Radiance Rm 8668

nubeetom

Tom,

I posted a note to you on another RCCL board, but it sounds like you have teens. I do too and we are sailing on March 14th Radiance, we're in a grand suite just two floors up from you. Is there a board started for those of us going on that cruise? I would love to start talking with those going before we sail.

Deborah

Tom,

I posted a note to you on another RCCL board, but it sounds like you have teens. I do too and we are sailing on March 14th Radiance, we're in a grand suite just two floors up from you. Is there a board started for those of us going on that cruise? I would love to start talking with those going before we sail.

Deborah

We are on a different cruise

Tom

We were in 8668 this past week. We were a party of three ladies. We originally booked a Grand Suite but decided to upgrade because of the two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Each bedroom had a large bed that could be separated into two single beds. There were two TV's, both flat screens. A small one in the master bedroom and a larger one in living room. None in the second bedroom. The master bath had a bath tub with shower and the second bathroom had just a shower. There was a small leak under the bath tub which we reported. Each night we would put a towel down to soak up the water. No sewage problems in this room. There were three large closets, one in each bedroom and one in the living room. The living room was very nice. There was a couch and two chairs and coffee table and a round table with two chairs, if you wanted to dine or play a game in the room. There was only a minibar, no refrigerator. There was also a vanity table and chair in each of the bedrooms. There was one safe in the master bedroom. The view from the aft balcony was fantastic. The balcony was very sunny during the day. There was a round table with four wicker chairs with nice cushions and two cushioned lounge chairs and a little cocktail table. We asked our room steward if he could remove one lounge chair to give us more space and he couldn't do it, but he moved one lounge chair around the side, out of our way. The balcony was very narrow at one side, where you only had room to stand by the railing and got wide enough to fit the table and chairs at its widest point. The concierge lounge was also included with the suite. It was quite small, maybe room for 15 to 20 guests. You could get coffee and tea and light snacks 24/7 and a cocktail hour each evening from 5:00 till 8:30 where you could get, (free) beer, wine, mixed drinks, soda and juice. We usually had to get a drink and go out to the lobby area to sit. There are no elevators or stairs at the back of the ship. So you have to walk to midship to get to them. This was our exercise. You wont be disappointed, it was a very nice room.

Deborah,

I do hope you enjoy your cruise.

If you wish to join the Roll Call for your sailing just find your cruise date listed under Royal Caribbean/ Radiance of the Seas. I am sure there is already a large contingent of passengers joining together to plan another wonderful cruise.

FYI, the Radiance holds special memories for us. We sailed her in Alaska and every passenger on the aft except those in 1600 were members of our Roll Call. It was like a week's house party.

• 3 years later...
Tom, I replied to you on the Royal Caribbean boards. I have lots of pictures in my webshots album. Cruised in 8668 for 14 nights.

Let me know if you have questions.

Do you still have those pictures available? Booked on Brilliance 8668 for Thanksgiving and would love to see the photos. Thanks, Tim