Restaurant reccommendations for Ft. Lauderdale Please

minner80

Hi. My husband and I will be celebrating our 25 year anniversary this weekend in Ft. Lauderdale at the Pillars Hotel. We have never visited Ft. Lauderdale before. Please can someone suggest some not to miss restaurants. We will be there 3 nights. We enjoy seafood a lot. Any good place for happy hour. Thanks so much!!!

I am not familiar with the Pillars Hotel, so I don't know how far away it is from what I am going to suggest. (I have never heard of it, in fact.)

For Happy Hour: the revolving Pier Top Lounge at Hyatt Regency Pier 66.

For dinner: Bimini Boatyard. Good seafood dinners, with other entrees also available.

Enjoy your week-end!

We really enjoyed the 15th Street Fisherie, which is on the Water Taxi stop route. You could first stop at the Hyatt pier across the Intercoastal water way and walk up to the hotel. Go to the tower revolving lounge for a great sunset view. This is really neat when ships are in port. Don't forget your camera.

Bon Voyage

I'm going to be a dissenting vote for the Bimini Boatyard. It's a nice outdoor setting. But the food is extremely medicore and the best thing is their bread, which is warm and covered in honey. It's delicious and sitting outside with a drink and eating some of it, is nice. However, the place is not worthy of a "don't miss" vote for dinner. But it would be a great happy hour place.

"Don't Miss" dining is at Mark's Las Olas. Truly fabulous food. Though the noise level can get very loud.

San Angelo's is high end gourmet mexican food that is nothing like the traditional mexican fare you're used to.

Prima Vera has terrific italian food and is a lovely dining experience.

Sage is a very charming little french restaurant that's inexpensive.

Jane

I agree w/having a drink at the revolving lounge on top of Pier 66. Think Bimini Boat Yard is great for lunch...they have a great tuna (sashimi) salad. Definitely have the Bimini bread. Think 15th St. Fisheries is best for dinner. Have to say that I think Mark's on Las Olas is overpriced, but they do sometimes have a special prix fixed meal which would be a good value. Quarterdeck on Ft. Lauderdale Beach has great fish sandwiches, fish tacos and fish burritos but is a super casual bar atmosphere kind of place.

Last cruise pre-stay was at the Holiday Inn State Route 84. When I asked at the desk for a good seafood restaurant, all three staff said in unison "Rustic Inn". Shuttle driver who took us said "Any thing less than a 45 minute wait for a table was worth it".

Wait was about 25 minutes, did not finish our first drink. It is almost community seating the tables are that close together. It is noisey.

It is the best seafood I have ever had!!!!

Try it. It is an experience you will not forget. If you are in FLL on Feb 5th, 2006, meet us there!

Steve

Last cruise pre-stay was at the Holiday Inn State Route 84. When I asked at the desk for a good seafood restaurant, all three staff said in unison "Rustic Inn". Shuttle driver who took us said "Any thing less than a 45 minute wait for a table was worth it".

Wait was about 25 minutes, did not finish our first drink. It is almost community seating the tables are that close together. It is noisey.

It is the best seafood I have ever had!!!!

Try it. It is an experience you will not forget. If you are in FLL on Feb 5th, 2006, meet us there!

Steve

Shhhhhhhhh, the Rustic Inn is for us locals. Tourists are supposed to go to Bimini Boatyard, 15th Street Fisheries etc. You've just increased our waiting time by another 15 minutes! :p

quote:

"Shhhhhhhhh, the Rustic Inn is for us locals. Tourists are supposed to go to Bimini Boatyard, 15th Street Fisheries etc. You've just increased our waiting time by another 15 minutes! ":p

LOL...too funny. I lived down there for 3 years back in 1987-90 and Rustic Inn was famous then too;). That tells you when something is good. Especially restaurants, where they open and close with a bat of the eye.

When you have flourished for more than 20 years~well, it means they are doing something right:D

Shhhhhhhhh, the Rustic Inn is for us locals. Tourists are supposed to go to Bimini Boatyard, 15th Street Fisheries etc. You've just increased our waiting time by another 15 minutes! :p

lol..glad I saw this:) I will have to check it out in December. I noticed they have great coupons on their website.

Archived