Celebrity announces Australian itineraries

C 2 C

Drat them, we waited and waited and then booked an Azamara for Rio - wonder if they will let us change without losing our deposit - we are UK based - I bet they will not

Hi Everyone !

Very interesting news that Century is heded to Australia/New Zealand after all, and we have our answer about Century's plans for the Winter 2011 season, as her Caribbean sailings from Baltimore have been unavailable for a few days.

I am interested in seeing the pricing on these cruises. When Hawaii was added earlier this year there was a real premium to earlier sailings to the same ports. We were booked on Millennium B2b2B 2010when the sailings were cancelled last year.

Yes, I like the convenience of driving to Baltimore from my home in Virginia. Selfish motive declared.

BUT...................

NO OTHER PREMIUM cruise goes from Baltimore. Only Royal.

The DC area has TONS of high paid government officials, military officers. So many other high paying fields.

6% unemployment when the country is at 10%.

Amazing X would leave. Perhaps X management is on Holland's payroll.

Probable Century Schedule: (subject to Celebrity's whims and the alignment of the planets. Sorry, not a believer yet. We were "canceled" On a 2010 B2B2B Millennium booking)

Still trying to figure this out but I ran out of time... corrections to follow.

15 N Oct. 2 Hawaii from San Diego

15 N Oct. 17 Hawaii from San Diego

10 N Nov. 1 Ensenada to Hawaii,

18 N Nov. 11 Honolulu ~ NZ Nov. 29

12 N Nov 29 Five 12/13 Night sailings NZ ~ Australia

13 N Dec

12 N 24 Dec 2011 Sydney ~ NZ

12/13 Night Jan 2012 Auckland, NZ

2012 Sydney ~ 2012 Auckland

18 N NZ ~ 2012 Perth

18 N 2012 Perth ~ Sydney

TransPacific?

Probable Century Schedule: (subject to Celebrity's whims and the alignment of the planets. Sorry, not a believer yet. We were "canceled" On a 2010 B2B2B Millennium booking)

Still trying to figure this out but I ran out of time... corrections to follow.

15 N Oct. 2 Hawaii from San Diego

15 N Oct. 17 Hawaii from San Diego

10 N Nov. 1 Ensenada to Hawaii,

18 N Nov. 11 Honolulu ~ NZ Nov. 29

12 N Nov 29 Five 12/13 Night sailings NZ ~ Australia

13 N Dec

12 N 24 Dec 2011 Sydney ~ NZ

12/13 Night Jan 2012 Auckland, NZ

2012 Sydney ~ 2012 Auckland

18 N NZ ~ 2012 Perth

18 N 2012 Perth ~ Sydney

TransPacific?

The local newspaper reports Century has been booked into Cairns in March but does not identify the day.

The local newspaper reports Century has been booked into Cairns in March but does not identify the day.

Hey Michael! Good to see you. The new itineraries look great. It's going to be pretty hot and sticky up in Darwin at that time of year, isn't it. Kakadu was one of my favourite places ever to have visited, but even in late September it was hot.

Hope you are doing well and getting some cruises in.

Phil

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1449016&highlight=

Celebrity's exotic new Australia and New Zealand season - bookended by a series of vacation options in Hawaii - features a total of 36 ports in six countries: Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, French Polynesia, the U.S. and Mexico. The lineup includes 10 distinct itineraries, with six varied departure ports, including Sydney and Perth (Fremantle), Australia; Auckland, New Zealand; Honolulu, Hawaii; San Diego, California, and Ensenada, Mexico.

• October 2, 2011: (and October 17) with two consecutive 15-night Hawaii sailings from San Diego,
  • followed by a 10-night Hawaii cruise from Ensenada to Honolulu.
  • November 11: An 18-night "Pacific Jewels" voyage departs Honolulu ,
  • followed by five 12- and 13-night New Zealand cruises between Sydney and Auckland, including a festive holiday sailing departing Sydney December 24.
  • 36-night circumnavigational voyage - through two combinable 18-night sailings: One will sail around the southern portion of Australia, featuring an overnight stay in Sydney and transits through three sounds - Milford, Doubtful and Dusky - in New Zealand's World Heritage-designated Fiordland National Park. The second of the combinable 18-night sailings takes cruisers around Australia's northern coast, and features a visit to the idyllic island of Bali, Indonesia - marking yet another first for Celebrity.
  • two 18-night Trans-Pacific voyages visiting the French Polynesian islands and Hawaii.
  • Return from Hawaii TBA

Among the ports Celebrity will visit for the first time are Geraldton, Broome, Darwin, Cairns, Brisbane, Adelaide, Albany, Bunbury and Perth, Australia, in addition to Burnie, Tasmania, and Bali.

...details to be announced when bookings open for the entire slate of vacation options on Thursday, July 29. Celebrity also will announce details of an early booking incentive on that date

This all looks good to us. We did a 3000m road trip in NZ over 3.5 weeks and loved it. We did everything.

The ports and places mentioned are worth a return visit.

Never been to AU so that would be of interest. The extra ports are of interest since it solves some of the hit and run issues of doing ports only. You miss so much inland. We orginally wanted to do a road/air tour in Au, but if the itinerary is right, we may be able to accomplish it with Celebrity and enjoy our Elite Status to boot.

Just checked the site...it still shows Century leaving from Baltimore to the Caribbean. I would have been interested in the 18 n from Hawaii.

Carole

12 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on board Celebrity Century

Compare Now

Destination: Caribbean.

Cruise Ports: Baltimore, Maryland, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, St. Croix, U.S.V.I., Basseterre, St. Kitts, St. Johns, Antigua, Philipsburg, St. Maarten, Baltimore, Maryland

2011 Departure Dates: Nov 18

Celebrity site shows the Century cruises from November 2011 to January 2012.

Copy & Pasted from X with slight editing:

• Nov 30, 2011 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif Destination: Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Sydney, Australia, Hobart, Tasmania, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound, Dunedin, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Auckland, New

• Dec 12, 2011: Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Auckland, New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Melbourne, Australia, Sydney, Australia 2011

• Dec 24, 2011: Holiday Sailing (my entry)

• Jan 06, 2012: 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif
    Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Auckland, New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Melbourne, Australia, Sydney, Australia

• Jan 18, 2012: 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif
    Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Sydney, Australia, Hobart, Tasmania, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound, Dunedin, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand 2012

Copy & Pasted from X with slight editing:

Thanks...someplace in one of the previous notes it had the Century going out of Hawaii on Nov. 11th. The -X- site is a little out of whack with Century dates in Nov. 2011 right now. I'll wait to see how this sorts out.

Thanks...someplace in one of the previous notes it had the Century going out of Hawaii on Nov. 11th. The -X- site is a little out of whack with Century dates in Nov. 2011 right now. I'll wait to see how this sorts out.

I believe Century leaves Ensenada for Hawaii on Nov. 01, departs Hawaii Nov 11 for an 18 night TransPacific arriving in NZ on the 30th...

Remember that Phileas Fogg gained a day going east... Century loses it here.. :eek:;)

Hey Michael! Good to see you. The new itineraries look great. It's going to be pretty hot and sticky up in Darwin at that time of year, isn't it. Kakadu was one of my favourite places ever to have visited, but even in late September it was hot.

Hope you are doing well and getting some cruises in.

Phil

Hi Phil, regards to you too. Been doing many cruises but not on Celebrity.

Kakadu is amazing any time of year for its geography, fauna, flora and deep aboriginal cultural significance. In March it will be hot and damp which makes the scenery even more spectacular. Unfortunately you can't do it justice on a day trip from a cruise ship. You need a couple of days.

Yes, I'll be part of the welcoming committee in Cairns as I overlook the cruise terminal which is currently being rebuilt. (About time!) Century will apparently be one of the largest ships permitted in to the port. Most large ships tender further up the coast. It should be a great sight.

On more cruise from Celebrity site. Copy and Pasted form X site:

18 Night Bottom End Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif

Destination:Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports:Auckland, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Sydney, Australia, Melbourne, Australia, Adelaide, Australia, Albany, Australia, Bunbury, Australia, Perth (Fremantle), Australia 2012 Departure Dates: Jan 30

• Nov 30, 2011: 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif Destination: Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Sydney, Australia, Hobart, Tasmania, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound, Dunedin, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand

• Dec 12, 2011: Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Auckland, New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Melbourne, Australia, Sydney, Australia

• Dec 24, 2011: Holiday Sailing (my entry)

• Jan 06, 2012: 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif
    Australia/New Zealand. Cruise Ports: Auckland, New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Melbourne, Australia, Sydney, Australia

• Jan 18, 2012: 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on board Celebrity Century spacer.gif
    Cruise Ports: Sydney, Australia, Hobart, Tasmania, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound, Dunedin, New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand, Napier, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Bay Of Islands, New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand

• Jan 30, 2012: 18 Night Bottom End Cruise on board Celebrity Century Cruise Ports:Auckland, New Zealand, Tauranga,New Zealand, Christchurch, New Zealand, Dunedin, New Zealand, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, New Zealand, Sydney, Australia, Melbourne, Australia, Adelaide, Australia, Albany, Australia, Bunbury, Australia, Perth (Fremantle), Australia

• Feb 17, 2012: 18 Night TBA 18-night sailing around Australia's northern coast, and features a visit to the idyllic island of Bali, Indonesia
  • Mar. 2012: 18-Night TBA Trans-Pacific voyage visiting the French Polynesian islands and Hawaii.

I'm in Maryland, and was SOO happy that my favorite ship was returning to Baltimore.

I was on Century when she left B'more the last time. Drats!

I was on Mercury when they went down under a couple of years ago. I didn't care for Mercury, and am glad its leaving the fleet. However, the AU/NZ S Pacific cruise I LOVED!!! Guess I'll be back aboard on my fave ship!

Think Celebrity should give us a Mille class ship, since they snatched Century away!

Archived