TA Perks????

pepsicruiser

I know you can't name names but just want to know if anyone has had any luck finding a TA that gives some decent perks like gratuities or obc. ty

Yes. I booked through an online cruise agency that previously they gave OBC, about 9% of cruisefare but I think it can vary depends on the cruisefare. Lately, they discount the cruisefare, offer free excursion, but don't offer OBC anymore. I need to register with them and log in before I can see their quotes real-time.

I know another TA who specialize in Disney vacation, who don't provide realtime quote online but I have to call them, who I think they don't discount but give OBC. For 2012 cruises the OBC amount is based on length of the cruise and type of cabin. For instance, they give $300 for the 15-nights Hawaii cruise for inside cabin, or $200 for 7-nights Fantasy verandah cabin. For 2013 cruises, it is based on total cruiseprice: $50 OBC for cruisefare between $1000 to $1999; $100 OBC for cruisefare between $2000 to $3000 ... then continue to add $50 for each $1k increase. All these information is on their website so it is public information. Whether they provide further perks, discount or group rate then I don't know.

edit: I have also read on another board that people bought Disney giftcard at Target, paid it using Target's debit (or credit, not sure) card and got 5% discount. Then use the Disney giftcard to pay off the cruise. Essentially you are getting an additional 5% off for the cruise. Not bad IMO. I'm from Canada and we don't have Target so I haven't tried it personally though.

My TA gives me OBC which is related to the price I paid for the cruise. Generally is it about 9%. These are for cruise fares which cannot be discounted due to cruise line policies.

• 2 weeks later...

I just transferred to a TA (He's a friend), I made the last payment through him. The cruise is now payed in full. Should I get a package or anything from Disney? If so what documentation info should I expect and when.

Its the Aug 25th sailing on the Fantasy! should be a fun trip for the family. 5 days, in WDW, Then the cruise.

I just transferred to a TA (He's a friend), I made the last payment through him. The cruise is now payed in full. Should I get a package or anything from Disney? If so what documentation info should I expect and when.

Its the Aug 25th sailing on the Fantasy! should be a fun trip for the family. 5 days, in WDW, Then the cruise.

The package will go to your TA then they will get the package to you.

Archived