Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Fabulous February 2011 NCL Spirit Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old August 1st, 2011, 07:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Here we are! It's the Fabulous Spirit fun people!

Here's our new forum! I think they'll be moving our old posts over here. At least we won't be shut down now!

Carnival Dream - 5-18-14 - Western Caribbean 7 day (Roatan, Belize, Cozumel)
NCL Sun - 2-13-14 - Southern Caribbean 11 day
(Aruba, Barbados, Curaçao, Guadaloupe, St. Thomas)
Carnival Triumph - 12-7-13 - Western Caribbean 5 day
(Progreso, Cozumel)
NCL Star - 2-10-13 - Western Caribbean 7 day (Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, Cozumel)
Carnival Triumph - 11-5-12 - Western Caribbean 5 day (Progreso, Cozumel)
RCI Freedom of the Seas - 4-8-12 - Eastern Caribbean 7 day (CocoCay, St. Maarten, St. Thomas)
NCL Spirit - 2-12-12 - Western Caribbean 7 day (Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, Cozumel)
NCL Spirit - 2-13-11 - Western Caribbean 7 day (Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, Cozumel)
Carnival Ecstacy - long time ago - Western Caribbean 4 day (Cozumel)

Old August 1st, 2011, 09:09 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Woo-hoo! Karen, you're my hero!

Old August 1st, 2011, 09:12 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

And - we must have some beloved lurkers already! 17 views? We'd like to get to know you. Some of our favorite posters haven't cruised with us... yet...

Old August 1st, 2011, 09:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena B View Post
And - we must have some beloved lurkers already! 17 views?
That's because they know we're the FUN people!!!!

(Progreso, Cozumel)
NCL Star - 2-10-13 - Western Caribbean 7 day (Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, Cozumel)
RCI Freedom of the Seas - 4-8-12 - Eastern Caribbean 7 day (CocoCay, St. Maarten, St. Thomas)
NCL Spirit - 2-12-12 - Western Caribbean 7 day (Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, Cozumel)
NCL Spirit - 2-13-11 - Western Caribbean 7 day (Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, Cozumel)

Last edited by 3dogsrule; August 1st, 2011 at 09:55 PM.

Old August 1st, 2011, 10:26 PM
5,000+ Club

Thanks Karen for setting this up. They didn't move our old posts over to our new area when my Explorer thread got shut down, but we had over 9,000 posts, so it was a huge thread.

Donna, we are driving from Provo to Vernal up through the canyons on Sunday evening, the 21st. How far of a drive is it for you to get to Heber or Park City? We're going through Heber and Park City is not too far out of the way.

As of right now, we are planning on going to a pre-band thing for freshmen and their parents with Scott on Sunday evening, but maybe we will leave in the afternoon and stop by to see you on our way to Heber.
Next Cruise - NCL Sun Dec 14, 2014 - Western Caribbean
Norwegian Sun - Feb 13 - 24 - Southern Caribbean Photo book - 1st half
Norwegian Dawn - B2B, Boston to Quebec City to Boston - Sept 27 - Oct 11, 2013 Trip Photos
Norwegian Sky - Surprise Bahamas Trip - Oct 29 - Nov 2, 2012 Photo Book
Norwegian Star - NYC to Bermuda May 13-20, 2012
Norwegian Spirit - Western Caribbean from NOLA - March 20-27, 2011 Pre-Cruise NOLA Photobook
Norwegian Sky - Bahamas - March 29-April 2, 2010 Photo Book
Explorer of the Seas - Caribbean - March 15 - 27, 2009
Sovereign of the Seas - Bahamas-Aug 13-17, 2007
Sapphire Princess - Alaska - June 24-July 1, 2006
Disney Wonder - Bahamas - March 2004

Ad Sponsored By
Old August 1st, 2011, 10:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Heroine!

19 Past Cruises - 1 each Princess, Holland America, Celebrity; 2 Carnival!!
14 NCL!!

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old August 1st, 2011, 10:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Not the drug! Female Hero! Heroine!

14 NCL!!

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old August 2nd, 2011, 01:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYearsBaby View Post
Not the drug! Female Hero! Heroine!

Di, You're correct! Karen is a true Heroine! I could get addicted to that girl.

NCL Spirit Western Caribbean Valentine Cruise 2/11
NCL Jewell, Southern Caribbean 2/08
NCL Star, Mexican Riviera 2/06
NCL Norway, Eastern Caribbean Christmas Cruise 12/01
Seabreeze, Western Caribbean 2/99
Carnival, Mexican Riviera 3/94
Crown Jewel, Caribbean 3/92

Old August 2nd, 2011, 01:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwalaska View Post
Thanks Karen for setting this up. They didn't move our old posts over to our new area when my Explorer thread got shut down, but we had over 9,000 posts, so it was a huge thread.

Donna, we are driving from Provo to Vernal up through the canyons on Sunday evening, the 21st. How far of a drive is it for you to get to Heber or Park City? We're going through Heber and Park City is not too far out of the way.

As of right now, we are planning on going to a pre-band thing for freshmen and their parents with Scott on Sunday evening, but maybe we will leave in the afternoon and stop by to see you on our way to Heber.
Hi Ann,

We are only 25 minutes from our house to downtown Park City. We live in Olympus Cove just east of the 45th South exit on I-215. Sadly, we leave on August 20 to fly back to the Jersey shore for a few weeks. I would so enjoy meeting you. Maybe next time you get to Utah.

I hope you have a good journey and a safe trip. Being an empty nester is an adjustment but can be a delightful chapter in life!!!

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

You're a genius, Karen - in addition to being a heroine

I'm almost at the end of my 6-week vacation (but hush, don't tell anybody, because most people think that teachers work too little and have too long vacations). Just like cruising, not having to go to work is addictive, and I dread next Tuesday when I'll be facing a lot of students who have as little interest in returning to school as I have. Don't get me wrong: I like teaching, but I like cruising better!

Luckily, thanks to Karen and the rest of you, I can keep my memories alive, and hopefully I'll soon talk Preben into booking a new cruise so I have something to look forward to.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:41 AM
5,000+ Club

Eva, my mom taught school her whole life. It was so funny because in June she couldn't wait to leave school and spend time with us, but by August, she was sick of us and ready to go back to school. Six weeks is actually kinda short. Do you have several vacations during the year, rather than one long summer vacation?

Donna, I'm sorry that we will miss you. I hope that you have a great time in Jersey. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with both of us on our trips.
Next Cruise - NCL Sun Dec 14, 2014 - Western Caribbean
Norwegian Sun - Feb 13 - 24 - Southern Caribbean Photo book - 1st half
Norwegian Dawn - B2B, Boston to Quebec City to Boston - Sept 27 - Oct 11, 2013 Trip Photos
Norwegian Sky - Surprise Bahamas Trip - Oct 29 - Nov 2, 2012 Photo Book
Norwegian Star - NYC to Bermuda May 13-20, 2012
Norwegian Spirit - Western Caribbean from NOLA - March 20-27, 2011 Pre-Cruise NOLA Photobook
Norwegian Sky - Bahamas - March 29-April 2, 2010 Photo Book
Explorer of the Seas - Caribbean - March 15 - 27, 2009
Sovereign of the Seas - Bahamas-Aug 13-17, 2007
Sapphire Princess - Alaska - June 24-July 1, 2006
Disney Wonder - Bahamas - March 2004

Old August 2nd, 2011, 01:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Y'all are too kind. I'm certainly no genius, just took a couple of emails to get 'er done. I'm just glad we'll get to stay together!

Today's Ken's last full day, the last couple of days have been h*ll trying to get some last minute projects done (with Murphy's Law in full effect). Hard trying to squeeze a whole six months of to-dos into one 27 day period. But overall Ken enjoyed his time home, and hopefully the next six months will fly by. I'll be sure to give him all your cyberhugs and greetings, thanks!!

(Progreso, Cozumel)

Old August 2nd, 2011, 03:33 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Safe travels to ya, Ken! Tater won't be the only soul missing you, ya know. It was great getting a couple of visits in while you were home and we'll all look forward to cruising with you and Karen in February.

Come and join our roll call fun! NCL Sun 2014
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1626057

Come join our roll call fun! NCL Dawn 2/8/2015!
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1913851

Old August 2nd, 2011, 03:34 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Dang it! I keep forgetting to turn off my miles long signature and I can't figure out how to edit it after I post. Sorry!

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Found it! Thanks, Karen, for setting this up!
Past and Future Cruises - Commodore Queen of Bermuda, Feb.'89 (Key West, Cozumel), Commodore Bermuda Star, Feb.'94 (Cozumel, Montego Bay, Cayman Islands), Carnival Ecstacy '97 (Key West, Cozumel), Commodore Enchanted Isle '99 (Cruise to Nowhere), Disney Magic, Apr. '08 (St. Thomas, St. Maarten), Canival Fantasy, Oct. 08 (Progreso, Cozumel), NCL Spirit, Feb.'10 (Costa Maya, Belize, Guatemala, Cozumel), HAL Zaandam, March '11 (Hawaii), HAL Zuiderdam, Oct. '11 (Panama Canal, Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire, Costa Rica), NCL Spirit, Feb. '12 (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya), NCL Star, Feb. '13 (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya), NCL Sun, Feb. '14 (Aruba, Curacao, Barbados, Guadeloupe, St. Thomas), NCL Dawn, Feb. '15, HAL Statendam, June '15, NCL Dawn, Feb. '16

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old August 2nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

So, Ginny, tell us all about your Panama Canal trip. I think that this is the same cruise that my folks took last year and they had the time of their lives. They took an excursion that took them through the canal.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

Okay - with 15 replies and over 100 views, there must be some fabulous lurkers out there. Please- introduce yourselves. We would love to meet you.
Ginny, your new cruise sounds awesome. But thanks for not cancelling the Spirit and Star cruises. Now that we have met, that would just break my heart.
Karen, if I don't see him tomorrow, give Ken a big ole hug from me. And tell Tater I have a treat waiting for him. (Hint: it involves MEAT!)
Now, I have to go through the 2011 thread and pick out and save pictures before they disappear!

14 NCL!!

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old August 3rd, 2011, 03:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

OH! How do you retrieve pictures and bring them to this site??? I do have the pictures in my memory so it's a good reason to get together and take new pictures!!!!

Karen, please post a picture of Ken and you, Tater too so we have an update of you.

Di, you know that Karen is going to need some extra loving and mocha choc after tomorrow. Give her Special, Fabulous hugs from me and Suzy and get the mocha choc to that girl!!!! Wish I could be there to share it with you all.

Suzy, Lena, Eva, Ginny, Ann, ready to make it a girls time????

Old August 3rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.d View Post
OH! How do you retrieve pictures and bring them to this site??? I do have the pictures in my memory so it's a good reason to get together and take new pictures!!!!

Karen, please post a picture of Ken and you, Tater too so we have an update of you.

Di, you know that Karen is going to need some extra loving and mocha choc after tomorrow. Give her Special, Fabulous hugs from me and Suzy and get the mocha choc to that girl!!!! Wish I could be there to share it with you all.

Suzy, Lena, Eva, Ginny, Ann, ready to make it a girls time????
I have love and hugs in unlimited supply and - well, let just say plenty of mocha-choc for everybody! So come on over!
I'm not sure about bringing the pictures over here. I'm not even sure I remember how to save them in the My Pictures folder on my computer. I think I can I think I can. I will try and report back.

14 NCL!!

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old August 3rd, 2011, 09:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

Di - Thanks for the kind thoughts - we couldn't and wouldn't pass up a chance to be with everybody again, especially on a cruise (even if it is on a bigger "ship" that last time)! This one was so sudden, sort of a Cruise Of Opportunity, that we jumped at it.

Karen - Even though we didn't meet Ken, please know that he is in our prayers for a safe return.

Lena - This is an 11 day cruise, leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, that goes to Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Panama Canal (to Gatun Lake), and Costa Rica.
We are trying to figure out how the excursion works for the dome-topped railcar. If that is the one your parents took, please let me know, as we will sign up for it. Bill says that he saw on Anthony Bourdain's show on the Food Channel that it was a fantastic ride!
Past and Future Cruises - Commodore Queen of Bermuda, Feb.'89 (Key West, Cozumel), Commodore Bermuda Star, Feb.'94 (Cozumel, Montego Bay, Cayman Islands), Carnival Ecstacy '97 (Key West, Cozumel), Commodore Enchanted Isle '99 (Cruise to Nowhere), Disney Magic, Apr. '08 (St. Thomas, St. Maarten), Canival Fantasy, Oct. 08 (Progreso, Cozumel), NCL Spirit, Feb.'10 (Costa Maya, Belize, Guatemala, Cozumel), HAL Zaandam, March '11 (Hawaii), HAL Zuiderdam, Oct. '11 (Panama Canal, Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire, Costa Rica), NCL Spirit, Feb. '12 (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya), NCL Star, Feb. '13 (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya), NCL Sun, Feb. '14 (Aruba, Curacao, Barbados, Guadeloupe, St. Thomas), NCL Dawn, Feb. '15, HAL Statendam, June '15, NCL Dawn, Feb. '16

Cruise Countdown Tickers