What is Cunard playing at?

Lanky Lad

As it is a few years since I have been on QM2, I decided to watch the short video on the Cunard website. But to my surprise most of the shots appear to be on Queen Elizabeth or Queen Victoria :eek: Did Cunard think no-one would notice?

As it is a few years since I have been on QM2, I decided to watch the short video on the Cunard website. But to my surprise most of the shots appear to be on Queen Elizabeth or Queen Victoria :eek: Did Cunard think no-one would notice?

Is it King's Court after the refit??:eek::D Actually, I have often thought those who come up with the marketing have never been aboard any ship, much less one of the Cunard ships.

Edited by Jim Avery

Hi Lanky Lad, I hope you're well :) .

Film and TV companies have been doing this sort of thing for decades, hoping no-one will notice, and to be honest, a great many people don't. Or if they do, many don't care.

(I also noticed that the helicopter shots of QM2 at sea were taken within the first few months of her entry into service. But you have to be a real nerd/geek/idiot like me to spot that :o :( :o )

I enjoy looking for the "Glass Floor" on Deck Plans (Deck 7), still shown in the very latest brochures... that was removed in 2005.

Happy sailings on QM2 to you, Lanky Lad :) .

Edited by pepperrn

Hi Lanky Lad, I hope you're well :) .

Film and TV companies have been doing this for decades, hoping no-one will notice, and to be honest, a great many people don't. Or if they do, many don't care.

I also noticed that the helicopter shots of QM2 at sea were taken within the first few months of her entry into service. But you have to be a real nerd/geek/idiot like me to spot that :o :( :o .

I still enjoy looking for the "Glass Floor" on Deck Plans (Deck 7), still shown in the very latest brochures... that was removed in 2005.

Happy sailings on QM2 to you, Lanky Lad :) .[/QUOte]

Hi and thanks :)

I am looking forward to being back on board, I think it's about 3 or maybe even 4 years since my last trip.

I don't think there have been any major changes, since your last QM2 voyage in 2011.

The one minor change I've noticed is the absence of shrimp sandwiches in the Chef's Galley (I miss having one of those), but other than that, all important features have remained constant. Still a great ship!

I believe the dining room staff will try to accommodate your desire for first sitting. There are always people who want to change from first to second as well as second to first. It should work out just fine.

When DH and I were going on the QE for the first time, I believe you answered my query about differences between the QM2 and the QE very accurately. The QE was a very nice experience.

Have a great crossing! (And, another in 2015 : )

I don't think there have been any major changes, since your last QM2 voyage in 2011.

The one minor change I've noticed is the absence of shrimp sandwiches in the Chef's Galley (I miss having one of those), but other than that, all important features have remained constant. Still a great ship!

I believe the dining room staff will try to accommodate your desire for first sitting. There are always people who want to change from first to second as well as second to first. It should work out just fine.

When DH and I were going on the QE for the first time, I believe you answered my query about differences between the QM2 and the QE very accurately. The QE was a very nice experience.

Have a great crossing! (And, another in 2015 : )

Thanks Jim, sadly it's only a 4 night voyage not a crossing, but I am sure I will still enjoy it.