days and I found a laundry in tortola. I dropped it off and picked it up 4 hours later did an excelent job. I had a suit case full done for $16.00
belvidere il
55 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hi I was on the Liricia for 20 days and I found a laundry in Tortola. I took a suit case full for only $16.00. Dropped it off and picked it up 4 hrs later. They did a great job.
Edinburgh UK
8,117 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
There are definitely no self service laundry facilities on any of the MSC ships. It certainly would be handy for the longer voyages as trying to bring enough stuff for 3 weeks and different climates is not easy with the measly 23kg of luggage allowance most European airlines give you.

I end up washing small items by hand in the bathroom and sending other things to the ship's laundry. They do a good job but it isn't cheap and I certainly would not wish to contemplate the cost of doing that for 4 of you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

MSC Orchestra - Eastern Med - Jun 16
MSC Orchestra - Barbados to Genoa - Apr 16
Costa Serena -Arabian Gulf - Mar 15
MSC Armonia - Las palmas to Venice - Mar 14
Costa Fortuna - Arabian Gulf - Jan 14
MSC Musica - Eastern Med & Black Sea - Oct 13
MSC Orchestra - Western Med - Aug 13
MSC Sinfonia - Western Med - May 13
Costa Atlantica - Arabian Gulf - Mar 13
MSC Musica - Greek Isles - Sept 12