Still No Reply From Randi !!!!!

CruisnMom007

I made reservations with Randi's Happy Horses back in April 04 and here we are only 3-4 weeks till we sail and I have yet to hear back with a confirmation # !!! I called and left a message....I have emailed again today.

What the heck do we do???? My kids are going to be sooooo dissappointed if we don't get to do this excursion.

Thanks

I would do a few things, if you did send her an e mail give it until tomorrow. Have you any correspondence with Randi? She does not give reservation numbers (at least we didn't get any last March), if you have anything on an e-mail that stated you will be on the ride....you will be on it. Are you on your roll call board for your cruise? If so have you asked others if they are going? If not, I suggest you try to find it and check in with your fellow sailors.

We found Randi to be a real "hoot", she is very laid back, has her bookings in alittle notebook. Again, if you have instructions on how/where to meet her and have talked in the past, relax.....am sure you will be Ok.

That is the problem....I never heard back from her after I did the reservation portion on her website and again after emailing her directly. So today I did the same things as before plus a phone call! My kids were looking so forward to this and when I noticed others saying they received emails from her I got a bit worried.

We rode with Randi last Feb and had no problem with reserv. I emailed her for info once or twice and finally made reserv by email. I think she just emailed back "ok". She is very laid back and low key. Hey, that's why she lives in Mexico!!

tinydancer...what did she send you when you made reservations?? can you forward it to me? Maybe I am not finding it in my files..oats4@aol.com

Thanks!

She just sent me an email back that said, Hi, thank you and that she'd be waiting for us with her pink signs, it was very informal, but personal. :)

CruisnMom007

I heard back from Randi today. She sent you another response (third one) - they keep getting rejected. I have to admit, it could be an AOL problem. I have seen more problems with them! They like to kick back emails for no reason which is one reason why I left them several years ago. She tried again today, so hopefully you get her answer. I emailed her back to see if you do, in fact have reservations. You can also try to reach her here: http://www.cruisemexico.org.

Hey Morriscats! I can't believe its only 24 more days!!!!!!!

Do you have a son traveling who is about 12 or 13? We also have our daughter who is now 15. They love meeting new friends.

We are excited for Randi's horses and then in PV the kids are doing the Dolphin Swim and we will watch. Then we plan to go play at that water park they have there at the Dolphin park.

What all are you doing?

Cruisnmom007

CruisenMom,

No, the grandsons are 9 and 7. Grandaughters are 15 and 11. They are so excited about riding the horses - Randi said she could even hook them up with a banana boat (whatever that is). Suitcases are out - can't wait.

Grandaughter Heather is 15 - and I told her she should at least go to the first night when the teens meet - she is nervous because there is no organized "club" for that age group. Is your daughter going to that meeting. Maybe we could set up a place and time for the girls to meet - she lives in Fairfield and both girls are traveling with Papa and I. DD and SIL are bringing the boys!

MORRISCATS:

Oh yeah my daughter is going to the first meet n greet that night.

Her name is Ashley.

I remember the last cruise 2 yrs ago we took the kids on, she was only 13 at the time and she didn't want to go with a bunch of "strangers"...we told her she should atleast give it a try. She swore she wouldln't meet anyone who would be nice or want to have fun...AH HA.....She came back to check in with us...with about 4 other girls at her side and said..."we are going to the dance club can I stay out till midnight?"

SHE WAS HAVING A BLAST! She ended up making a life time friend from this group who lives about 35 minutes from us and we became very close to the girls parents as well..to this day we talk just about everyday and get together often.

My son can make friends in a flash too. He is a very young 12 yr old. The younger kids love him! lol

You can email me at Oats4@aol.com

Morriscats:

ONLY 15 DAYS!!!!

Are you staying in Long Beach the day before?

We only live here in Whittier, but I always like to get a hotel the day before so we could kick off the vacation a day earlier and be totally relaxed and ready to go stress free. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown as they have the park and cruise package.

We are staying there too - wow. The girls and us are going to Universal Studios on Saturday but I bet we don't close the park so will give the girls a chance to meet Sat. night. We plan on being at the Queen Mary right a 9AM for the early check in, then to the embarcation line to be on ASAP.

Karen

WOW that is a neat coincidence! We definitly will have the girls meet ahead.

We too are getting up early for that early check in!! We will probably be on the same shuttle!

You will like Universal Studios. We have the annual passes so we go fairly often. The kids were just there last week as they had ticket to the Teen Choice Awards.

Send me your email address and I will forward pics of our kids.

Ashley is very excited now after I just told her that your granddaughter Heather will be not only on our cruise, but at our hotel. Plus Randi's horses.! In PV the kids are going to do the dolphin swim and we will watch.

Where is Heather coming in from again?

Ashley is a good girl, very mature and responsible for her age. She may look like she is 17....but she is barely 15.

Don't forget walkie talkies for the kids! We use them all the time and on the ship their great and a comfort to be able to reach them when they are off on their own groups.

We are really getting excited....my dh keeps asking me everyday.."is it time?"lol

Heather's middle name is Ashley. She is a great kid, honor roll student. I was showing her and her sis Nikki, 11, the thread about kids running wild on Carnival and told her I had no worries about that and I know I won't. Very responsible - not just Nana talking either. My email is bluesongbird3@aol.com - put something to ID you in the subject as we do get lots of spam. I told Heather about your daughter and she is excited to meet -

Karen

OOOOHHH Fairfield CA ! Yeah there are lots of Fairfields across the US.

Your up in Napa correct? We have family in Chico...San Leandro and Paso Robles. Kinda up in your neck of the woods.

Ashley is excited to meet Heather too. What are Heathers hobbies? Ashley plays tennis on the JV team at school. She is always on her phone and likes music and movies.

Next question.....where are you all located on board? We are on the Empress deck in E-6232/ aft I believe.

As soon as we got on board and locate our cabin the kids want to go to Mermaids Grille for lunch.

This ship is so big! We went to see her when she was in port a few Sunday's ago. Big difference from Ecstasy and Holiday!! I am pulling in the suit cases today to begin getting the little essentials that I don't want to forget.

DON'T FORGET YOUR INSECT REPELLANT with 95% DEET...

Long Beach has been hit with West Nile plus I remember the last time we were in PV, I was eaten alive!!

I will email you pics of my kiddos today.

Oh...as for the kids running wild...I know it happens.

The only time I saw kids running wild on our last cruise was when they had this organized scavenger hunt. The entire crew was involved with the kids. It was neat! I tell ya they really looked like they were having a lot of fun. I think its mostly the young boys...they get so excited they forget there are others onboard with them! lol

I am having my son make me a "rules" list ( I saw this idea on another thread).

Then there are some parents who just don't care what their kids do. I did have one kid last time take me for a "ride" in the glass elevator up and down and I finally had to tell him, ok , I need off now....go find your parents now....

OH....when is your dinner? We did the late seating again so that we aren't rushed when in port. I like to take my time getting ready! We did the early dinner one time and it was really hard for the kids. Plus with eating all day long...they weren't hungry yet at 5 or so. The 8pm was perfect for a cruise schedule. On the late seating we still made all the shows and we weren't rushed at dinner time by the dining staff , like we were at the early.

Archived