Any tips about the carnival sensation?

gokussj4vegitta

I am about to book a cruise for april on the carnival sensation. This will be my 2nd cruise and my first on carnival. What should I know that makes them different from NCL(my first cruise). Alcohol, coolers or fridge, amenities in the room, clothing for dining, etc..? I appreciate any and all feedback.

My first cruise was on the Sensation back in 2007, its been drydocked and reworked since then. I remember first planning that cruise and all the gripes about the interior color and the frequent "How much purple can you really use in a ship?" questions, but frankly I had a helluva good time and I've been antsy to get back to cruising ever since. We stayed low, on the Riviera, I think it was room 502 at the time but I assume the numbers are different now. Never had problems with noise, smoke, or smells that some had mentioned. But then again, I was out late partying with catnaps just to do it all over again so I too was never in the room much. Enjoy the ship! She treated me well! :D

;) Here are some pointers....We cruised in May 09 and had a blast. First off: Tip your room steward....we gave him 20 bucks and he kept ice in our room for our alcohol at least twice a day and plus brought a trash can full of ice for my wifes Mt Dew. Second...DONT lose your "blue" carnival towels...they are 23.00 to replace EACH. The Ocean view room was great for me and my wife...had plenty of room. There is only ONE laundry room with two irons for the WHOLE ship. Get ready for ALOT of pictures being took...BIG money racket. Hope this helped you all.....most of all ENJOY and RELAX!!!

Tip your room steward....we gave him 20 bucks and he kept ice in our room for our alcohol at least twice a day.

The steward will do that whether or not you tip him up front. I've never asked, and the service has been provided for my wine on each cruise...twice every day.

There is only ONE laundry room with two irons for the WHOLE ship.

I'm fairly certain that is incorrect. Like all the Sensation's sister ships, there is a laundry room on each deck.

Archived