When to buy the All Inclusive Drinks Package?

Milltowngirl

Was on the Fascinosa 2 years ago and due to advice on CC, booked the drinks package online before sailing so avoiding the additional 15% service charge. However although I booked the package in advance online, it was simply 'reserved' and added to onboard account and paid for at end of the cruise.

Just booked to go on the Pacifica in October. logged into website to book drinks package again and they now seem to require a credit card payment when booking. Is there anyway to reserve now but have payment added to onboard account? That way Im guessing it will earn costa club points? Other alternative is to book onboard but does this still attract the additional service charge?

If anyone has booked / travelled recently and can advise it would be appreciated.

Thanks

There is no difference in the All Inclusive package price if you buy it before leaving or onboard, the price is €23.50 (until October 2014) for both including service charge.

If you book anything pre-cruise, i.e. drinks, excursions etc. then these have to be paid in full before the cruise.

The All Inclusive will bring 18 osta Club points pro tag.

Hi,

This was changed so that all purchases made before sailing are paid up front, drinks packages/wine & excursions.

You can book and pay for your package up to five days (complete) before your sailing date, you still will get your points and discount.

It is better to purchase before going rather than once on board as there have been some cruises NOT selling the AI once on board.

It is still the best all inclusive deal in cruising, as on-board prices rise.

On the Pacifica in Feb certainly one of the nicest ships of the Costa fleet and we have just competed our 25th one with them.

Thanks both, will definitely buy, agree its such good value compared to most ships packages, although have to say I think I prefer MSC package - better beer & more choice of draft beer for OH and more cocktails I like - but Costa won out this year on itinerary and cruise cost (late deal special)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
Hi,

This was changed so that all purchases made before sailing are paid up front, drinks packages/wine & excursions.

You can book and pay for your package up to five days (complete) before your sailing date, you still will get your points and discount.

It is better to purchase before going rather than once on board as there have been some cruises NOT selling the AI once on board.

It is still the best all inclusive deal in cruising, as on-board prices rise.

On the Pacifica in Feb certainly one of the nicest ships of the Costa fleet and we have just competed our 25th one with them.

Seems to have changed back.. Now you just seem to get it added to your calendar and you pay at the end

There is no service charge on the AI package, its simple to purchase when you get on board, its added to the room account.

In the main reception area, there is a table with a guy doing just what you need. Alternatively, head to any of the bars as we do and they do it before you buy your first drink. Some bars can add the AI to your card some not. In which case you have to go to the reception.

be warned if you buy it before you get on. We ordered it one year on line, it was on our paperwork but wasn't noted on the cards in our room. Which led to us being offered different wine at dinner....at increased cost. From then on we do it on ship.

(There is a post on this somewhere, I did it after we returned explaining our difficulties!).