Lamanai Ruins in the rain

YadaGirl

The Weather forecast in Belize just about always calls for rain. It rains somewhere in Belize sometimes for a few minutes or hours. It might also call for sun,. Then a shower breaks out from no ware. Unless there is a tropical storm forecasted you cant predict rain for a particular area outside of a day or two.

wade is right. it rains there regularly but usually not enough to ruin the trip. we were there a few weeks ago and had a cloudy morning and perfect afternoon. just a suggestion, take a rain poncho, bug spray or wipes, bottled water. if i had it to do again i would absolutely take a stadium cushion as both the bus and boat seats were very hard. its a must do excursion.

We were there in 2011. Before we left home, I had checked the weather forecast for our cruise and it said rain. The day we were in Belize started cloudy. We had packed collapsible umbrellas which I carried in my backpack. When we got to the site, the ground was already muddy from a previous rain shower. Since the path is over uneven ground that it rocky in places, it was a slippery. Some women in our group were wearing sandals and flip flops. Not a good idea! They had a terrible time sliding around, bumping their toes, and getting their feet dirty.

It started raining after a few minutes. We pulled out our umbrellas and apparently were the only ones in the group that came prepared. Fortunately, there was a pavilion not too far away and our guide quickly directed our group to run for it. After a few minutes, the rain stopped just as quickly as it had started, and the tour continued.

The tour was well worth it in my opinion. Just be prepared and you will be fine. You might enjoy seeing a slide show my wife made for her website with some of the pictures she took. The link below will take you there.

Lamanai shore excursion

Edited by JimAOk1945

We went in the drizzle and the only problem was some slippery blocks. I still climbed. We wear sneakers and carry rain pants (REI's cheapest) and didn't have problems. The lunch was wonderful. As others have said Central America can be wet. Make sure you visit the shops. They are fun.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Lamanai tour a few years ago in the rain. It was uncomfortably chilly on the boat ride to the ruins. We didn't even notice the rain at the ruins, and they were fantastic, but the trip there was miserable. I would definitely pack a waterproof jacket or poncho if we were going to do this tour again.