Do you have a Ship on a Stick??

BarbaraSails

And if so, please post a pic of said Ship on a Stick and tell which game/contest won.

After 10 Carnival cruises and on my recent 11th this past October on the Triumph, I finally got my first Ship on a Stick!! I tell you, I was quite excited. :D

I had played only a couple of the games on board previous cruises, but I always wished I had one. This last cruise, at the insistence of my friend, Fab, I reluctantly played along and did the "Digital Scavenger Hunt" with her. (Honestly, :o I didn't want to do it, but since it seemed so important to her, I did)..

And we WON!!! :eek:After running around the ship for about 20 minutes snapping photos, WE WON! It was only when I was standing next to one of the Cruise Director Staff turning in our sheet and photos did I realize what the prize was!! It had not even occurred to me! Boy! I did I get excited!!!

So, here we are, the proud winners of the 10/11/10 Triumph cruise Digital Scavenger Hunt! (I'm on the left) :D

255rp85.jpg

Tell your story and post your pic if you have one available!!:D

I have two. My FIRST ship on a stick came from a trivia contest..

Several weeks before our Freedom cruise, one of our roll call members contacted a Moderator here about a CC get together on board. This particular moderator got in touch with Wee Jimmy, and he put together a fun little meet and greet at the Piano bar one afternoon. Greg played some Billy Joel, We played a few games, had a few laughs, and got to meet some of the entertainment staff, including the lighting director, and the lead dancer. ( I'm refraining from names to protect the innocent!). I came home with my ship on a stick, and proudly presented it to our 12yr old daughter..calling it her 'Caribbean snowglobe' ( she collects them, but seriously? A snowglobe in Cozumel?)

The second one came by 'dishonestly'...well.. We were passing thru the piano bar just as Greg was setting up for his evening set. It had been Greg who had been on the Freedom the year before, and it was nice to see him again on the Miracle. Our now 13yr old daughter was with us that night, and I innocently spied a ship on a stick at the end of the piano. We got to talking, told Greg about last years win and the snowglobe story..also let him know that this was her first cruise...Greg reached over and handed the ship to Caity! His group had won second place in Quest the night before....

so, there you have it.. my ship on a stick stories!

LastSeadays014.jpg

I have LOTS and hope to continue adding to my collection (I am counting them now cuz there are here my office at work: 7 ship on a stick trophies and 2 medals).

My goal on each cruise is to come home with one (and now you can see how showing up at work without one would be very embarrassing?). The sooner I 'win' it the more I can relax and not stress out! But I do love trivia games so that's where you'll find me trying to score another solid gold plastic ship on a stick! :D

My first cruise on the Miracle in 2008, I was determined to win a ship on a stick! We went to almost every trivia game, every event, but it just wasn't meant to be.

The last sea day was my birthday and my friend gave me this big "Birthday Girl" pin to wear. We got in the elevator with one of the Fun Staff, (can't recall his name, young with an australian accent) and he said "are you having a happy birthday?" I said it could be happier, he said, How, I answered I wanted a ship on a stick for my birthday.

He reached into the bag he was holding, pulled on out and said "Happier Birthday"!

Congrats! You do look very happy to have won :)

Is the only way to get a ship-on-a-stick by winning a game? Can souvenir ships be purchased on the cruise ship?

Are there lots of different games to play to be able to possible win one?

As far as I know, the only way to get one is to win one (or get a happier birthday one!). You cannot buy them.

Is the only way to get a ship-on-a-stick by winning a game? Can souvenir ships be purchased on the cruise ship?

We have won at least one from our four Carnival cruises - all from trivia. If we win more than one on a cruise, we give them away - so no, winning is not the only way you can get them - just got to hang out with the right people :).

We'll see if we can get one from the Glory next - not holding out much hope though since it is the Blogger's cruise :o

Have 5 of them, 4 from Carnival and 1 from RCCL.

Try to get one for each ship we go on but did not manage it on the Liberty so will have to go back.

All of my ships come from trivia contests. Have no desire to collect medals so either trade two medals in for a ship on a stick or give it to a little kid.

I have two. My FIRST ship on a stick came from a trivia contest..

Several weeks before our Freedom cruise, one of our roll call members contacted a Moderator here about a CC get together on board. This particular moderator got in touch with Wee Jimmy, and he put together a fun little meet and greet at the Piano bar one afternoon. Greg played some Billy Joel, We played a few games, had a few laughs, and got to meet some of the entertainment staff, including the lighting director, and the lead dancer. ( I'm refraining from names to protect the innocent!). I came home with my ship on a stick, and proudly presented it to our 12yr old daughter..calling it her 'Caribbean snowglobe' ( she collects them, but seriously? A snowglobe in Cozumel?)

The second one came by 'dishonestly'...well.. We were passing thru the piano bar just as Greg was setting up for his evening set. It had been Greg who had been on the Freedom the year before, and it was nice to see him again on the Miracle. Our now 13yr old daughter was with us that night, and I innocently spied a ship on a stick at the end of the piano. We got to talking, told Greg about last years win and the snowglobe story..also let him know that this was her first cruise...Greg reached over and handed the ship to Caity! His group had won second place in Quest the night before....

so, there you have it.. my ship on a stick stories!

LastSeadays014.jpg

Cuuuuuuuuute!!!! :D:D

Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks butterfly...:)

I do not believe they can be purchased.

Quite an array of games they play for a possible win of Ships on a Stick...just have fun on your cruise and play any and all games possible! :D Sometimes they give medals though or bottles of champagne. I have a medal, no champagne. But my favorite is the Ship on a Stick! :D

I have LOTS and hope to continue adding to my collection (I am counting them now cuz there are here my office at work: 7 ship on a stick trophies and 2 medals).

My goal on each cruise is to come home with one (and now you can see how showing up at work without one would be very embarrassing?). The sooner I 'win' it the more I can relax and not stress out! But I do love trivia games so that's where you'll find me trying to score another solid gold plastic ship on a stick! :D

SEVEN (7)??!!! :eek: You ROCK!!! :D I aspire to be you!!! :D

He reached into the bag he was holding, pulled on out and said "Happier Birthday"!

Now that was very nice! Lucky you!!

I never gave any thought about having a ship on a stick on any cruises. Then I happened to join a trivia contest and actually won one on the Legend back in May. Also got a medal that cruise too. I was determined to get another ship on a stick when I was on the Splendor last month, and got one the last night of the cruise.

SEVEN (7)??!!! :eek: You ROCK!!! :D I aspire to be you!!! :D

Thanks! I do like my trivia! I actually got 2 on my last cruise - one playing Scattergories I think? And the other was a 'gift' from cruise Director Tex. At the past guest party the gentleman who won the door prize did not speak english (only French). So Tex asked if there was anyone that could translate from french to english - so I raised my hand - got to go up on the stage and 'help out' and so I was rewarded with another ship on a stick! YAAY (you can check out the 'whole story' and pics in my review link below near my signature!).

Yeah, we have a few... Trivia is my game!!

sub003.jpg

:D

Host Mach!! I must admit and should have in my initial post...you are my inspiration for making the thread! After I saw this pic you posted earlier in another thread it reminded me of my treasured Ship on a Stick so I decided to make this post. :D THANK YOU FOR THE INSPIRATION!! :D And congrats on your 5 ships!!! :eek: :D

Archived