Tragically another man overboard

AZNative2000

It is too bad that this was the man's answer to his problems. Feel badly for his family and friends.

Interesting to read that the Canadian Coast Guard is assisting with the search. Kudos to them and all who selflessly put themselves in harm's way for others' sake.

Edited by 0bnxshs

Interesting to read that the Canadian Coast Guard is assisting with the search.

That part wasn't entirely accurate. They were Canadian warships, not their Coast Guard. It was the HMCS Shawinigan and HMCS Goose Bay. They're coastal defense vessels, which is why the Herald probably confused them for CG.

I cannot explain other peoples feelings. However, I can understand not understanding why people do things. There are many days that life seems weird.. There are also days that it seems like why do we need to go forward. The final question has to be...can I go on, can my family understand why I am going to do this. The last question is the issue ---apparently anyone who does the final act ..feels that the family will understand how tortured they feel. I am so sorry for the family, friends, etc.

It's very hard to understand. I remember standing at the stern of the Britanis one night and thinking how dreadful and lonely it would feel to be in the water watching the ship sailing away. And it's not just ships, of course. We have numerous people jumping off the George Washington Bridge here in NYC every year, and the biggest suicide magnet in the world is San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge, with nearly 2,000 so far since it opened in 1937. I prefer to live remembering the only good line from the terrible 1973 musical remake of LOST HORIZON: "Do not seek death; it will find you."

So sad that this person thinks that it is the only way to solve his problems. I think this is the fourth man over board this year? Not a way you would want to remember your cruise.

Allan & Marlane

So sad that this person thinks that it is the only way to solve his problems.

Yes, indeed. I recall a quote from my younger days that has stayed with me throughout the years. It was in an Ethics class and the topic of the lecture was "Suicide: A Permanent Solution to a Temporary Problem."

Prayers for those left behind.