It's Not Only The Kids Onboard That Need To Learn How To Behave Properley

Paisley Bud

Currently on the second back to back 10 day cruise on Seabourn Encore.

Many posts about behaviour of children on board last week but I must say some of our current so called mature adults need to learn some manners and respect for all other passengers currently on the ship

Sea day today so pool area as you can imagine is extremely busy.

Certain guests sitting in the shade which is not a problem but also trying to hold more sunbeds in the sun at the same times in my view just downright selfish and rude.

And having the audacity to complain about other guests wanting to use sunbeds that they weren't even using well you couldn't make it up really.

For clarity I was not personally involved with the incident but was totally lost for words at their behaviour.

Also see it in Seabourn Square people waiting patiently in line to discuss whatever but there is always someone who is too important to stand and wait their turn.

And don't talk to me about their treatment of the staff when these mature adults don't get their own way.

How sad to see this type of behaviour all to often on this cruise.

We are all very lucky to be able to enjoy these cruises so lets all try and show a little more consideration for each other and indeed the hard working wonderful staff.

We are all on here to enjoy ourselves

Rant over now what can I complain about now?

Edited by Paisley Bud

We too are on-board - and were for the prior segment. I did not witness what you described at the pool, we were at the one on Deck 5, but saw chair hogs there and people taking other people's tables when they walked away for a bit.

Totally agree about some of the rude behavior, last segment there was an older couple who sat near the Sky Bar every day and were downright rude to the waiters and Lance and Daniel.

I personally don't see the problem with sun bed hogs. If i see a sun bed reserved with a towel or personal property that I would like to use I do the following:

1. Check the time on my watch.

2. Give it thirty minutes.

3. If no one shows up to use that sun bed I remove the items being used to save the bed and hand them to the nearest crew member to put in the Lost and Found.

4. Take possession of the sun bed.

5. If person returns later and becomes angry I simply smile and say, "You couldn't possibly have intentionally left your things here to deprive other passengers of the opportunity to use this sun bed. What kind of inconsiderate person would do that and surely you are not an inconsiderate person."

6. Return to my book.

In fairness, on med cruises we don't tend to seek out a sunbed until about 3:30/4pm and then on deck 9 where there is a breeze so on our recent Odyssey cruise, we never had a problem getting a sunbed. However, If you haven't used your sunbed or chair for over 30 minutes then someone else should be allowed to use it, particularly on Encore where there aren't enough to go round. Personally, I would ask a member of staff to move belongings just in case something goes missing/ gets broken. I believe other cruise lines are much hotter at ousting the chair hogs but as we all know, the Seabourn staff hate to offend so therefore it is less likely that they would take it upon themselves to clear belongings unless asked to do so.

I was up on deck 10 taking photos one morning at 6:30am and saw a person putting towels bags and shoes (requiring several trips to do this) on 4 deck chairs, 2 in the sun and 2 in the shade. They then disappeared, not to be seen again while I was there. It did not concern me as I was happy to be on my balcony but it do feel sorry for the others who wish to use the deck and to the crew who are put in the unenviable position to have to monitor it.

Note to all hotel managers:

Please set out strategically spaced eco-friendly and logo-ed green plastic containers bearing signage- "Receptacle for passenger and crew use. Please dispose of sunglasses, books, hats and other paraphernalia left unattended for more than 20 minutes".

That should do it. The Herald already states the rationale for using deckchairs and where the Lost and Found department is located.

Here we have a plan. No more doubt about deckside operations. And I bet that within a day of full scale operation there will be fewer offending cases and calm reestablished for the benefit of all of Seabourn guests.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Paisley, the most shocking thing I heard recently was of an individual I know of who was taking a stag party on a SB cruise. I just couldn't help but feel dreadful for the poor passengers who have to put up with that in the med this summer.

It does not follow that a "stag do" will be disruptive or those involved badly behaved.

The most recent I attended was 8 gentlemen dining at Le Gavroche, no kiss me quick hats in sight.

That I agree, however I am pretty sure that this one will be!

As you know those involved then I agree poor crew.

We did one trip immediately after a charter, the crew had been run ragged for a week by a group of Dutch, one common trick had been to order room service breakfast and tick every item on the form, what a waste.

Nelson from the Sky Bar on the Quest is very good at taking any personal items left on sun beds if they aren't attended after half an hour or so, and very good in general really at picking up towels and keeping things ship shape. Makes it so much better for everyone and hopefully gets the message across to the sun bed hoggers...

Sent from my iPad using Forums