Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Cayman Islands

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old January 30th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default snorkel and island tour in Grand Cayman

I am trying to arrange a snorkel and island tour in Grand Cayman from Splendor of the Seas on 2/21/05. I have emailed Soto's and they emailed me back, stating that they were not open yet after the hurricane. Also tried Nativeway, but they have not responded to emails, Any other options? I would like to go to stingray city and snorkel then to Hell and somewhere to buy rum cakes, then maybe some beach time. I would love to hear any sugestions.

Old January 30th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

You will be in Grand Cayman the day before us.

I have booked with Captain Marvin, you can check out their website at CaptainMarvins.com.

They offer exactly what you are looking for(Snorkel/StingRay City and a visit to Hell, etc).

They were very quick to get back to me via email.

Hope this helps.
Stacy

Old January 30th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question

Thanks for the prompt response. Does anyone know where the rum cakes are found? Are they everywhere near the cruise dock or do you have to go to a rum factory?

Old January 30th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

From what I have been reading, it looks like there won't be any trouble finding the Rum Cake Shops. It looks like a Tortuga Rum shop will be within walking distance of the ship pier.

Old February 28th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Captain Marvin, that sounds like the tour for us. I hope they leave late enough in the day for us. We are on the Valor in July
Susan

Past Cruises:
NCL Seaward, RCCL Sovereign of the Seas, Carnival Ecstasy-2, RCCL Majesty of the Seas, Carnival Fantasy-2, Nordic Empress, Carnival Destiny-2, Carnival Inspiration, HAL Veendam, Dawn Princess, HAL Maasdam, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Valor-2, Disney Wonder, Carnival Pride-2, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Fascination, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas, RCCL Voyager of the Seas, Carnival Sensation, RCCL Mariner of the Seas, RCCL Grandeur of the Seas, RCCL Monarch of the Seas, RCCL Jewel of the Seas, NCL Sky, NCL Pearl, Carnival Dream, RCCL Freedom of the Seas, Carnival Splendor, RCCL Independence of the Seas, Carnival Legend, Norwegian Sun, Carnival Breeze