Any recent visitors to Lamanai?

FundyGirl

Kathy,

We just did the New River and Laminai excursion February 1st. Enjoyed it very much. We did a ships excusion with Royal Caribbean. About an hour bus ride, then about 1 hour and fifteen minutes on the river with stops to show us animals and flowers. I liked the ruins and my husband climbed to the top of one. We had a luch of chicken, rice, coconut tarts, and pop made by the locals. I was really good. They have a few gift shops there to buy stuff. I waited until we got back to where the boat had originally picked us up to buy wooden items. The will deal with you and one guy signed and dated the items he made. You can also get a cold beer there. The bus ride back was a nice time to relax.

Sue

When you get on the boat for the river portion of the tour , get a seat in front or middle if you can as the engine noise is pretty bad in the last couple of seats. I don't remember if we saw any carvings of elephants, but one we liked was done on two toned wood,it is of birds sitting on the tree, and the birds are done in a complete different color than the tree. Wear sturdy shoes as the paths at the ruins can have some rough spots.

Archived