baggage allowance pleased i checked

I phoned the centre that took my booking just to check my baggage allowance as it wasnt showing on my invoice after changing from the Dream to the Celebration. We had booked the extra 5kg for £28 each due to taking wedding clothes with us. When i spoke to the adviser, he told me we had 20kg hold luggage which included our extra and 5kg hand luggage. after hanging up, i thought about it and it didnt seem right, so i did a bit of checking and rang him back and queried it. He very kindly rang head office and then rang me back.

He told me we have 20kg plus our 5kg allowance and 7kg hand luggage, so i am pleased i checked.:D

I was told that we were allowed 20kgs suitcase and 5 kgs hand luggage flying to Palma per passenger, we could pay for an extra 5 kgs but no bag can weigh more than 23kgs due to health and safety.... so? do you take a third bag ? and the 5kgs hand luggage per passenger? what about Mrs Smnb's hand bag?

I was told that we were allowed 20kgs suitcase and 5 kgs hand luggage flying to Palma per passenger, we could pay for an extra 5 kgs but no bag can weigh more than 23kgs due to health and safety.... so? do you take a third bag ? and the 5kgs hand luggage per passenger? what about Mrs Smnb's hand bag?

The extra 5Kg can be split between your two cases as I understand it - so neither would exceed 23Kg but you would get the benefit of the additional 5Kg more you've paid for. (Please check that out to be sure - but I'm fairly confident that's what I've read somewhere - I checked it out because I had the same thought as you about it going over the limit!).

I'm afraid Mrs Smnb's handbag will have to go inside your hand luggage - or get her a new (very big one) you can load up with 5Kg of stuff! ;)

You wouldn't think that a business as large and long established as Thomsons could make such an utter balls up of something as basic as luggage allowance. However do they manage to organise holidays?

Hi yes what we are doing is taken 1 20k case each and 1 5k case each plus 1 cabin bag each at 7k Handbags count as hand luggage, i usually put mine in my flight bag till i get on the plane,

Hi yes what we are doing is taken 1 20k case each and 1 5k case each plus 1 cabin bag each at 7k Handbags count as hand luggage, i usually put mine in my flight bag till i get on the plane,

Thought we would take 2 cases 20kg each and one holdall 10kg and handluggage ( so OH can carry the holdall with all of my shoes:D). I don't like heavy hand luggage so it will probably be a large handbag with purses, make up, kindle, i pod and medication.

Thought we would take 2 cases 20kg each and one holdall 10kg and handluggage ( so OH can carry the holdall with all of my shoes:D). I don't like heavy hand luggage so it will probably be a large handbag with purses, make up, kindle, i pod and medication.

I'm sure they told us you can't do that Nell as it would mean one person would have a total luggage weight of 30k and one would have a total luggage weight of 20k which would mean someone had gone over their allowance.

Once again, confusion caused by Thomson. We were told the allowance was per party, not individual. Their incompetence is annoying to say the least. Thanks for that, gizzie, I will check it out.

Hi guys

On the question of baggage; after I have checked my baggage in at the airport do Thomson deliver my baggage to my on board cabin door.

Hi guys

On the question of baggage; after I have checked my baggage in at the airport do Thomson deliver my baggage to my on board cabin door.

As far as I know only on Caribbean cruises. Other ports (Palma, Marmaris and Corfu) you have to collect your baggage at the airport baggage reclaim then take it to the waiting coaches outside the terminal (there are Thomson reps there to direct you). You make sure it's loaded onto the coach and then you are transferred to the port where the luggage is usually lined up dockside for you to identify. You will have been given an envelope which includes sticky labels with your cabin number on - you stick these on your case and then they will be taken on board and delivered to your cabin for you.

Once again, confusion caused by Thomson. We were told the allowance was per party, not individual. Their incompetence is annoying to say the least. Thanks for that, gizzie, I will check it out.

you're welcome did you purchase the extra 5 kilo's each?

you're welcome did you purchase the extra 5 kilo's each?

Yes we did, I know it is expensive but I like to take things for all eventualities. Don't bother quite so much when going to a hotel but when on a cruise you can be caught short. A few years ago in the Med I had to buy a cardigan as we had 3 days of the Mistral wind and it was cold on the ship even during the day. Cost me more than my extra luggage this year :eek: for what I thought was a cheap cardi! I hadn't expected this in July, so now I like to go prepared.

As far as I know only on Caribbean cruises. Other ports (Palma, Marmaris and Corfu) you have to collect your baggage at the airport baggage reclaim then take it to the waiting coaches outside the terminal (there are Thomson reps there to direct you). You make sure it's loaded onto the coach and then you are transferred to the port where the luggage is usually lined up dockside for you to identify. You will have been given an envelope which includes sticky labels with your cabin number on - you stick these on your case and then they will be taken on board and delivered to your cabin for you.

thanks for that kruzseeka. Gadzooks; humping and shifting ones things is not what hols are about. Not like the good old days of AIRTOURS. Whatever next. I suppose next year we will have to carry our bags up the gangway. Mind you, Cunard managed to loose my luggage between dockside and my cabin so that I had to trawl the corridors myself to find my portmanteau. I was not a happy bunny. see you seaside

Archived