Ohio Rios Excursion Questions - Please and Thank you!

kc58ab

Carnival cruise to Ohio Rios. It appears Dunn River Falls is the place see. The falls look absolutely beautiful. I would love to see them.

Problem? I'm terrified of heights, and by heights I mean like my feet move than a foot off the ground.

Has anyone taken the Carnival excursion to DRF to detail if I can go and see the falls without climbing with drop-offs. I understand there are stairs, and I think that would be fine, just cannot do climbing on uneven ground that is slick with water flowing to boot.

Also if so, can I not climb the falls and stay with my group that plans to climb them? Do they just go up there and then back down to access the rest of the park?

Thanks for any details you can offer!

My thoughts of the Falls-if anyone is fearful :I understand you have a fear of heights, as do I. You would really miss out if you did not try it one time. There are look out points or/and you could stand at the bottom on the sand and look up. however, I really believe when you got home you would have regrets, that is why I did it. I believe you will feel safe. 1. The water just gently flows around your ankles where you climb. 2. You will be holding hands with your family. If there are just 2 of you -your left hand will be held by a family member and your right hand will be held by a stranger (or another family member. this helped me a great deal because they were encouraging me and supporting me.3.It is one slow step at a time. You will not be looking up so much-at least I did not because of my fear-but rather concentrated on the baby step of the next stone--all the while holding onto my trusted loved one. I was looking down or at the side. 4. Many many people are trying to accomplish this easy stone to stone path walk. You are working together as a team! Therefore, when you make it to the top-it is something you and your family did together! Something that you will look back on for years together-in other words-this is not an individual process-this is a team -family process that you will be proud of together-we did it-NOT I did it. 5. The climb is not steep-but gentle. It looks worse than it is. 6. The sound of the water fall is soothing.7. There are places that the adventures can go into deeper water and sit /stand by the water flowing on your back; I did not and there will not be any pressure to do so. 8. You and your family can wipe it off their bucket list-a one time accomplishment-really we all felt the " did it together " we have never gone back. 9. There are many other bucket list things to do there-you will not need to go back unless that particular fall is calling you. 10. You did it with your family and are proud of it! No worries- if I in my early 60's who is very fearful did it (with the support of many others) you can do it too! One step at a time-when you are climbing concentrate on the one step-don't forget to wear water shoes which you can purchase from any Walmart or on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...