Most consecutive day at sea

B1G

Do you mean length of cruise or true sea days, when no port call is made? Because I have never heard of a cruise where the number of consecutive sea days went into double digits, not even the world tours.

The longest cruise I've taken is a 14-day transatlantic. It was a northern route that should have had no more than two consecutive sea days, but weather rerouted us and turned it I to four in a row with a missed port call.

Longest for us was this past spring on a B2B on the Millennium for 27 nights. I loved the time on board and hated to have to get off when we were done. Now a 7 night cruise feels much too short.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's the problem with longer cruises you want the next to be longer still :D

Longest for us was this past spring on a B2B on the Millennium for 27 nights. I loved the time on board and hated to have to get off when we were done. Now a 7 night cruise feels much too short.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My husband calls a 7 night cruise a "pretend cruise" We are looking forward to our longest cruise next year on the Solstice from January 27 to March 22. Can't wait to enjoy Australia New Zealand and New Caledonia.:)

There is a frequent cruiser here on Cruise Critic who's Cruise Critic ID is ~Cruisenut~ who spends a good part of their fall and winter cruising each year. They posted a while back that they were heading out on a 58 night cruise this fall: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2105207

I don't know how long their typical stretches are but if they follow their usual pattern they'll be heading out on a second long stretch later in the winter as well.

I think there are a couple of others who cruise like them here on Cruise Critic and we're only familiar with those who frequent Celebrity.

Edited by Lsimon

There is a frequent cruiser here on Cruise Critic who's Cruise Critic ID is ~Cruisenut~ who spends a good part of their fall and winter cruising each year. They posted a while back that they were heading out on a 58 night cruise this fall: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2105207

I don't know how long their typical stretches are but if they follow their usual pattern they'll be heading out on a second long stretch later in the winter as well.

I think there are a couple of others who cruise like them here on Cruise Critic and we're only familiar with those who frequent Celebrity.

Indeed, the nickname fits hahaha

Look at the World Ship Condo, people buy condos on a cruise ship as their residence.

You can also set up a yearly cabin on board Cunard.

Look at any online cruise search and you will find many world cruises where people will sail 100 days or more.

Any of those sites will give you an idea of how many consecutive days people are on a cruise.

Happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

In a few weeks we will be spending 38 nights on the Constellation on a B2B2B. It will be our longest 'cruise', breaking our current record of 27 nights on a B2B.

In terms of sea days, we did a fall TA on the Wind Surf, from Lisbon to Barbados. It was 14 nights, no ports. We loved it, seas were incredibly calm. Now Wind Star offers 22 nights, Tahiti to Costa Rica, again with no ports. We may get to that one eventually. With no cruise director, no nightly shows, you need to be able to entertain yourself. But, with the smaller sized ship, you do get to meet most other passengers.

Check out the HAL line threads. Many of those folks have 100+ days at a crack.

Another HAL cruiser boarded the Amsterdam on Sunday for a 7 month voyage. He posts more pictures than words on his blog but very enjoyable to go along for the ride!

I have trouble with links but if you're interested you can search for Jeff Farschman blog and it will come up.