Kettle/ coffee & tea?

Westyone

We are booked on Trollfjord in January. Suite discription says there is a kettle, small tray with coffee and tea in the room. Does anyone know if this is instant coffee? If so I may consider taking my Keurig mini as I really need my coffee first thing in the morning.

Thanks in advance.

We are booked on Trollfjord in January. Suite discription says there is a kettle, small tray with coffee and tea in the room. Does anyone know if this is instant coffee? If so I may consider taking my Keurig mini as I really need my coffee first thing in the morning.

Thanks in advance.

This is a new arrangement this year, with the different categories of cabins getting different amenities. We have traveled on the Trollfjord twice in a suite and were given coffee cups that you could fill in the dining room (good coffee) and cafe (not so good). We did not have a kettle in the room then, so I can't answer your question. I would call Hurtigruten and ask. If you do take your Keurig be sure to check that the voltage is compatible. On the Explorer (different ship, I know, suites have 110V in addition to the 220V, but you needed an adapter. I don't remember if this was also true on the Trollfjord.

Been in suites on both Trollfjors & Midnatsol, although not in past 8? years. From memory there was a selection of various teabags & instant coffee (certainly don't remember ground coffee or Netspresso type machine). Strongly suspect this won't have changed since 2008.

I'd consider taking coffee bags (lightweight & low bulk) which get close to cafetiere coffee.

Fair Winds & weather,

Richard

Thanks to both Janet and Richard for your quick replies and good points. I read somewhere thatTroll fjord has 220 so I do have to get a converter and Euro plug. Coffee bags are definitely more travel friendly than taking a Keurig mini.

I will try calling Hurigruten but I have learned that some cruise line reps are more knowledgeable than others. Also I went through a travel agent so not sure if the Hurtigruten people with speak with me directly. Maybe I can act like I am just thinking of booking.

What month did you travel? We did a Celebrity cruise a couple of years ago and loved taking in the beauty from our balcony. This journey will certainly be different for us. Seeing the northern lights is on my husband's bucket list.

Wondering just how daunting the cold will be in January, how icy the decks get, and if they come in and clear the snow off your balcony.........yes we are fortunate to have booked a room with a balcony. My husband is a double amputee and we figured this would help him to enjoy the experience.

I welcome any words of wisdom anyone can offer regarding the cruise and excursions. I really want to do dog sledding. Any suggestions that worked for you.

Thanks for letting me know, barrheadlesslass. I was thinking of doing that but was not sure if I should book ahead or not. When we went to Alaska they offered dog sledding but on wheels over gravel as it was summer! I did not do it because what I really, really want is the authentic experience.

What month did you go and how was your trip experience?

Barrheadlass, I just read the other thread where you answered the question I asked. Thank you. I just bought a longish down coat from Eddie Bauer, warm hiking boots, Cleese lined mittens, and yak tracks for the ice. Think I'm good.

Barrheadlass, I just read the other thread where you answered the question I asked. Thank you. I just bought a longish down coat from Eddie Bauer, warm hiking boots, Cleese lined mittens, and yak tracks for the ice. Think I'm good.

You'll be all set! And with the snowy winter we had last year here in Massachusetts I was prepared for that too! Have a great trip! I had yak tracks too, just couldn't remember their name.

Thanks for letting me know, barrheadlesslass. I was thinking of doing that but was not sure if I should book ahead or not.

Consider booking all of the excursions you would want to take as soon as you are certain. We found that had we waited until we boarded we would have missed out on a couple as they were full.