Picture-A-Week-2016 - Week 03

pierces

Winter has finally arrived in our area. Usually by now we have had several snow storms and the robins usually leave in October.

Yes, Krazy Kruisers, winter is here. We received more snow today in Central Ohio. Temperatures are going down, very, very low tonight. Will be a low of only about 3F° later tonight!! And for that overnight low, it will have a "wind chill" or "RealFeel" -12F°. AccuWeather says it is now 12F°. See a few visuals below to prove the snow here.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For Athens, Greece, check out this posting with many ideas, tips and exciting visuals for our visiting there and nearby. There have been over 11,418 views on this posting. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101008

These two pictures show that this snow looked pretty and is not too deep. Both of these pictures were shot from our front door, one down down towards the roadway. The second visual is across the ravine towards our neighbor's home. Notice the tracks in the driveway from wife backing out as she went shopping?:

Jan2016PixsA2_zps4bfsx8yw.jpg

Jan2016PixsA3_zpszae5togy.jpg

Outside enjoying the snow this afternoon are our two dogs, 9.5 year old yellow lab, Rudy, and our 12.5 year old black lab, Roxie. It was fun for them today being outside, exploring and getting fresh sniffs!!:

Jan2016PixsA5_zpswdkvymuv.jpg

Jan2016PixsA4_zpsz8rqvfeg.jpg

Terry

I don't think they look too happy -- JMO -- about the snow.

We had a low of 3 this morning with a wind chill of -22. Some very bad accidents -- cars and big rigs caught on fire.

Three school buses in one district wrecked on their way yesterday afternoon to take the children home. With 2 whiteouts in a couple of hours, that district couldn't get extra buses and the students didn't get to leave for home until after 7 PM. Roads everywhere were sheets of ice.

Temperatures are to rise tonight as more snow is on the way.

Yonnie

Jan2016PixsA5_zpswdkvymuv.jpg

Jan2016PixsA4_zpsz8rqvfeg.jpg

Beautiful old pups. We had to put down our 13 year old right before Christmas. It was DH's last physical link to his first wife. He's still upset about it--he'd been thinking it was nearly her time, but it just came suddenly at the end. Enjoy your time with them.

New year, new projects. While testing out my Christmas present from the kids, I was impressed by the gossamer-thin shavings and glassy finish left by a "real" wood plane. Impressed enough to take a photo, obviously.

Close Shave

p1804914330-5.jpg

Dave

Beautiful old pups. We had to put down our 13 year old right before Christmas. It was DH's last physical link to his first wife. He's still upset about it--he'd been thinking it was nearly her time, but it just came suddenly at the end. Enjoy your time with them.

Yes, older dogs can be a challenge. The black lab has been facing some more serious issues and question. The yellow lab is doing very well with lots of energy. Appreciate the mentions and comments.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 133,814 views for this posting.

No winter type weather here - at least not as far as snow and ice go - but we had a decently cooler weekend with highs dipping way down into the low 70s (brrr!) - the upside was clear blue skies and crisp air which made for an amazing day for birding. Visited a more northerly wetlands than my usual local ones (this one is in Wellington, FL) for some different birds, with the A6000 & FE70-200mm lens combo:

Tricolor heron flying very low over his own reflection:

original.jpg

Big sandhill cranes marching through the shallow water like a gang of thugs:

original.jpg

Big wood stork flying through absolutely clear blue skies:

original.jpg

Snowy egret chasing fish around in the water:

original.jpg

Flock of roseated spoonbills flying by in formation:

original.jpg

..the upside was clear blue skies and crisp air which made for an amazing day for birding.

I should go out and snap some stunning shots of our dirty little brown birds and crows....

*Sigh*

Dave

I should go out and snap some stunning shots of our dirty little brown birds and crows....

*Sigh*

Dave

Or, in our part of the country, the constant grey sky, and the ever present crows. Interestingly, I have never photographed a crow.

No winter type weather here - at least not as far as snow and ice go - but we had a decently cooler weekend with highs dipping way down into the low 70s (brrr!) - the upside was clear blue skies and crisp air which made for an amazing day for birding. Visited a more northerly wetlands than my usual local ones (this one is in Wellington, FL) for some different birds, with the A6000 & FE70-200mm lens combo:

Great shots!