Parking - Brooklyn Pier ?

Jimjam

Yes they do have parking at $18 @ day and it is a few hundred feet from the terminal so no need for transportation. It is flat and well laid out with a nice sidewalk around the front of the ship. Drop off the passengers and baggage then drive into the lot and walk back. :)

They do have bus service.... here is the Princess article

Princess Introduces New Transportation Option to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

Northeast Area Passengers Can Leave Their Cars at Home and Travel To and From Their Ship in Comfort with New Motorcoach Routes

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (September 7, 2006) - Travelers from the Northeast sailing aboard Princess ships from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal next summer will enjoy a convenient new transportation option to get to and from their ship as the company introduces a pre- and post-cruise motorcoach transfer service from a variety of Northeast locations.

The new service begins in May 2007 for passengers sailing aboard Crown Princess' summer Caribbean cruises from Brooklyn, and continues through the ship's Canada/New England fall cruises. Four unique roundtrip routes serve all the major metropolitan areas in the Northeast, including the Baltimore/Washington, D.C. area; eastern Pennsylvania; Massachusetts; and the Connecticut/Providence, Rhode Island area.

"A traveler's vacation can start that much sooner with this new service because passengers can relax on the way to their ship without worry about driving or parking at the cruise terminal," said Jan Swartz, Princess' senior vice president of customer service and sales. "The program offers competitive rates and a convenient schedule that will make cruising from Brooklyn even more attractive to local passengers."

Princess' Northeast Motorcoach program includes four routes. The first travels from Washington, D.C. to Baltimore; Wilmington, Delaware; Philadelphia and Burlington, New Jersey. Route two runs through Pennsylvania, departing from Harrisburg and traveling to Lancaster, Reading, Allentown and Easton. The third route begins in Boston, with subsequent stops in Worcester and Springfield, Massachusetts and Hartford, Connecticut. The fourth itinerary departs from Providence, RI and travels through Connecticut with stops in New London, New Haven and Bridgeport. All routes operate in reverse as well for the post-cruise return home.

Princess' Northeast Motorcoach Service is available from May 12 to October 13, 2007. All routes feature comfortable, air-conditioned motorcoaches and can accommodate wheelchair passengers with prior notification. Roundtrip fares for the Northeast Motorcoach Program range between $100 and $155 per person, depending on pickup location. Additional information about the new motorcoach program is available through a professional travel agent or by calling 1-800-PRINCESS.

We live right off route 73.We drove up in September and it was not a bad drive. It took about 90 minutes. I stopped at AAA and got a Trip Tip that brought us right to the ship.

We dropped our bags off at the front door and then parked very closeby.There was plenty of parking and it appeared to be safe.

When we left we had a porter bring our luggage right to our car and we were home in 90 minutes. Hopefully we will be doing it again in either May or September...

Being from south jersey, Cherry Hill, we are considering driving to and parking at the pier in Brooklyn. Is parking availalbe?

Also, does Princess offer any kind of bus service to pier like Holland America ?

Thanks

We are from Long Island but came into Brooklyn from my son's home in Connecticut. We took Connecticut Limo. They picked us up and dropped us off at a reasonable rate. They were even accomodating when we had the change of schedule due to the tilt.

I don't know if Conn. Limo serves New Jersey. It serves Westchester. Maybe NJ has a limo service similar to this.

Have a wonderful time.

We are thinking of picking up a cruise last minute in the summer/fall on the Crown. We'll be driving down from Ontario. What we'd like to do is drive directly to the Pier, drop the car, and then take a cab back into Manhatten for a couple of nights, following which we'd cab back to the Pier for the cruise.

Does anyone know if this is okay? The cost of parking in Manhatten would far exceed $18 per day, but more to the point is that we do NOT want to drive in Manhatten! We'd much rather cross directly into Brooklyn and leave the car there.

I'm just not sure if you can leave your car there for a couple of days PRIOR to the cruise starting. Does anyone know?:confused:

We are thinking of picking up a cruise last minute in the summer/fall on the Crown. We'll be driving down from Ontario. What we'd like to do is drive directly to the Pier' date=' drop the car, and then take a cab back into Manhatten for a couple of nights, following which we'd cab back to the Pier for the cruise.

Does anyone know if this is okay? The cost of parking in Manhatten would far exceed $18 per day, but more to the point is that we do NOT want to drive in Manhatten! We'd much rather cross directly into Brooklyn and leave the car there.

I'm just not sure if you can leave your car there for a couple of days PRIOR to the cruise starting. Does anyone know?:confused:[/quote']

Not sure what you mean by booking last minute, but just in case, remember you must book at least a couple of weeks in advance for the cruise. :)

We too will be traveling from S. Jersey next summer to the Brooklyn pier. we have been thinking about getting a limo rather than driving up ourselves. We are one of two families that are going together. I got a kick out of some of the earlier messages on this thread, as I am from Cherry Hill and now live off RT 73 in Marlton.

We too will be traveling from S. Jersey next summer to the Brooklyn pier. we have been thinking about getting a limo rather than driving up ourselves. We are one of two families that are going together. I got a kick out of some of the earlier messages on this thread, as I am from Cherry Hill and now live off RT 73 in Marlton.

Hi Neighbor

I probably just past by your neighborhood on my way home from AC..If you find a limo service could you let me know. We had considered it in September but I didn't know where to start looking. If we do leave from Red Hook again chances we wil drive since it was so easy. I am just curious as to what is a available...

My understanding is the lot is secured and there is no access to it when there is no ship in port...

Thank you. That is exactly what I was afraid of. I was just thinking (hoping!!) that we would be granted access if we had cruise tickets we could produce and left the car there the entire time.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for us? We definitely want to stay in Manhatten, but REALLY don't want to drive in Manhatten!

Thank you. That is exactly what I was afraid of. I was just thinking (hoping!!) that we would be granted access if we had cruise tickets we could produce and left the car there the entire time.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for us? We definitely want to stay in Manhatten' date=' but REALLY don't want to drive in Manhatten![/quote']

You could check the port schedule and see if another ship might be in port the day you want to arrive -- the Queen Mary used Red Hook last summer but I don't know which ships are set for this year. By the way, we also drove to the pier last August and were really impressed by the ease of parking.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for us? We definitely want to stay in Manhatten, but REALLY don't want to drive in Manhatten!

You could park at one of the airport lots outside the city and take a cab or public transportation into the city.This would probably be time consuming and would also involve schleping your luggage all over town.

Driving in NYC can be very intimidating but it can be done. Use patience, caution and a good map and you should be ok...

You could park at one of the airport lots outside the city and take a cab or public transportation into the city.This would probably be time consuming and would also involve schleping your luggage all over town.

Driving in NYC can be very intimidating but it can be done. Use patience, caution and a good map and you should be ok...

Actually I have a much simpler way for you. There is an indoor secure lot at the corner of Atlantic Avenue and Court Street in Brooklyn(in the building called Court House-its where Avis has its office). Its $20.00 per day to park. Park there take a cab or subway back to Manhattan and then take a cab back the day of the cruise and its 10 minutes tops from the Brooklyn cruise terminal. Its inside and I haven't heard anything negative about it(when it snows I sometimes park my car there instead of on the streets)...

If this is what you will do let me know and I'll give you more specific directions(the entrance is on Atlantic Avenue and you want to make a right on Boerum Place to Atlantic...)

maybe you could use airport parking,then cab it to manhatten,cab back and then park in cruise parkinglot?,was thinking you wouldnt be in manhatten but in between,anyway just a thought im sure youll come up with something thats feasible,;)

• 1 month later...

Archived