Rima's Beachwear Shop

gskline

We stopped there on our tour with Bernard last Spring. I thought it was a complete waste of time. It was basically a huge souvenir shop with the same tacky stuff they have everywhere, just with their island name on it. My daughter bought some cheap key chains to take to her pre-school class. Couldn't get me and DH out of their quick enough!

We stopped there last week on tour with Bernard's as well. I thought it was a fun stop and thought the prices were great. Yes, it is a basic, tacky souvenir shop but thought it was a great place to pick up a few items to bring home.

We went there a couple of weeks ago while we were staying in St. Maarten. We loved it. Very good prices, lots to choose from (check out both rooms) and a fun place to look around. Even my husband was impressed and that really says something!

We stopped there on tour with Bernards. I felt it was a total waste of time. Really tacky stuff. Thats fine if you are into that kind of stuff, I am not. DW did get a nice colorful sun dress though. What I found very strange was they did not sell t-shirts.

We stopped there on tour with Bernards. I felt it was a total waste of time. Really tacky stuff. Thats fine if you are into that kind of stuff, I am not. DW did get a nice colorful sun dress though. What I found very strange was they did not sell t-shirts.

I think that explains Rima's pretty well.

We go there a couple of times every stay. We like the place a lot. If you have to sacrifice 30 minutes out of your limited cruise to visit then you'll just have to decide if that's what you want to do.

My friend kal has a couple of Rima's photos posted over on his website.

Rima's 1.

Rima's 2.

gary

We also stop in a couple times during our three week vacations. We find inexpensive gifts for back home and they have a selection of sun screens that we like, at a fair price. We also see a small place on Front Street that actually beats Rimas in price, for many of the same tourist items - Rimas is not always the cheapest, but you can't beat their selection.

Everywhere on the island! On the French side you could possibly receive some euro change, but on our recent three week visit we didn't end up with anything but US change - I think that was a first.

They have lots of inexpensive (not cheap) clothing & cover-ups, cheap souvenirs, some tacky stuff, GREAT maps of the island ($12.95), and a friendly staff.

I found a hat there that I wanted but didn't buy it as I figured we had plenty of other islands to find it (EVERY island sells the same "homemade" or "local" stuff). The hat was 60% of the cost anywhere else. I never got it on our cruise but my dad found one for me, at twice the price, is Florida.

Don't like to shop? Have a cold one while waiting on others to shop!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

The little shop we like is called "Look Me Up" and is located on the water side of Front Street, to the right of the middle of town (facing the water) - just beyond the church and school. He doesn't have near the selection as Rima's, but we enjoy his great prices. Sometimes we park near Rima's, shop there, then walk pretty well directly to Front Street, coming out near the store. There are lots of little stores all along Front Street and it's fun checking them out. During our annual winter vacation in St. Martin we always enjoy shopping in Philipsburg, as a break from the beach. You will have lots of fun there!

Archived