Any Suggestions on this port?

MzShelle2U

It's just me and my husband traveling on the Breeze. We are looking for a nice beach to visit while we are in Curacao. Is there anything close to the port that's nice and safe? We are willing to walk or take a taxi. If a taxi is necessary, then how much is the cost round trip or per person?

Depends what beach you like

There is a lovely strip of sandy beaches with hotels behind - so lots of resturants etc - called Sea Aquarium Beach - not so good for snorkelling -

Lovely small private beach - kokomo - closet rural beach ( ~20 min)- i.e completely natural - but safe $4.50 entrance -very good cafe and lots of lounge chairs - snorkelling OK - good coral along cliff edge but not so many fish

Porto Marie -

Lovely small private beach - bit further away 30 - 45 min drive- great snorkelling, cafe and showers etc

• 3 weeks later...

[

Porto Marie -

Lovely small private beach - bit further away 30 - 45 min drive- great snorkelling, cafe and showers etc

I am an avid snorkeler so looking for a good snorkeling experience. When you say great snorkeling could you please be more specific?

How is the coral (colour, size of formations variety etc ) what kind of fish and other marine life are seen here? Variety?

I am looking for interesting coral as well as fish variety and other Marine life.

Thank you

I am an avid snorkeler so looking for a good snorkeling experience. When you say great snorkeling could you please be more specific?

How is the coral (colour, size of formations variety etc ) what kind of fish and other marine life are seen here? Variety?

I am looking for interesting coral as well as fish variety and other Marine life.

Thank you

We just got back yesterday from our cruise and one of our stops on our tour was at playa lagun. We snorkeled here and it was really exceptionally good snorkeling especially considering it was shore snorkeling. Really wide variety of coral as well as fish. We only spent about a hour here but could have spent the whole day there and been happy. I think it is about a 45 min drive from the port but definitely worth it for the great snorkeling. There is also a beach and you can rent loungers.

We just got back yesterday from our cruise and one of our stops on our tour was at playa lagun. We snorkeled here and it was really exceptionally good snorkeling especially considering it was shore snorkeling. Really wide variety of coral as well as fish. We only spent about a hour here but could have spent the whole day there and been happy. I think it is about a 45 min drive from the port but definitely worth it for the great snorkeling. There is also a beach and you can rent loungers.

Excellent..thank you :)

This beach is part of an excursion we are thinking of doing. I think this will seal the deal. :)