Oasis vs. Independence vs. Celebrity Equinox

RavennaM

What do you guys think? Having really hard time deciding next cruise. We just came back from Oasis. Now the options for next winter are Eastern with Allure, Ultimate Caribbean with Equinox and 8 days with Independence (basseterre, Puerto Rico, labadee and st. Maarten) What would you choose and why? Help!:)

We have done all three of your proposed cruises and enjoyed each of them.

10 days on the Equinox beat 8 or 7 days.

If you liked all the activities on the Oasis, the Allure has them all, a little less on the Independence and much less on the Equinox.

If I had those choices, I would choose the Equinox for better food, better service and a more relaxed atmosphere.

What do you guys think? Having really hard time deciding next cruise. We just came back from Oasis. Now the options for next winter are Eastern with Allure, Ultimate Caribbean with Equinox and 8 days with Independence (basseterre, Puerto Rico, labadee and st. Maarten) What would you choose and why? Help!:)

We are also considering these! Hoping to get some input :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And the 1-2-3 Go Promotion, so drinks would be included. :D

First I thought Equinox is first choice. But then I started to think if anything else is disappointment after Oasis?? We are very active people so I'm wondering if there is not enough activities for us?? If we would make decision based on ports, we would definitely choose E.

First I thought Equinox is first choice. But then I started to think if anything else is disappointment after Oasis?? We are very active people so I'm wondering if there is not enough activities for us?? If we would make decision based on ports, we would definitely choose E.

We loved Oasis and Allure! Just came back from 8 day Independence. Sadly, they have changed the dining room dinner menu to a cheaper, inferior quality on all RC ships. We were the first week guinea pigs. It wasn't a good experience at all. Overcooked food, lesser quality and quantity, poor choices to pick from. Ugh! I started looking at the menus ahead of time the last few days to help decide choices. It wasn't easy. Everything is different and we used to love the food on RC. Aside from that, Oasis and Allure are the very best in all ways! Our absolute favorite in our group and we have been on 18 cruises each--husband and wife (being me.)

Just booked Equinox for next January. Got prepaid gratuities, Classic Beverage package and $100 OBC. Does that help your decision?

We loved Oasis and Allure! Just came back from 8 day Independence. Sadly, they have changed the dining room dinner menu to a cheaper, inferior quality on all RC ships. We were the first week guinea pigs. It wasn't a good experience at all. Overcooked food, lesser quality and quantity, poor choices to pick from. Ugh! I started looking at the menus ahead of time the last few days to help decide choices. It wasn't easy. Everything is different and we used to love the food on RC. Aside from that, Oasis and Allure are the very best in all ways! Our absolute favorite in our group and we have been on 18 cruises each--husband and wife (being me.)

How bad was the food? Did they eliminate lobster night? Lobster tails last year on Allure were really good. Sounds like I'll have to buy the Specialty Restaurant Dining package again!!

See, then I'm not sure the Equinox is the best choice. My wife and I were just on Silhouette last year after two cruises on Oasis and we were very disappointed in the entertainment / bored at times. That cruise was in Europe, so not exactly the same as a Caribbean sailing, but since it's a longer sailing it's probably more similar than different.

On the positive side Silhouette was beautiful and I'm sure Equinox is too -- but you won't find anywhere near the level of entertainment / activity on a Solstice Class ship that you found on Oasis. How much that matters is up to you!

See, then I'm not sure the Equinox is the best choice. My wife and I were just on Silhouette last year after two cruises on Oasis and we were very disappointed in the entertainment / bored at times. That cruise was in Europe, so not exactly the same as a Caribbean sailing, but since it's a longer sailing it's probably more similar than different.

On the positive side Silhouette was beautiful and I'm sure Equinox is too -- but you won't find anywhere near the level of entertainment / activity on a Solstice Class ship that you found on Oasis. How much that matters is up to you!

Oh no guys, you just make the decision harder! :)

What we really loved in Oasis are: Jogging track, gym, Breakfast in main diningroom, fitness classes, game shows, trivias. How does these compare on Equinox and Independence??

What we really loved in Oasis are: Jogging track, gym, Breakfast in main diningroom, fitness classes, game shows, trivias. How does these compare on Equinox and Independence??

Equinox - everything same except no Quest. Definitely better food in the Buffet.

10 days trump 7 or 8 days in my book.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

The Allure will be Oasis revisited.....you mentioned that you enjoyed the ports that the Equinox will be visiting, so that along with the fact that the Equinox is 10 days and you can get the great 1-2-3 go promotion, makes it a no brainer. There will always be times in the future when you can sail on the Oasis and after the Quantum comes out there is the possibility that the prices may dip a bit on the two behemoths. Best of luck with your decision.

Interesting thread. We have been wanting to try a Solstice class ship for years now. We just love the Oasis and Freedom class ships, so we are in a similar situation :). I think once we get D+ after a few more cruises, we will start trying out Celebrity.

I'm not sure if we are crazy, but I think we are choosing Indy over Equinox!? But I really need to have a good running track and everybody is saying that Equinox track is not good. I loved food on Oasis, so I guess I will love it also in Indy??

I'm not sure if we are crazy, but I think we are choosing Indy over Equinox!? But I really need to have a good running track and everybody is saying that Equinox track is not good. I loved food on Oasis, so I guess I will love it also in Indy??

If you liked the food in the Main Dining Room and Windjammer, then it should be very much the same in Indy. However, there are many food venues on Oasis that do not exist on Indy, such as Park Cafe, Solarium Cafe/Bistro, Seafood Shack, Wipeout Cafe, breakfast at Johnny Rocket's. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

I was on Allure in 2011 (i believe western) and went to the med this past June and was disappointed that there wasn't a ton to do. I know that the Caribbean will be a different atmosphere, however being an active person in my early 20s i found that equinox couldn't compare to allure at all for me.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tinkerdevil